big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope everyone will take the time to check out the my show. Just got it up on the web (took a little longer than I thought it would). This is the first one so its a little rough, never done this type thing before. I will be uploading a new show each week. Again, this is the first one so there are alot of kinks to work out. Would love to here feedback and ideas or suggestions. Email them to: comments@thefastbreakshow.com

Download the show at www.thefastbreakshow.com

Has anyone really considered that DB or Science Hill was a threat to win state since the loss of Van Huss and Pitts? I would rank them both as the two best coaches ever in tennessee high school basketball. They took good talent and made them great, and they could "compete" in the state tourney. Pitts won several state championships and Van Huss always had a team that could compete head to head with anybody. I don't see that in the two coaches at DB & SH now. They are very good coaches, but not the type that can take the talent here and beat the Memphis schools. Unless you have word of Pitts returning to Science Hill then it ain't gonna' happen. Sit back and watch.

You have to put Dickie Warren on that Hall of Fame list.

Has anyone really considered that DB or Science Hill was a threat to win state since the loss of Van Huss and Pitts? I would rank them both as the two best coaches ever in tennessee high school basketball. They took good talent and made them great, and they could "compete" in the state tourney. Pitts won several state championships and Van Huss always had a team that could compete head to head with anybody. I don't see that in the two coaches at DB & SH now. They are very good coaches, but not the type that can take the talent here and beat the Memphis schools. Unless you have word of Pitts returning to Science Hill then it ain't gonna' happen. Sit back and watch.

Agreed on Pitts and Van Huss. Also, agreed on Warren Cap. But Jack, even you could take the group of SH players coming up and be competitive at the State. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I'm not sure, at the moment, what the exact final to the Science Hill @ Sullivan Central game was. I left with about four minutes left in the fourth quarter, with the Hill leading by 19, 54-35. IMO, the first half was a push with the 'Toppers going in at halftime leading 24-20. I got a sense towards the end of the second quarter, however, that things were slipping away for the Cougars, with Sullivan Central becoming disorganized on offense, and Science Hill not yet hitting their stride.

The 'Toppers opened the third quarter with a 12-4 run, stretching their four point halftime lead to seventeen at the end of three quarters, 47-30. The difference in the third was simple; Science Hill's athleticism, team speed, and depth took the Cougars play makers out of their game. The Hill's press and in your face half court defense forced bad passes, turnovers, and ugly shots.

Overall, the Cougars didn't shoot well. Roberts was not hitting the three ball, Devault and Vannoy were having a hard time going hard to the basket and finishing, and the Cougar bench was not a factor. The Hill stepped up their defense in the third quarter, making it very difficult for Sullivan Central to penetrate the paint in much of the second half. The Hill, on the other hand, was not overly impressive tonight, however, they were efficient. After missing a few close range shots and failing to knock down free throws in the first half, the 'Toppers corrected these mistakes and came out roaring in the third quarter, creating the separation that would be the difference in the final score. Congratulations to the Hill, you played your game and took care of business. Sullivan Central, you came out of the gate inspired, but appeared to lose intensity when the chips were down, depth will be your worst enemy this season. Good luck to both.

Roll Tribe.

From looking at the pics on the web site it looks like it was a very physical game. How does the officiating look to be this season?

Agreed on Pitts and Van Huss. Also, agreed on Warren Cap. But Jack, even you could take the group of SH players coming up and be competitive at the State. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Volman??¦how about a little ???signature??? bet on the game tonight. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Hey Volman??¦how about a little ???signature??? bet on the game tonight. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You may have to toss him a dozen or more to bait him into a bet like that Cap. : /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

From looking at the pics on the web site it looks like it was a very physical game. How does the officiating look to be this season?

IMO, the overall game wasn't physical. It was in spirts in the first quarter. Tyler Devault was physical in the post on the offensive side, but was being taken to task by Josh Odem down low in the second half. The Hill's in your face defense was clean, and the press was applied without the harrassment that is, at times, allowed. In general, I thought the officiating was rather good. The officials did not affect the outcome of the game or draw excess attention to themselves, and more often than not allowed the boys to play basketball. That crew, atleast, was a quality bunch.

Cap, I'll be in Viking Hall tonight for the Sullivan South @ Tennessee High game. We'll see how that officiating goes this time around, and I'll be sure to let you know my opinion of your Vikings. To be honest with you, I'm driving up from Kingsport just to watch your boy. I hear he's Sylvester-like, and I'm a big fan of Sylvester. Go Vikes.

Roll Tribe.

IMO, the overall game wasn't physical. It was in spirts in the first quarter. Tyler Devault was physical in the post on the offensive side, but was being taken to task by Josh Odem down low in the second half. The Hill's in your face defense was clean, and the press was applied without the harrassment that is, at times, allowed. In general, I thought the officiating was rather good. The officials did not affect the outcome of the game or draw excess attention to themselves, and more often than not allowed the boys to play basketball. That crew, atleast, was a quality bunch.

Cap, I'll be in Viking Hall tonight for the Sullivan South @ Tennessee High game. We'll see how that officiating goes this time around, and I'll be sure to let you know my opinion of your Vikings. To be honest with you, I'm driving up from Kingsport just to watch your boy. I hear he's Sylvester-like, and I'm a big fan of Sylvester. Go Vikes.

Roll Tribe.

I wanna attend some basketball tonight, but I haven't picked out a game yet. The decisions are tough!

Go cheer for the rebels or risk anarchy in the inner circle! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I really want to, so I can cheer my team on and give you guys a grade for the Vikings, but I dread that drive up to Bristol. I live in Colonial Heights, so DB, Central, and of course South are the closest venues for me.