Sectional Qualifiers:

1st Place: Mary Hughes

2nd Place: Rogersville City

3rd Place: Holston

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stokomo, you've got mail. Also, why does it seem Volunteer can't get over the proverbial hump? They've been in quite a few close games this year.

There are really no consistent players like a few years ago. Bennett is the only one with any experience from last year. The others are feeling their way through this season. Even without Bennett next year, they should be a lot better than this year. It's unfortunate for Bennett, but that's how life is sometimes. I've watched Bennett since he was in the 7th grade going to camps with us. SENIORS!!!! Time flies and in a week and 1/2 it will be down to win-or-go-home situation. ENJOY & GOD Bless..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

This just in, the Tuesday, February 10 match up between Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill has been moved from Freedom Hall back to the 'Topper Palace. Ladies and gentleman, get there early and bring a change of clothes, seats will be at a premium and you will sweat off a few pounds during this one, and not just because of the play in the game!

This just in, the Tuesday, February 10 match up between Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill has been moved from Freedom Hall back to the 'Topper Palace. Ladies and gentleman, get there early and bring a change of clothes, seats will be at a premium and you will sweat off a few pounds during this one, and not just because of the play in the game!

Wow,probably no big surprise here. I thought they were making a big mistake scheduling those games at FH and giving up that home court advantage in Topper palace. I guess the Toppers are getting a little nervous about the title game. Roll Tribe!

There are really no consistent players like a few years ago. Bennett is the only one with any experience from last year. The others are feeling their way through this season. Even without Bennett next year, they should be a lot better than this year. It's unfortunate for Bennett, but that's how life is sometimes. I've watched Bennett since he was in the 7th grade going to camps with us. SENIORS!!!! Time flies and in a week and 1/2 it will be down to win-or-go-home situation. ENJOY & GOD Bless..... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Sorry Stokomo I have to clearly disagree with you for the first time this year. The reason Bennett had the experience is because Coach Whitt had just a 2 man team last year. The plays were set up to go exclusively to Cradic & Bennett in almost every situation. We sure havent won many games this year but its been GREAT to see Team Playing this year! I wish it could of been implemented in previous years so these kids could of been more prepared this year. I see it looking no better next season with 5 seniors graduating this year and again not much "experience" coming up from JV. Congrats to Aaron for his 1000 pts last night. He is a great kid and we have enjoyed watching him play these last 4 years.

Since the last meeting between Dobyns-Bennett and Science Hill, both teams have reeled of 9 wins agains 0 defeats.

The Indians have scored 80 or more points in 5 of the last 6 games. Averaging 77 points in the last 9 games.

Science Hill has scored 80 or more points 3 times since the last meeting with the Tribe, averaging 71 points a game. Most of which were total blow-outs.

DB has a 2 game win streak at the Palace. Anybody able to get Charlie Morgans record against Science Hill since taking over the DB Head Coaching Job? I am sure DB has the upper hand, but it is close.

Roll Tribe Roll

Sorry Stokomo I have to clearly disagree with you for the first time this year. The reason Bennett had the experience is because Coach Whitt had just a 2 man team last year. The plays were set up to go exclusively to Cradic & Bennett in almost every situation. We sure havent won many games this year but its been GREAT to see Team Playing this year! I wish it could of been implemented in previous years so these kids could of been more prepared this year. I see it looking no better next season with 5 seniors graduating this year and again not much "experience" coming up from JV. Congrats to Aaron for his 1000 pts last night. He is a great kid and we have enjoyed watching him play these last 4 years.

My bad... I thought Parker and Pearcy were Jr's. So that leaves Moore and Trent next season. It will be very hard to replace them with inexperienced JV'ers coming up. It's a whole different ballgame from JV to Varsity. Bennett is like a step-son that you actually like andhave watched grow up before your eyes. Congrats for the 1000 point club and hope the best that life can give you with dedication and hard work, as I know you will put forth. GOD Bless.....

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Large Division) @ Pigeon Forge

Saturday February 7

Play-In Games

Ross N. Robinson 43, Northview 34

T.A. Dugger 50, New Center 32

Quarterfinals

Science Hill 67, Union Grove 35

Jefferson 48, Sevierville 41

Monday, February 9

Quarterfinal

7:00 pm, North Loudon vs. Ross N. Robinson

Wednesday, February 11

Quarterfinal

5:00 pm, Robertsville vs. T.A. Dugger

Friday February 13*

Semi-Finals

5:45 pm, North Loudon/Ross N. Robinson Winner vs. Robertsville/T.A. Dugger Winner

8:15 pm, Science Hill vs. Jefferson

Saturday, February 14*

Championship

TBD

* - The game times/schedule for Friday, February 13 and Saturday, February 14 are my best educated guess at this point, based on the partial schedule provided for the Large Division Tournament and the full schedule provided by the Small Division Tournament. Stay tuned for updates.

-----------------------------

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Small Division) @ Sevierville

Saturday February 7

Play-In Games

Holston 44, Boyds Creek 41

Rogersville City 51, Catons Chapel 19

Quarterfinals

Mary Hughes 62, Rockwood 39

Lenoir City 42, Pi Beta Phi 37

Tuesday February 10

Quarterfinals

5:30 pm, Midway vs. Holston

6:45 pm, Petros Joyner vs. Rogersville City

Friday February 13

Semi-Finals

5:45 pm, Midway/Holston Winner vs. Petros Joyner/Rogersville City Winner

8:15 pm, Lenoir City vs. Mary Hughes

Saturday February 14

Championship

TBD

DB has a 2 game win streak at the Palace. Anybody able to get Charlie Morgans record against Science Hill since taking over the DB Head Coaching Job? I am sure DB has the upper hand, but it is close.

I'm not sure when CMO started but I went all the way back to the 01-02 season and DB has the upper hand with a record of 11-8. The last time Science Hill swept the season series against DB was 01-02. DB sept the Hilltoppers last year (4-0). So if you take out last year's sweep, the Hilltoppers would have the edge, but that's why they play the games. This game will be a "barn burner," especially since they switched it to the Palace /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Guess they wanted a chance at the title instead of the money. GOD Bless and look for my STG article Monday evening.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I'm not sure when CMO started but I went all the way back to the 01-02 season and DB has the upper hand with a record of 11-8. The last time Science Hill swept the season series against DB was 01-02. DB sept the Hilltoppers last year (4-0). So if you take out last year's sweep, the Hilltoppers would have the edge, but that's why they play the games. This game will be a "barn burner," especially since they switched it to the Palace /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Guess they wanted a chance at the title instead of the money. GOD Bless and look for my STG article Monday evening.... /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

STG article?

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Large Division) @ Pigeon Forge

Saturday February 7

Play-In Games

Ross N. Robinson 43, Northview 34

T.A. Dugger 50, New Center 32

Quarterfinals

Science Hill 67, Union Grove 35

Jefferson 48, Sevierville 41

Monday, February 9

Quarterfinal

7:00 pm, North Loudon vs. Ross N. Robinson

Wednesday, February 11

Quarterfinal

5:00 pm, Robertsville vs. T.A. Dugger

Friday February 13*

Semi-Finals

5:45 pm, North Loudon/Ross N. Robinson Winner vs. Robertsville/T.A. Dugger Winner

8:15 pm, Science Hill vs. Jefferson

Saturday, February 14*

Championship

TBD

* - The game times/schedule for Friday, February 13 and Saturday, February 14 are my best educated guess at this point, based on the partial schedule provided for the Large Division Tournament and the full schedule provided by the Small Division Tournament. Stay tuned for updates.

-----------------------------

TMSAA State Sectional Tournament (Small Division) @ Sevierville

Saturday February 7

Play-In Games

Holston 44, Boyds Creek 41

Rogersville City 51, Catons Chapel 19

Quarterfinals

Mary Hughes 62, Rockwood 39

Lenoir City 42, Pi Beta Phi 37

Tuesday February 10

Quarterfinals

5:30 pm, Midway vs. Holston

6:45 pm, Petros Joyner vs. Rogersville City

Friday February 13

Semi-Finals

5:45 pm, Midway/Holston Winner vs. Petros Joyner/Rogersville City Winner

8:15 pm, Lenoir City vs. Mary Hughes

Saturday February 14

Championship

TBD

The large division has always been about Area 1 and Robertsville- Oak Ridge in the 6 years I've followed this tourney. Our middle school programs are almost always all 3 in the semi-finals unless meeting Robertsville on the way. Sevier and Colonial Heights have both won it and Science Hill has won it several times now. I think Robinson has a chance to make the semi-finals but it will be Robertsville vs. Science Hill for the title with the Toppers prevailing in their closest game of the year. Thanks for the updates TCSF!