Oak Ridge @ McMinn Co

wpasi

JamJay,

The point of my comments were that back in the summer all the posters on here that correctly predicted that Stevens was unprepared and was a terrible excuse for a coach and the season would be a disaster were lambasted by a bunch of mommies and daddies who said we were not true Oak Ridge fans and should be supporting the "kids." Now all those mommies and daddies are seeing Stevens tru colors (and I don't mean that racially Stevens) and are figuring out their kids coach is unqualified, uninterested and an unintelligent coach. Now, since things have turned bad he is threatning to play "The Race Card." What a chump. Nothing against mommies and daddies....I are one.

Ole Dad

QUOTE (Ole Dad @ Sep 29 2008 - 05:55 PM)

What do all you Mommies and Daddies think about the wonderful leader of a coach now? How about if I told you that your beloved Coach Stevens has been telling people in authority after the Clinton loss that if they think they can fire him, "he will play the race card." What a guy with class. Bailey and Green will get what they deserve in the end as they have to deal with this issue. I was wrong, Oak Ridge may win 4 games this year because Fulton was much worse than I thought they would be ffrom graduation losses.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad,

Just one question, and not to be disagreeable, but how do you know all the stanton supporters are mommys and daddys? i would tend to think that they are not. So while you are right on with what you are saying i think that blaming the m's and d's is not right on. They are probably just as unhappy as everyone else. think about it. or are some of the supporters on here moms and dads and you know more than i do? jsut don't group them all together.

Bump.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought 2 years ago Region 2 was better. As for this year, yea, it seems that it is basically Farragut, Ooltewah and then everyone else.

So can anyone put their finger on why Oak Ridge is down this year? Are they a young team or is this just a dry talent year? Oak Ridge has always been a powerhouse and I am looking forward to a good game against Ooltewah when we travel up there towards the end of October. I am a fan of Ooltewah but did not go to school in Tennessee. I have enjoyed following the Owls and especially watching them battle it out with Oak Ridge. I will miss this rivalry next season.

Also.. Farragut is ranked number one in the state, are they really that good?

So can anyone put their finger on why Oak Ridge is down this year? Are they a young team or is this just a dry talent year? Oak Ridge has always been a powerhouse and I am looking forward to a good game against Ooltewah when we travel up there towards the end of October. I am a fan of Ooltewah but did not go to school in Tennessee. I have enjoyed following the Owls and especially watching them battle it out with Oak Ridge. I will miss this rivalry next season.

Also.. Farragut is ranked number one in the state, are they really that good?

I think Ole Dad has placed his finger firmly on why Oak Ridge is down.

He said it and that's a fact and they will tesify to it. It's not a rumor, it's the facts.

Ole Dad

I agree that the program is in bad shape, but Stanton would never say that he was going to play the race card.. Unless you want to identify these "people in authority" that rumor has zero credibility.

Ole dad, with all due respect, with your agenda against Coach Stevens, I just don't believe that. Why would a guy make a statement like that to someone who would turn right around and stab him in the back by telling someone like you who has an obvious vendetta against the coach. That's ridiculous.

Just a guess on my part, but could it be because of how much it will cost if they do? Also it is called CYA in some places.

Like alot of folks I will just be glad when the 'race card' will be a thing of the past in ALL endeavors.

Ole dad, with all due respect, with your agenda against Coach Stevens, I just don't believe that. Why would a guy make a statement like that to someone who would turn right around and stab him in the back by telling someone like you who has an obvious vendetta against the coach. That's ridiculous.

Check out the Knoxville news sent. article with Coach Graham & tell me what you think.

I think McMinn wins, close.

"Like alot of folks I will just be glad when the 'race card' will be a thing of the past in ALL endeavors."

With reverse discrimination lawsuits on the rise, I think it is closer than you think.