Alcoa Defense

BCsportsfan

Yep, alcoafan72, the region games are hard to get fired up for. I really hope the new Z plan will bring Alcoa some better competition.

I wanna see Alcoa play South Pittsburg next year after seeing S. Pitt put 82 on Whitwell last night. But I say South Pittsburg will be to scared to play Alcoa.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it was not our defense, It was because Oliver Springs did not execute. Right FBEmoronus.

That's good 1 bridge , lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooa . A fitting name to I might add . Like 4A in there region has any better competition . you going to Bread OF heavem this week before we go to CAK ?Let me know , I'll meet ya there .

Wow, 2A in East Tn is really shaping up to be real tough again this year! 62 points on another HS team, great win, something to be real proud of. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Too bad it is not as tough as the 4A schedule that Maryville has to deal with. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You can call me all the names in the world but the fact that 2A, or the competition that Alcoa is pounding their chests about is what I said it was three years ago. The weakest class in TN HS Football is in East TN at 2A. Forget the loss to Maryville, save for White house (5-1) Alcoa is cake walking. In my opinion competition would be defined as having near equals in a sport. Some Alcoa posters think their team is a world beater but in fact have nothing in the way of a real challenge. I??™ll be the first to say it is not Alcoa??™s fault that they face no challenges in 2A and won??™t until the State Game but don't agree with RebRon that This years Alcoa team could beat 95% of all teams in TN. But the teams they schedule and face are among the weakest and part of that is not their fault.

My point is simple. The combined record of all of Alcoa??™s foes thus far stands at 7-24. Those teams have given up a combined average of 36.7 points per contest. This excludes Maryville of course. Ahead Alcoa will face four teams who have done a little better with a combined record of 13-12 and average giving up only 19.7. Loudon is the only foe in the future at 4-2 that is any better than .500.

But hey, you guys don??™t need facts you got the best ever until they play outside that weak class.

Maryville??™s record this year vs. all comers is at 13-24, excluding Alcoa, is not much tougher at this point. But 4A in East TN is normally among the best in the state overall. The rest of the way, Maryville opponents are not much better this year at 7-11 combined. Maryville also has beaten two 5A teams, not very good 5A teams this year but that is not always the case and they are 5A. Now you can call me names, but that does little to erase the facts and I been called worse by a lot better!

Enjoy the cake and the walk to the borro.

You can call me all the names in the world but the fact that 2A, or the competition that Alcoa is pounding their chests about is what I said it was three years ago. The weakest class in TN HS Football is in East TN at 2A. Forget the loss to Maryville, save for White house (5-1) Alcoa is cake walking. In my opinion competition would be defined as having near equals in a sport. Some Alcoa posters think their team is a world beater but in fact have nothing in the way of a real challenge. I??™ll be the first to say it is not Alcoa??™s fault that they face no challenges in 2A and won??™t until the State Game but don't agree with RebRon that This years Alcoa team could beat 95% of all teams in TN. But the teams they schedule and face are among the weakest and part of that is not their fault.

My point is simple. The combined record of all of Alcoa??™s foes thus far stands at 7-24. Those teams have given up a combined average of 36.7 points per contest. This excludes Maryville of course. Ahead Alcoa will face four teams who have done a little better with a combined record of 13-12 and average giving up only 19.7. Loudon is the only foe in the future at 4-2 that is any better than .500.

But hey, you guys don??™t need facts you got the best ever until they play outside that weak class.

Maryville??™s record this year vs. all comers is at 13-24, excluding Alcoa, is not much tougher at this point. But 4A in East TN is normally among the best in the state overall. The rest of the way, Maryville opponents are not much better this year at 7-11 combined. Maryville also has beaten two 5A teams, not very good 5A teams this year but that is not always the case and they are 5A. Now you can call me names, but that does little to erase the facts and I been called worse by a lot better!

Enjoy the cake and the walk to the borro.

the weakest region in highschool football is in 2, 2A? why do yo get one here anyways? u obviousl know nothing , i would have to say without a doubt that the weakest would be reigon 3, 1A, with a combined region record of 10-11 and 4 teams with a 0 in the W column , where as region 2 , 2A has a combined record of 9-9, with two undefeated teams. U always have negative things to say about alcoa , are you jealous or someting? i never see you dogging MAryville, or MBA , or any other quality teams. i just figured you out!!! your a goodpasture fan/student..................is this why your mad?

2005 state championship: Alcoa 55 GoodP 13

2006 CHampionship: Alcoa 31 GP 3

2007 StateCHampionship: Alcoa 35 GoodP 3

IVE FINALY FIGURED YOU OUT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

and you also try to bring the popular " ur the best till you play outside that weak class"

We have "played outside thatweak class" and have beaten 3A,5A, and DII teams in the past 5 years

so your point i guess i very valid :]

There is no comparison to 2A and 4A Football. West,Central,Powell,Halls and Clinton would beat any team in Alcoa's region except for Alcoa.

CAK beat Powell 10-0 in a jamboree this year and 14-0 to nothing in the jamboree last year. Also CAK beat Halls I believe 21-7 in a scrimmage earlier this year. Say what you want about 2a being weak but Maryville plays in a very weak region in 4a. The region has been especially weak since "The streak" started. I'm not taking anything away from that record but if Maryville had been playing the Hall's and Central teams of the 90's that streak would not stand. It also wouldn't stand if they scheduled some 5a teams, DII teams, or out of state teams.

CAK beat Powell 10-0 in a jamboree this year and 14-0 to nothing in the jamboree last year. Also CAK beat Halls I believe 21-7 in a scrimmage earlier this year. Say what you want about 2a being weak but Maryville plays in a very weak region in 4a. The region has been especially weak since "The streak" started. I'm not taking anything away from that record but if Maryville had been playing the Hall's and Central teams of the 90's that streak would not stand. It also wouldn't stand if they scheduled some 5a teams, DII teams, or out of state teams.

You can't go by jamborees and scrimmages. Alcoa scored 11 touchdowns on Oak Ridge in a scrimmage. Oak Ridge scored 3 touchdowns to Maryville's 1 in a scrimmage. Going by that you would think Alcoa would beat Maryville by 80 points. Maryville beat Alcoa 20-13. Seymour beat Maryville 7-0 in the Blount County Jamboree. Does that mean Seymour is better? Seymour got their butt kicked by Heritage. Seymour has struggled this year. Maryville is 7-0.

In all of Maryville's scrimmages I watched I never saw Philip Juhlin run the option. Quarles knew that Juhlin was great at the option but used the scrimmages to work on the passing game. A lot of these teams Maryville scrimmages acts like it is a real game and pulls out all stops.

Central had some great teams from 1998 to 2005. Those teams with Zac Helton were very good. Maryville was 7-0 vs Zac Helton led teams.In matter of fact had Central beaten Maryville in 2004 and 2005 they would have went to Murfreesboro. Powell had very good teams in 2004 and 2005. Knox West had good teams in 2003,2006 and 2007. Halls was good in 2005 and 2007.

IVE FINALY FIGURED YOU OUT /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Welcome to the FBMoron Fan club!

I wonder if he'll stick around next year when Alcoa takes down Maryville /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Welcome to the FBMoron Fan club!

I wonder if he'll stick around next year when Alcoa takes down Maryville /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Oh you bet! One thing is for sure Alcoa has the best field side cheese burgers around.

You mean another "year when Alcoa takes down Maryville" right? Like the past 5-6 years?

I stand by what I said 2A in East TN is the weakest of the weak so you guys pound those chests real hard. Region 3-4A is off some this year but normally that is not the case.

CAK is 3-3 and has little chance of beating Alcoa this year.

Don't worry about me sticking around, I'll be here in an attempt to keep you guys informed and I'll let you know if you should start your first string or not. Even though they normally play until the middle of the 4th qtr most nights.

FBEmoronus, we will play out of our weak region when Maryville plays out of theirs.

Just joking /mellow.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":mellow:" border="0" alt="mellow.gif" />

You are right about one thing, you have been called worse, but wrong when you say you have been called worse by a lot better. I am the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be. If you don't believe that, just ask me. I am a big deal around here.

TF15...I will be there. Noon sharp.

Oh you bet! One thing is for sure Alcoa has the best field side cheese burgers around.

You mean another "year when Alcoa takes down Maryville" right? Like the past 5-6 years?

I stand by what I said 2A in East TN is the weakest of the weak so you guys pound those chests real hard. Region 3-4A is off some this year but normally that is not the case.

CAK is 3-3 and has little chance of beating Alcoa this year.

Don't worry about me sticking around, I'll be here in an attempt to keep you guys informed and I'll let you know if you should start your first string or not. Even though they normally play until the middle of the 4th qtr most nights.

FBE= I have followed Alcoa Football since 1969 and you are the most biased poster I have ever seen, I will gladly meet you publicly to discuss this further. If you decline, please stay off the Alcoa Football threads. Clint abbott