District 11A

thenomad

No way that Cornersville will run away with it, but having said that, they have the potential too simply because they are deeper than the other top tier teams in D11. Cornersville-Perry Co. Game was 38-32 when the fourth started. It wasn't a pounding till the fourth quarter, but Cornersville was in control from mid way 2nd quarter on.

No doubt that Vann is good but I wouldn't call her the best post player in 11A just yet. I think that Duke (RHS) and King (CHS) might have a little something to say about that. Cornersville is dangerous because they have so many scorers. You've got to contain Nelms, but King, Cook, H. Fagan, and Hopkins can also put it in the hole. Cornersville will see what they've got when Collinwood comes to town on Tuesday night.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told that the Perry county and Cornersville game was a 1 point game early in the fourth quarter before perry county ran out of gas midway through the fourth. Pounds is probably not the most accurate word to use if it was a very competitive game for the first 3 1/2 quarters. I doubt Cornersville's coach would see it as a pounding. Summertown and moore county was a good game. Vann is the best post player in 11A and is going to be really tough over the next few years. I really like that point guard they have over there as well. Moore county and cornersville games are going to be some good battles.

Don't pay much attention to Nomad..... He said a boys team "sputterd" to a 65-35 win.

Don't pay much attention to Nomad..... He said a boys team "sputterd" to a 65-35 win.

When a team should dominate another team, but allows them to stay with in reach until the last quarter...it's sputtering. I was merely writing what I was told by a friend who was at that game. As for the Cornersville girls' game, I was not there. I read the score in the paper and it was quite shocking!! I thought that it would have ended closer. As for paying attention to me, don't! Just stating an opinion on an open forum!!

No way that Cornersville will run away with it, but having said that, they have the potential too simply because they are deeper than the other top tier teams in D11. Cornersville-Perry Co. Game was 38-32 when the fourth started. It wasn't a pounding till the fourth quarter, but Cornersville was in control from mid way 2nd quarter on.

No doubt that Vann is good but I wouldn't call her the best post player in 11A just yet. I think that Duke (RHS) and King (CHS) might have a little something to say about that. Cornersville is dangerous because they have so many scorers. You've got to contain Nelms, but King, Cook, H. Fagan, and Hopkins can also put it in the hole. Cornersville will see what they've got when Collinwood comes to town on Tuesday night.

I had forgotten about Duke.

When a team should dominate another team, but allows them to stay with in reach until the last quarter...it's sputtering. I was merely writing what I was told by a friend who was at that game. As for the Cornersville girls' game, I was not there. I read the score in the paper and it was quite shocking!! I thought that it would have ended closer. As for paying attention to me, don't! Just stating an opinion on an open forum!!

"What I had been TOLD by a friend who was at the game"

Your right...open forum. Hey, what is your opinion on the sun coming up tommorrow. You have any inside scoop from your friends /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Congrats to the 3-0 Cornersville Lady Dawgs. It's still early, but impresive wins over Perry County, Community, and Collinwood. Three more BIG games in the next several days. MLK - Wayne Co & MTCS are next!

Cornersville is a very good ball team. They do not beat themselves that is forsure. They have some depth which I believe was a huge factor in tonights game against collinwood. The nelms girl is really good and she is very sound and smart with the basketball. #1 really hit some big shots as well that sort of limited any momentum Collinwood was gaining. Right now, I would put cornersville slightly ahead of everyone in region 6a just based on how well they looked tonight and what they did in the other two games they have played. Good luck to them.

I just don't know if anyone can play with Cornersville. They hustle, they defend, they shoot, and the finish. This is the most well balanced team I have seen in 11A, in a long time! Moore Co. may be the only team that can hang with them, but if they have little depth, Cornersville will be able to run their legs off!

Don't count Richland out!! They played a close ball game against Eagleville last night. If they had just had a couple of more mintues I think they could have won by 10. They fought from behind all night. They answered runs but made stupid mistakes to keep themselves behind. They shoot the 3 ball extremely well from all positions. Duke is a huge threat inside and out. Look for the Lady Raiders to upset some people!!

Don't count Richland out!! They played a close ball game against Eagleville last night. If they had just had a couple of more mintues I think they could have won by 10. They fought from behind all night. They answered runs but made stupid mistakes to keep themselves behind. They shoot the 3 ball extremely well from all positions. Duke is a huge threat inside and out. Look for the Lady Raiders to upset some people!!

I do not see eagleville going to the state tournament this year. Why would you be happy to play them close and lose. Sounds like it could be a long year for the lady raiders.

I don't think Richland is going to be a contender for a state title; however, I think they could spoil someone else's chances of making deep into the postseason. They have a good inside pressence in Duke and most of their perimeter players can shoot. They play an aggressive style of basketball. I look for them to surprise some people.