big 9 basketball

unc1

Worry about yourself Freddy, you know what he meant.

Dobyns Bennett 75

Knox Central 68

Final

I caugt the end of the game on AM 1320 with Thom Throp. Apparently the refs were a problem again, so much so that Thom expressed his disappointment and the Knox Central coaching staff apologized personally to Coach Morgan after the game. Thom said it best, in describing the Indians accomplishments over the weekend, when he said the Indians beat a taller team in Farragut, a more athletic team in Siegel, and a more aggressive team in Knox Central. Well done Indians.

Roll Tribe.

A little testy there aren't you "Ron B". A lot of basketball to be played, before anyone plays on down the road.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might wanna worry about winning the Big 9 first Coach /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I heard their going to demolish Sullivan Central and build a truck stop. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

A little testy there aren't you "Ron B". A lot of basketball to be played, before anyone plays on down the road.

Yes sir, mor-onish statements make me testy. Waco said playing at a state tournament level, not at the state tournament. Coach Morgan assured everybody in his post game interview tonight that he and the players aren't looking ahead. As Dobyns Bennett fans, I guarantee you we aren't looking ahead either, especially Waco. We all know what we are known for. Also, my name sounds more like 'Roop-Lee', than 'Ron B', though at times I wish I had his job.

I heard their going to demolish Sullivan Central and build a truck stop. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I tried to make a joke out of them building the truck stop out of Central player X's bricks, but I couldn't think of anyone to make fun of. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just imagine a funny jab at a Central player. If it makes you feel any better, it'll be a DB sweep over the Cougars this year.

I tried to make a joke out of them building the truck stop out of Central player X's bricks, but I couldn't think of anyone to make fun of. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Just imagine a funny jab at a Central player. If it makes you feel any better, it'll be a DB sweep over the Cougars this year.

It may be a sweep by DB this yr, but I think Central will also sweep your Rebels. Maybe you should change your name to Indianindianman. Central is a good team, not great but good. SH & DB will again dominate the Big 9 but Central is in the top 4 also, probably #3. Why don't you talk much about your rebels are you embarrassed by them or what?

It may be a sweep by DB this yr, but I think Central will also sweep your Rebels. Maybe you should change your name to Indianindianman. Central is a good team, not great but good. SH & DB will again dominate the Big 9 but Central is in the top 4 also, probably #3. Why don't you talk much about your rebels are you embarrassed by them or what?

I didn't realize I was in a cage and could only speak about other teams when spoken to. I know Central is good. I've been posting recently about how excited I am for the Science Hill Central game. What do you want me to say about South? We have a chance to finish 5th in the conference! Big deal. I'll support the boys and I wish them the best, but they're not that interesting right now. There's nothing embarrassing about them, there's just nothing to talk about with them. I'm a huge basketball fan on every level (high school, college, pro) and the big 9 is starting up and I'm looking forward to good basketball, not the mediocre/bad stuff the other 5 teams are going to play. So, yeah, this basketball season you're going to read a lot more stuff from me about DB, THS, SHHS, and your Cougars, is that okay by you? Do you grant me your almighty permission? Stop being so sensitive to the fact you're going to get swept by DB. Relax.....relax..........

You keep mentioning this. Is a truck stop where you pick up your women, or maybe your men. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I just thought I'd drop a couple of lines to let all the haters and the doubters know that at this very moment, I'm watching Omar Wattad on ESPN...out on the court...playing for the Hoya's of Georgtown in only his second season with the team!! There was ALLOT of talk (much of which came from Central followers at that time} of how he would never see the floor at Georgetown. Well...surprise surprise surprise!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I just thought I'd drop a couple of lines to let all the haters and the doubters know that at this very moment, I'm watching Omar Wattad on ESPN...out on the court...playing for the Hoya's of Georgtown in only his second season with the team!! There was ALLOT of talk (much of which came from Central followers at that time) of how he would never see the floor at Georgetown. Well...surprise surprise surprise!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Cap, glad to see you found the basketball messageboards, maybe you can help me. How did your Vikings fair in the Bahamas?

Update the Tennessee High basketball schedule if you would. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Cap, glad to see you found the basketball messageboards, maybe you can help me. How did your Vikings fair in the Bahamas?

We dropped the first game to the host team and then won the next two. That's really all I know. We were expecting an update every evening, but have yet to receive a call from that hard head of mine. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> But that's ok...I won't have to worry about paying his cell phone bill for a while. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The way I see it....he don't use it, he don't need it!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've been keeping up with the box scores of the Indians and got a chance to speak with one of the starters today. Looks like you guys are on track. I don't know of any school around here that has so much fortune just fall in their lap year after year. Don't get me wrong I'm not hating...but I am jealous. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> I did have a concern with how the mix of strong personalities on that team were going to work out with Coach Morgan being the mixer, but according to my man "MONEY" (as I like to call him), everything is smooth on the home front. Justin, Ashlon, Jordan, and Denison (DB)...along with Odem, L. Smith, Handcock (SH), Young, Webb (THS), C. Cambell from Crocket, and Tihlee Anderson from Gate City... among others played on my travel team this summer. This was the first year we were able to break into the Kingsport elite because you boys like to stick together. The invitation was extended to other top players from the Indians but was turned down for personal conflict (selfish in my book) reasons. These kids became instant brothers...ALL OF THEM...despite the obvious rivalries that they hold. If the area coaches don't support and even promote teams such as this I (as a parent) would question if they were sincere about my child's future in sports...or if they are simple thinking about themselves and the team that they coach. That's just my take on it from my experiences with travel (AAU) basketball. You put the best of the best from this region together they can truly compete with Mid and West teams despite what many around here think. Your kid could be a virtual unknown and have a couple good games (with his team advancing to later rounds) in one of these "invite only" tournaments and he could immediately be put on "the watch list". As a direct result of these kids playing at this level and in the tournaments that they were able to play in this year (and the previous year for two or three of them)...several of them are ranked in the state of TN, and their names are frequently mentioned on recruiting websites and magazines. Don't take my word for it...Google Josh Odem or Ashlon Adams.

It was good to see you at the Elizabethton AAU tourney CAP1. That team had all the makings of a great team from this area. How did you guys fair this summer? I would have loved to see a game between them and my 94 team with Jovann Johnson, Caleb, Gilmer, Raymond Lee, Brad Fields, Nookie Bailey, Tylee Henry, OD Williams, Nathan Norman, and Johnathan Wilson. That would be a good game. Anyway... I look forward to seeing a lot of the Big 9 this year with the limited time I have this year. GOOD Luck to all teams!!!! GOD Bless!!!!

It was good to see you at the Elizabethton AAU tourney CAP1. That team had all the makings of a great team from this area. How did you guys fair this summer? I would have loved to see a game between them and my 94 team with Jovann Johnson, Caleb, Gilmer, Raymond Lee, Brad Fields, Nookie Bailey, Tylee Henry, OD Williams, Nathan Norman, and Johnathan Wilson. That would be a good game. Anyway... I look forward to seeing a lot of the Big 9 this year with the limited time I have this year. GOOD Luck to all teams!!!! GOD Bless!!!!

Stokomo, YOU should know better than to compare your team with that bunch. They wouldn't come within 50. I still remember seeing you all play.