TN High School Football Stadiums

SPLITBACK

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't expecting this to be a competition on who had the "best" stadium.

it may be ordinary looking, but it's always overflowing on game days.

I think it's more of a display of pride in than a competition, which is great(done respectfully). You make a good point....Palacial stadiums are nice, for sure. But you take an ordinary, small or historic stadium with a vocal overflow crowd with people standing all the way around elbow to elbow, and it's as good as good as any in my book. That's what makes a stadium. Atmosphere. Been to more than a few large(8000+) stadiums, and in a few cases, were only half/two-thirds full. Diminishes the atmosphere to an extent. There is nothing like a standing room only stadium erupting when the home crowd reacts to a big play and you feel it bounce off the visitors side.

I think it's more of a display of pride in than a competition, which is great(done respectfully). You make a good point....Palacial stadiums are nice, for sure. But you take an ordinary, small or historic stadium with a vocal overflow crowd with people standing all the way around elbow to elbow, and it's as good as good as any in my book. That's what makes a stadium. Atmosphere. Been to more than a few large(8000+) stadiums, and in a few cases, were only half/two-thirds full. Diminishes the atmosphere to an extent. There is nothing like a standing room only stadium erupting when the home crowd reacts to a big play and you feel it bounce off the visitors side.

And that's how it is in here in henry county. If anybody lives within an hour or so away come on by around 5 when the tailgatin gets started. The crowd gets so loud sometimes my mom says she can here it from her house which is about 5 or 6 miles away.

That 2004 THS-East game was the best high school game I have ever been to. Even though i dont think the Pats scored all night? But that doesnt matter. The atmosphere was amazing

The hype leading up to that game is also what made it so special. People were looking forward to that game for weeks because they knew neither team would be challenged until they played in Week 10.

Week 10

9-0 vs. 9-0

Eads vs. Anderson

East vs. Tenn High

For the Conference Championship

How often are there 2 teams in the same conference that are 9-0, getting ready to face each other in the last game of the regular season for the conference championship? Also, both schools are just 7 miles apart, and basically share the same road. Add the fact that one of those teams has never defeated the other and you have a game that will sell out in less than an hour within both schools.

All very nice stadiums, great settings for h.s.football. A few of my favorites in Ohio. Canton Mckinley Right beside the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Half of the State Championships are played here. The other half played here....Paul Brown Stadium Cin. Elder's "Pit" The Pit-Cin. Elder Stambaugh(home to 4 h.s. teams and Y.S.U.) Stambaugh A website for Ohio stadiums. Not a whole lot on there yet.Ohio stadiums

Nice! I am looking forward to Gallatin playing in that Canton McKinley stadium in 2010.

Guest longhorns51

All very nice stadiums, great settings for h.s.football. A few of my favorites in Ohio. Canton Mckinley Right beside the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Half of the State Championships are played here. The other half played here....Paul Brown Stadium Cin. Elder's "Pit" The Pit-Cin. Elder Stambaugh(home to 4 h.s. teams and Y.S.U.) Stambaugh A website for Ohio stadiums. Not a whole lot on there yet.Ohio stadiums

Being from Ohio I have watched many games from Mckinley, and had the honor of playing on the field once. It was amazing. But I still like Massillon Tigers stadium more. But im a little bias. Check out their movie coming out "GO TIGERS" http://www.gotigersfilm.com/ and the school website: http://www.massillonproud.com/football/index.php Alot of history between Massillon and Mckinley

Nice! I am looking forward to Gallatin playing in that Canton McKinley stadium in 2010.

Sure miss that stadium. A TON of history(h.s./college/pro) at that field. Saw a lot of games there....used to live 20 min. away. GWAVE-are you planning on making the trip up for the game? I recommend a visit to the Hall of Fame next door, and Paul Brown Stadium, which is 10/15 min. away. Home of the other half of the Massilon/McKinley rivalry, the most storied in the nation. P.S.....Leave EARLY for the game as the parking is TERRIBLE. Hopefully, we will be able to watch the game on the tube/web down here.