big 9 basketball

unc1

On the South side however??¦what is the deal with Ashworth. He didn??™t play much in the game and when he did it looked as if Pendleton was playing him out on the wing. These coaches these days /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> ??¦I don??™t know why some of you give them so much props and credit, and always come to defend them. Wasn??™t Ashworth the leading scorer in the paint for the Rebels last year as a junior?

I can't say anything or I'll be accused of not supporting our program.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say anything or I'll be accused of not supporting our program.

You can support the rebels and still critique the program Volman. Nothing wrong with an honest opinion. I think coach is making a good move in player positioning as it relates to Cap's questioning. The direction of the program is another matter however. A win over Boone tonight is critical IMO. You must hold homecourt against the other county teams to have an average season. Not reaching 10 wins in either of the last two seasons is pretty weak. This is an experienced, deep JR laden team. It should finish 500 or better or there's trouble in rebel nation. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You can support the rebels and still critique the program Volman. Nothing wrong with an honest opinion. I think coach is making a good move in player positioning as it relates to Cap's questioning. The direction of the program is another matter however. A win over Boone tonight is critical IMO. You must hold homecourt against the other county teams to have an average season. Not reaching 10 wins in either of the last two seasons is pretty weak. This is an experienced, deep JR laden team. It should finish 500 or better or there's trouble in rebel nation. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You are probably way more familiar with the situation than I am Crawdad, so I have to respect your opinion. But for the rest of us on the outside looking in it??™s hard to believe that a player (Ashworth) could go from being one of (if not the only) player/s from South to rank a position on one of the Big 9All Conference teams, to not starting and sitting on the bench for most of the game. I thought maybe there was some disciplinary things going on.

Tonight??™s (12/5) Big 9 Conference Schedule

David Crockett @ Dobyns Bennett

Sullivan East @ Tennessee High

Daniel Boone @ Sullivan South

Volunteer @ Cherokee

Walton, GA @ Science Hill

tricitiessportsfan Picks:

Dobyns Bennett over David Crockett

Tennessee High over Sullivan East

Sullivan South over Daniel Boone

tricitiessportsfan Pick'em record: 4-1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big 9 Conference Schedule ??“ Week of Monday, Dec. 8-Saturday, Dec. 13

Monday, December 8

No Games Scheduled

Monday Night Football, 8:30 p.m. on ESPN

Tampa Bay (9-3) @ Carolina (9-3)

The Bucs and Panthers have met many times, but few of their games have had the magnitude of this one. At stake? First place in the NFC South and likely the No. 2 seed in the playoffs.

My suggestion: Grab a Hot and Ready Pizza, some Crazy Bread and Sauce, purchase some beverages, hook up with your friends and watch great Monday night entertainment. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Tuesday, December 9

Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan Central

Tennessee High @ Daniel Boone

Sullivan East @ Sullivan South

David Crockett @ Volunteer

Wednesday, December 10

Science Hill @ Volunteer

Thursday, December 11

No Games Scheduled

College Basketball:

Saint Joseph's @ #16 Villanova, 8:00 p.m., ESPN2

NBA:

Boston @ Washington, 8:00 p.m., TNT

Portland @ Utah, 10:30 p.m., TNT

NFL:

New Orleans @ Chicago, 8:15, NFL Network

Friday, December 12

Sullivan South @ Science Hill

Sullivan Central @ Sullivan East

David Crockett @ Daniel Boone

Saturday, December 13

Cherokee @ Science Hill

I tried to tell everyone how good the Bucs were gonna be, but nobody listened to me! And normally I feel like dying when I eat Little Ceasar's (don't ask me why I keep eating it) but you're little plug for LC made me want some. Overrooked cardboard, here I come!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> I thought I wrote that post Rebel2man

I tried to tell everyone how good the Bucs were gonna be, but nobody listened to me! And normally I feel like dying when I eat Little Ceasar's (don't ask me why I keep eating it) but you're little plug for LC made me want some. Overrooked cardboard, here I come!

Totally feel the same way about Little Caesar??™s pizza, its one good pizza in a million. The Crazy Bread, though, is phenomenal. Pizza from the 'Pizza Pizza!' guy in a Toga works well for the wallet only, not for the stomach.

Totally feel the same way about Little Caesar??™s pizza, its one good pizza in a million. The Crazy Bread, though, is phenomenal. Pizza from the 'Pizza Pizza!' guy in a Toga works well for the wallet only, not for the stomach.

Yeah, that Crazy Bread with marinara sauce is something else. I love that stuff. I've had really good pizza from there before, though. It's gotta be thin crust, which isn't Hot 'n Ready and it's more expensive, so I just say screw it and get the Hot 'n Ready. Anyone else feel stupid saying "Hot 'n Ready" when you order?

rebelrebelman, I'm trying to decide which game to attend tonight. I've narrowed it down to the following:

South Greene @ Sullivan North (kingsportfan has a sister that plays for the Raiders so I try and support her when I can)

I feel the Trailblazers @ Rebels match up is a push, and the Pioneers @ Indians is a lock for the Tribe. The Raiders are horrible this year, thus the Rebels of South Greene should have an easy time. Any suggestions?

rebelrebelman, I'm trying to decide which game to attend tonight. I've narrowed it down to the following:

South Greene @ Sullivan North (kingsportfan has a sister that plays for the Raiders so I try and support her when I can)

I feel the Trailblazers @ Rebels match up is a push, and the Pioneers @ Indians is a lock for the Tribe. The Raiders are horrible this year, thus the Rebels of South Greene should have an easy time. Any suggestions?

Well, ole buddy, the sister thing is the real wild card. Normally, never in 100,000 years would I watch the Raiders play basketball but you have a unique situation. If it were me, I'd go see DB, but that's because I haven't seen them thus far, which I don't think applies to you. You saw them play in one of those tournys I think. I'd throw South and DBoone out. I'm a South fan and even I'm not too concerned about this matchup. Bad basketball. You can either watch a well-oiled machine at home, and support your team, or share some Christmas spirit and support the Radier sister. For you, I'd be nice and support the Raider sister and hope for some unintentional comedy in the boys game. Did I help?

Well, ole buddy, the sister thing is the real wild card. Normally, never in 100,000 years would I watch the Raiders play basketball but you have a unique situation. If it were me, I'd go see DB, but that's because I haven't seen them thus far, which I don't think applies to you. You saw them play in one of those tournys I think. I'd throw South and DBoone out. I'm a South fan and even I'm not too concerned about this matchup. Bad basketball. You can either watch a well-oiled machine at home, and support your team, or share some Christmas spirit and support the Radier sister. For you, I'd be nice and support the Raider sister and hope for some unintentional comedy in the boys game. Did I help?

Yeah, I saw them play in the Hoop Feast Classic @ Knox Central during the week of Thanksgiving. Those games were great basketball, wish you could have attended. kingsportfan will probably convince me into going with him. My Dad, also a Dobyns Bennett graduate, who I call on when I can't find anybody else to go with me to the Dobyns Bennett games, pulled the 'I want to spend some time with your mother' card, plus the 'Alcoa comes on at 7:00 on Channel 15' card, so he's a tough case. Maybe I can convince my mother into going to the game and it can be an old fashioned family affair, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .You've helped me eliminate the Daniel Boone @ Sullivan South game atleast. Probably will end up at the Sullivan North game though, kingsportfan and his family are good people who I don't get to see much of. Either way, I'll give you a post game rundown, which could be quite humorous on the Raiders behalf.

Yeah, I saw them play in the Hoop Feast Classic @ Knox Central during the week of Thanksgiving. Those games were great basketball, wish you could have attended. kingsportfan will probably convince me into going with him. My Dad, also a Dobyns Bennett graduate, who I call on when I can't find anybody else to go with me to the Dobyns Bennett games, pulled the 'I want to spend some time with your mother' card, plus the 'Alcoa comes on at 7:00 on Channel 15' card, so he's a tough case. Maybe I can convince my mother into going to the game and it can be an old fashioned family affair, /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .You've helped me eliminate the Daniel Boone @ Sullivan South game atleast. Probably will end up at the Sullivan North game though, kingsportfan and his family are good people who I don't get to see much of. Either way, I'll give you a post game rundown, which could be quite humorous on the Raiders behalf.

Oh, believe me the comedy should be plentiful with the Raiders. And by the way, when did you let your guard down. You were pretty uptight on the football boards. Straight facts, no questions asked. You still provide the information (which is great) but you make for a nice conversation, as well. The lighter side of TCSF, if I may. If I can change...and you can change...everybody can change!!!