District 11A

thenomad

I understand that it is part of the game and that things happen, but when it happens for the 2nd time in the same game plus your team is trailing by 20+ points in the 4th quarter....As hard as the ball was thrown it could have very easily broken CJ's nose and knocked him out of the rest of the tournament. I thought Stiles played a very good game, he scored a majority of his team's points and played good D, but that was totally uncalled for no matter how you look at it.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that it is part of the game and that things happen, but when it happens for the 2nd time in the same game plus your team is trailing by 20+ points in the 4th quarter....As hard as the ball was thrown it could have very easily broken CJ's nose and knocked him out of the rest of the tournament. I thought Stiles played a very good game, he scored a majority of his team's points and played good D, but that was totally uncalled for no matter how you look at it.

your exactly right, when your down 20 points you should completely give up... idk how many balls you've tried to run out of bounds and save, but when you go to throw it at another player you dont really aim, so to say he was "trying" to hit him in the face is rediculous. and even if you could aim, whose gonna be jumping outabounds mid air and say eh, look guys face, lets hit it!

i left at halftime of the cully game, nothing exciting there.

CA didnt really come to play, Richland did. i guess better to lose early than late.

i guess next tuesday.

CA vs. Cornersville-not sure by not very many.

Culleoka vs. Richland-culleoka by alot

Garrett went to save a ball going out of bounds trying to make a play and threw it off another player and it inadvertantly hit him in the face. The officials were on top of it and made the correct no call. Just a player trying to make a play and deflect it off the closest player on the other team. Everyone who knows Garrett knows that he plays hard and has never been accussed as being dirty. I heard they talked after the game and CJ understood its just part of the game.

thanks

ok so what should have happened is : garrett gets T'd up 3 times and suppended right? Would that make you feel better?

your exactly right, when your down 20 points you should completely give up... idk how many balls you've tried to run out of bounds and save, but when you go to throw it at another player you dont really aim, so to say he was "trying" to hit him in the face is rediculous. and even if you could aim, whose gonna be jumping outabounds mid air and say eh, look guys face, lets hit it!

i left at halftime of the cully game, nothing exciting there.

CA didnt really come to play, Richland did. i guess better to lose early than late.

i guess next tuesday.

CA vs. Cornersville-not sure by not very many.

Culleoka vs. Richland-culleoka by alot

Couldn't have said it better myself!

It is awful to have a kid get knocked out do to someone hitting them in the face with the ball. Twice is a little sketch. Both times Stiles threw the ball as hard as possible. The second time was in front of my seats. It is a questionable call. Wilson did the right thing as did Slatten, after his tirade while checking on CJ. Neither starters needed to be in. The game was decided. Neither team needs to risk injuries. As for the game Stiles was shut down the whole second half. I believe he was held to 3 points after halftime. Culleoka looked good without Stephens in the three games.

As for the Richland/CA game, I said if one team comes out not caring it wouldn't be pretty. It started out lopsided in Richland's favor. It was a great effort by CA to get back in it. Richland's Patterson (who use to go to CA) had what I think might have been a career night for him. Parsons played well as did Emerson. I just don't think CA expected much of a game. They realized Richland wasn't going to just roll over by halftime.

As for Tuesday, CA/Cornersville will be by far the best game. I look for Cornersville to pull the upset by a slim margin. I am not counting out CA to win, but I am leaning toward Cornersville. I think CA really overachieved in the regular season with their limited post play. Look for Cornersville to pound the ball inside. The Championship will be determined by how well Richland handles the press. The gym will be rocking!! This the first time Richland boys has made it to the Championships in a while. I look for this to be closer than expected!!

Good Luck to all!!

Hey Culleokarep!! Look who's in the finals!! Your Warriors and My Raiders!!! I thought you said we weren't good enough to be there!! Culleoka has had our number for the past few years. It's time we change the story. The gym will be loud and rowdy. I see ole Coach "B" is still there.

I'm not going to say much. Just go Raiders!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Ok legal play. So the cully fan can stop complaining!

I think the biggest complaint was with the 2nd one. The first time Stiles was still in the air when he hit CJ. No problem. But the 2nd time he landed on both feet out of bounds, then hit him. Whatever, I was glad to see nothing come of it. Good luck to all!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I think the biggest complaint was with the 2nd one. The first time Stiles was still in the air when he hit CJ. No problem. But the 2nd time he landed on both feet out of bounds, then hit him. Whatever, I was glad to see nothing come of it. Good luck to all!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

honestly what do you want the call to be. technical foul for playing hard to the whistle and trying to save an out of bounds ball?

while yall are tellin the kid how unsportman like he is, im applauding him for still caring late in the 4th quarter when hes down by 20+

honestly what do you want the call to be. technical foul for playing hard to the whistle and trying to save an out of bounds ball?

while yall are tellin the kid how unsportman like he is, im applauding him for still caring late in the 4th quarter when hes down by 20+

Wrench, when you land with the ball, turm around and throw the ball into someones face....it is not a "hustle play". The first one was, no problem, the 2nd one was just frustration!!!!

What happened to CA?????

Wrench, when you land with the ball, turm around and throw the ball into someones face....it is not a "hustle play". The first one was, no problem, the 2nd one was just frustration!!!!

What happened to CA?????

i wasnt there to see the play, i left at halftime of the cully game. but what it sounds like he was just trying to go for the ball.

CA didnt come to play. Mathew Williams was pretty cold for most of the game. Richlands big dude couldnt miss no matter what he shot(not patterson, although he did have a pretty good game) There shot just didnt seem to be on(CA) but there season isnt over yet, and id say its better to lose now than lose in 2 games.

and for the most part the refs were retarded. lets take the last play of the half, the shot was obviously made in time. but even if they said it wasnt in thats even ok. but come out 2nd half they for some reason had taken the points off, the refs like ok, put the points back on. then they talk to richlands coach, hey take the points off, then they talk to CA's coach, hey put the points back on. then they like talk to the scores table, and they take em back off and then they talked to CA's coach again and they leave them on for good. i mean what kind of officiating is this? what kind of official changes there mind like 4 times by talking to COACHES? there obviously gonna be biased to there team and they did it like 4 times. it ended up going in out(CA) favor but they should have never asked EITher coach, or whatever they said to them.

Hey Culleokarep!! Look who's in the finals!! Your Warriors and My Raiders!!! I thought you said we weren't good enough to be there!! Culleoka has had our number for the past few years. It's time we change the story. The gym will be loud and rowdy. I see ole Coach "B" is still there.

I'm not going to say much. Just go Raiders!!

GOOD LUCK!!

haha obviously you didnt think they were gonna be there cuz i havent seen you post in a long time until your team sneaks into the championship game....but good for your guys....should make for a good game...i still think culleoka wins this one big....chad will be looking to make his presence felt after missing three games...but good luck to your boys....and please tell your guards not to bring it inside like they did at culleoka......i saw some humiliating blocks last time /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />