big 9 basketball

unc1

Dobyns Bennett roared out to a 15-0 first quarter lead, only to let Volunteer back into the game by halftime. The Indians regrouped and push the lead back out to twenty in the third quarter, but again allowed Volunteer to claw their way back into the game, cutting the lead down to five at one point. Again, however, the Tribe pushed the lead back out to fifteen and won the game by that margin, 66-51. Coach Morgan mentioned in his post game interview that everyone got to play, including the entire bench. He also mentioned that the happenings in the game would be a valuable lesson learned for his senior led team. I hope the Indians get it corrected before the Greene Devils visit Buck Van Huss this Saturday. I trust they will.

12/5 vs. David Crockett

12/6 vs. Greeneville

1/17 @ Greeneville

1/20 @ David Crockett

Roll Tribe.

I'm glad to see that Volunteer was competitive tonight from the post. Anyone else have a take on the game. Congrats to DB & Science Hill for wins tonight. Any other game finals? GOD BLESS!!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our takes on the game our really similar (see: my post on the central science hill thread). Glad to see we're on the same page /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You are correct about that, we are basically on the same page. You can tell we are a third party opinion. Where did you sit? I was sitting with my girlfriend in my work clothes (i.e. polo shirt tucked into the khakis with my patented Sperry shoes) sitting on the Science Hill side, second section of the white seats, closest to the entrance, behind a group of four.

I'm glad to see that Volunteer was competitive tonight from the post. Anyone else have a take on the game. Congrats to DB & Science Hill for wins tonight. Any other game finals? GOD BLESS!!!!

Still waiting on the Daniel Boone @ Sullivan East final. David Crockett's CoachT schedule has them beating Elizabethton tonight, 50-47.

You are correct about that, we are basically on the same page. You can tell we are a third party opinion. Where did you sit? I was sitting with my girlfriend in my work clothes (i.e. polo shirt tucked into the khakis with my patented Sperry shoes) sitting on the Science Hill side, second section of the white seats, closest to the entrance, behind a group of four.

Nothing says basketball like a good pair of sperry's! I was on the Science Hill side, kind of in the middle of the entrance and the other side of the gym. Taking in a game at mid court is my forte, if you will, I like the balanced vantage point. When I'm on the corners I feel like those bad camera angles you see ESPN try to force on us. I always feel like I'm missing something over there. I was pretty nondescipt tonight, jeans and jacket, aside from my pattened Vols hat /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WJHL News Channell 11 reports Sullivan East defeating Daniel Boone 56-44.

Tonight's Big 9 Conference Scoreboard:

(brought to you by tricitiessportsfan)

Dobyns Bennett 66, Volunteer 51

Science Hill 64, Sullivan Central 39

Sullivan East 56, Daniel Boone 44

David Crockett 50, Elizabethton 47

tricitiessportsfan Pick'em record: 2-1

Big 9 Conference Schedule - Wednesday, December 3

Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

David Crockett @ Sullivan Central

Nothing says basketball like a good pair of sperry's! I was on the Science Hill side, kind of in the middle of the entrance and the other side of the gym. Taking in a game at mid court is my forte, if you will, I like the balanced vantage point. When I'm on the corners I feel like those bad camera angles you see ESPN try to force on us. I always feel like I'm missing something over there. I was pretty nondescipt tonight, jeans and jacket, aside from my pattened Vols hat /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of the Dickie Warren Dome. I really feel that a new hardwood/floor/court (that isn't the interlocking jenga piece design, but the regular wooden strips with lines that aren??™t light blue or impossible to see) and a little more lighting would make the place a lot nicer. I'm also thankful to see that Science Hill will be playing its home games against Tennessee High and Dobyns Bennett at Freedom Hall rather than their own gym. That place is a heat box and a fire hazard.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of the Dickie Warren Dome. I really feel that a new hardwood/floor/court (that isn't the interlocking jenga piece design, but the regular wooden strips with lines that aren??™t light blue or impossible to see) and a little more lighting would make the place a lot nicer. I'm also thankful to see that Science Hill will be playing its home games against Tennessee High and Dobyns Bennett at Freedom Hall rather than their own gym. That place is a heat box and a fire hazard.

Wow, nice upgrade to Freedom Hall. I can't believe they'd give up homecourt advantage in that crackerbox inferno! Wish they would let the county boys play in there. any prediction on Tn Hi-South tcsf?

Haha yeah I hated going to Science Hill. I've been to a few games at the DWD and I don't mind it too badly. It's really an upgrade from the East plays in. The lighting in there is like green or something. I'll play the obvious card, and say DB is my favorite place to watch a game around here. I think one tends to get a little spoiled watching most of his basketball at DB and then having to go to these other gyms. On the other hand, Central does pack everything in pretty close, which makes you feel more involved. The BVH Dome is so cavernous, I feel more like I'm watching the game from really far away. But at the end of the day, if you're going to watch basketball, you gotta do it at BVHuss

Wow, nice upgrade to Freedom Hall. I can't believe they'd give up homecourt advantage in that crackerbox inferno! Wish they would let the county boys play in there. any prediction on Tn Hi-South tcsf?

tricitiessportsfan Picks:

Tennessee High over Sullivan South

I like the zone defense and scoring abilities of Corey Young, Taylor Harmon, Mason Canty, and Denzel Gilmore over Bailey and the boys.

Sullivan Central over David Crockett

I look for the Cougars to right the ship against a lesser opponent, Roberts will get back on track and Devault will get more feeds in the post. Vannoy may also find his sea legs against the Pioneers, a team he will be able to use his dribble drive abilities against. Also look for Mickey Brown to contribute more against the Pioneers.

Haha yeah I hated going to Science Hill. I've been to a few games at the DWD and I don't mind it too badly. It's really an upgrade from the East plays in. The lighting in there is like green or something. I'll play the obvious card, and say DB is my favorite place to watch a game around here. I think one tends to get a little spoiled watching most of his basketball at DB and then having to go to these other gyms. On the other hand, Central does pack everything in pretty close, which makes you feel more involved. The BVH Dome is so cavernous, I feel more like I'm watching the game from really far away. But at the end of the day, if you're going to watch basketball, you gotta do it at BVHuss

Yes sir, I am spoiled to say the least. When it comes to facilities, Buck Van Huss is top notch, but somewhat impersonal. The floor area is more spacious, thus allowing for the bleachers to not come right up to the out of bounds lines like at Sullivan Central and Sullivan East. IMO, I would personally rank facilites in the Big 9 in the following order:

1. Tennessee High

2. Science Hill - Freedom Hall (when they play there)

3. Dobyns Bennett

4. Daniel Boone (wait until you see the renovations, wonderful to say the least)

5. Sullivan South

6. Volunteer

7. Sullivan Central

8. David Crockett

9. Science Hill - Matchbox (where they usually play)

10. Sullivan East

Yes sir, I am spoiled to say the least. When it comes to facilities, Buck Van Huss is top notch, but somewhat impersonal. The floor area is more spacious, thus allowing for the bleachers to not come right up to the out of bounds lines like at Sullivan Central and Sullivan East. IMO, I would personally rank facilites in the Big 9 in the following order:

1. Tennessee High

2. Science Hill - Freedom Hall (when they play there)

3. Dobyns Bennett

4. Daniel Boone (wait until you see the renovations, wonderful to say the least)

5. Sullivan South

6. Volunteer

7. Sullivan Central

8. David Crockett

9. Science Hill - Matchbox (where they usually play)

10. Sullivan East

For my own personal preference, I put TN High 2nd. It's huge, but that stage has always seemed tacky. Plus BVH is a sleeker, no doubt because it's newer. Good list though, and I can't complain when you have East last.