Clinton vs Halls

coonhunter293

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even after all the Halls problems this year they will be tough to beat at home.

But Clinton is clicking at the right time and what a huge win against Oak Ridge similar to our win with Central about our only highlight this year.

Clinton will make the playoffs this year. At the moment unless things drastically change Halls will see their post season aspirations melt away if they don't get a win at Powell or this week against Clinton.

Time to step up Red Devils.

I don't have a good feeling about this one after what I've seen the past two weeks. We need a offensive makeover.

from posts i've seen on here, i've gathered that halls' offensive coordinator is williams (the short stocky guy)...if i'm wrong correct me....anyhow, i can understand why you might feel that you need an offensive makeover, since he played a pretty big role with kevin catlett in the absolute decimation of the clinton program early in this decade....perhaps i'm a little bitter? i don't know.....

anyhow, i think clinton might have a tough time with halls, since from what i've seen of halls' defense, they're pretty strong. i know halls has had offensive struggles, but with the exception of the OR game, clinton hasn't been able to stop the run. i think clinton can win, but it might be closer than the OR game.

Clinton had a great win over OR, any win over them is special. The only thing that concerns me is that OR is barely average this year. We need to build off the win, use the momentum and finish strong.

Halls is a much better team than OR. Halls fans... Is the record because of quality opponets or underachievement? Not a shot, just haven't seen you play yet. I know coming into the season, alot of folks picked Halls for the region.

Should be a pretty good ball game, too close to call at this point.

just as a shot in the dark im gonna pick clinton 28, halls 21. this is the biggest game of the year for the dragons so far, sure o.r is huge for pride but it doesnt matter at all for the postseason. a win at halls will put us at 2-1 in the region and give us the inside track for atleast 3rd but in all seriousness i really think we can finish second behind you know who and make a nice little playoff run. im just glad we proved we can win when westons not there i was really worried that without him we'd crumble. Get well soon weston and GO DRAGONS!!!

Can our (Halls) problems be fixed? Not if everything stays the same!! (definition of ignorance is to do the SAME thing over and over and expect a different result)

- Not counting Gibbs, Offense is scoring at about 12 points per game less than last year. Defense is giving up 17 points less per game than last year. Why can everyone execept the main person see the problem is on offense.

Let's start a wish list of changes. I'll start off with my top two:

1. GET RID OF THE "LOOP" T. The first change (and for those who don't know, coach Williams changed virtually every play we had, plus added in his new stuff) I would make is fix the loop. Our RB's are taught to loop back behind the line this year. Coach Ward had all the action going quick and forward. Williams has asked the RB's to "loop" back. Thus, many plays this year have lost yardage and when holes are present, backs are too far away to get to them.

2. GIVE THE SR A CHANCE! - We decided to place the season on a SOPH's shoulders. He weighs 145 pounds, and we have to sub when we need a block. #21 has two carries, and #3 can run the ball and block. I said this before the Maryville game, and I'll say it again. We will not win many games relying on this SOPH. He is doing fine, but look at his TD's and 4th quarter production (8 total rushing yards in 6 ballgames). Rest him early, then watch the spark he can add to the team coming off the bench. Then he might be able to help his team in the 4th quarter.

Let's hear what the reast of you think. Losses by 3, 4, and 5 points have many fans disappointed. I DONT THINK PASSING ON EVERY DOWN, OR RUNNING ON EVERY DOWN WILL WORK. How about some balance throughout the game.

- Clinton would have to be favored right now by at least 17.

ironman80,

You make some very valid point in your comments about the Devils. I am as P.O.'d as I have ever been with this team. I remember years when everybody blamed the head coach cause we had people leaving the program to go to Central, now we raise the roof cause we are suposed to be good this year and we are NOT. The defense has played well. Coach J needs to start calling the offense in my opinion. I have said all along I didn't know if Coach Williams was the right person for the OC job. Now I am convinced he is not. Somebody has got to get a set of

$%^^& and make some changes. If we continue like we are we will be worse than the local college team...and lords know they stink right now.

Can we rebound and turn it around? Why change the offense? Why blame the players? It all starts with the main man and goes thorough the assistents.