big 9 basketball

unc1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not for anyone else but NET....... How do you know he teaches to play dirty? I AM a coach on the staff, and I will let you know it is NOT taught. What your opinion is is different from what you THINK you know. Whatever your opinion is..... I don't care, but when you say you KNOW, then I must step in. Believe what you want because it is only YOUR OPINION, not fact! There have been instances in the past that have garnered your OPINION to be what it is, BUT these are individual instances and if it were taught, you would have heard a lot more than just the two games against Crockett this year. DB & TN High fans were itching to give a report of dirty play and guess what? None happened. And people were watching closely....... So, in the future, report what you know and say what your opinion is. There's nothing more credit damaging than to give a false report of something you know nothing about. GOD Bless......

AGain, You are too close to see reality. You are the tree in the forest so you can't see the trees. I have sat right behind the bench and heard him tell his players to do whatever it takes, "Take him out." I have heard him shout during a layup, "He better not get the ball out of his hands." That is teaching dirty play. I don't know what you call it, maybe just "Hard" basketball. I have seen him teach one of his better players how to "Legally throw elbows."

Again, you can be on the staff and not see it. I am stating facts not opinions. His actions and words have become real in the facts that have come out on the court. If it was fiction, why would every poster on here but a small few make the same comments. You are looking through Whittemore colored glasses.

All Big 9 Conference games rescheduled for tonight, as mentioned above, have been postponed until tomorrow, Thursday, February 5. With today's postponement, all games that were scheduled for Tuesday, February 3 will now be played on Thursday, February 5.

Thursday's (2/5) Big 9 Conference Schedule

Science Hill @ Tennessee High

Dobyns Bennett @ Sullivan East, 6:30 pm

Volunteer @ Sullivan South

Sullivan Central @ David Crockett

Friday's (2/6) Big 9 Conference Schedule

Science Hill @ David Crockett

Tennessee High @ Sullivan Central

Sullivan South @ Dobyns Bennett

Daniel Boone @ Volunteer

Saturday's (2/7) Big 9 Conference Schedule

Science Hill @ Cherokee

Abingdon, VA @ Sullivan East

Also, I am going to assume that the Area 1 Large Division Tournament @ John Sevier and the Area 1 Small Division Tournament @ Sullivan have been postponed as well.

TCSP $40 bucks? I guess I'm done with that one.

Yea?€¦me too. I tried to start a Thread of discussion on tricitiessports.com going from $0 to $50, but it was quickly pulled by the powers that be?€¦with no explanation of why. I just wonder whose advice he?€™s going on when making these bonehead decisions. Like the Pre Season Magazine that was suppose to be a fund raiser for $15?€¦they had to go in the red on that one. Why not start out charging around $10 the first year?€¦that?€™s better than $0 and it?€™s reasonable enough that I don?€™t think he would have lost anyone. Heck?€¦I don?€™t think a Sports Illustrated subscription is much more than $50, and they have a swimsuit issue! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

AGain, You are too close to see reality. You are the tree in the forest so you can't see the trees. I have sat right behind the bench and heard him tell his players to do whatever it takes, "Take him out." I have heard him shout during a layup, "He better not get the ball out of his hands." That is teaching dirty play. I don't know what you call it, maybe just "Hard" basketball. I have seen him teach one of his better players how to "Legally throw elbows."

Again, you can be on the staff and not see it. I am stating facts not opinions. His actions and words have become real in the facts that have come out on the court. If it was fiction, why would every poster on here but a small few make the same comments. You are looking through Whittemore colored glasses.

You can hide behind this screen name if you want to. I know for a fact you do not know what you are talking about. Your referrence to "Take him out" is crazy. If they played that way, then why would we lead the conference in the most three-point plays the old fashioned way? You would also see it in every game. If you look at any game film, you would see that for the most part our players make weak, foolish fouls that result in "and-ones." And your comment about "he better not get the ball out of his hands" is ridiculous. By the time he would have said that complete sentence while the player was shooting a layup, the play would be over and we would be going the other way. As I stated before, the past of what has happened HAS GARNERED WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT VOLUNTEER. I'm not looking through anyone's glasses. I am telling you what I know and if you feel otherwise, that is your OPINION, BUT!!! It is not taught. Buck VanHuss has told me and every other player he ever coached that "we don't give up and-ones" meaning a three-point play the old way. And he meant that if you are going to foul a player he better not make the basket. Translation......don't make a reaching, weak foul. It's not dirty and if you know anything about coaching, you will know that any player who gives a foul-and-basket made will send every coach into a frenzy. If you will take the time to read my posts, you will see that the ONLY thing I'm saying is...it's not taught. If you need more clarification please call me at 956-8867. I never hide behind a name, and for you to say you sit behind Volunteer's bench is a total lie. You are not a fan and haven't been behind our bench. I took the liberty to read all of your posts on here, and you have all the insight of a Boone fan, unless you are also lying in those other posts. As I said before.....the more false accounts you give, the less credit worthy your posts become. Your credit is about to be revoked. Do some research before you make false accusations and false whereabouts, because you don't sit behind Volunteer's bench. You can't be at all the Boone games and Volunteer's at the same time now can you? GOD Bless.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Cap, my biggest problem with the pre-season football magazine was the way it was set up. Personally, I would have preferred a lay out similar to how the Sporting News puts together there NFL pre-season magazine. What we got was broken up articles with no barriers and no consistency in anything (font, schedules, rosters, etc.). My biggest complaint is that there doesn't seem to be much foresight put into their decisions, no standard on how to do things, especially across sports. It seems the motto, 'full speed ahead', is the mission for tricitiessports.com. I feel the website is a great idea that is not reaching its full potential. Now that they have added a $40+/year cost for anything worth reading, they have made it very difficult for themselves to move forward, IMO.

Yea??¦me too. I tried to start a Thread of discussion on tricitiessports.com going for $0 to $50, but it was quickly pulled by the powers that be??¦with no explanation of why. I just wonder whose advice he??™s going on when making these bonehead decisions. Like the Pre Season Magazine that was suppose to be a fund raiser for $15??¦they had to go in the red on that one. Why not start out charging around $10 the first year??¦that??™s better than $0 and it??™s reasonable enough that I don??™t think he would have lost anyone. Heck??¦I don??™t think a Sports Illustrated subscription is much more than $50, and they have a swimsuit issue! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

yes they do /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I would be willing to pay $10-20 dollars initially, but 40 to 50 /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> On coacht you can keep up with newspaper articles from across the state and banter with coaches, fans and nuts. And for 24 bucks I have even more fun on the open topics boards. I am a coacht man all the way.

Back to BB. How do you see the regular season play out, Cap?

Yea??¦me too. I tried to start a Thread of discussion on tricitiessports.com going for $0 to $50, but it was quickly pulled by the powers that be??¦with no explanation of why. I just wonder whose advice he??™s going on when making these bonehead decisions. Like the Pre Season Magazine that was suppose to be a fund raiser for $15??¦they had to go in the red on that one. Why not start out charging around $10 the first year??¦that??™s better than $0 and it??™s reasonable enough that I don??™t think he would have lost anyone. Heck??¦I don??™t think a Sports Illustrated subscription is much more than $50, and they have a swimsuit issue!

Cap, it just dawned on me. Maybe nows my chance to start something to compete with tricitiessports.com?!

Heck??¦I don??™t think a Sports Illustrated subscription is much more than $50, and they have a swimsuit issue! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

did you pay SI just for the swimsuit edition? /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You can hide behind this screen name if you want to. I know for a fact you do not know what you are talking about. Your referrence to "Take him out" is crazy. If they played that way, then why would we lead the conference in the most three-point plays the old fashioned way? You would also see it in every game. If you look at any game film, you would see that for the most part our players make weak, foolish fouls that result in "and-ones." And your comment about "he better not get the ball out of his hands" is ridiculous. By the time he would have said that complete sentence while the player was shooting a layup, the play would be over and we would be going the other way. As I stated before, the past of what has happened HAS GARNERED WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT VOLUNTEER. I'm not looking through anyone's glasses. I am telling you what I know and if you feel otherwise, that is your OPINION, BUT!!! It is not taught. Buck VanHuss has told me and every other player he ever coached that "we don't give up and-ones" meaning a three-point play the old way. And he meant that if you are going to foul a player he better not make the basket. Translation......don't make a reaching, weak foul. It's not dirty and if you know anything about coaching, you will know that any player who gives a foul-and-basket made will send every coach into a frenzy. If you will take the time to read my posts, you will see that the ONLY thing I'm saying is...it's not taught. If you need more clarification please call me at 956-8867. I never hide behind a name, and for you to say you sit behind Volunteer's bench is a total lie. You are not a fan and haven't been behind our bench. I took the liberty to read all of your posts on here, and you have all the insight of a Boone fan, unless you are also lying in those other posts. As I said before.....the more false accounts you give, the less credit worthy your posts become. Your credit is about to be revoked. Do some research before you make false accusations and false whereabouts, because you don't sit behind Volunteer's bench. You can't be at all the Boone games and Volunteer's at the same time now can you? GOD Bless.... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Now your guessing. If you read my posts, you hear about Crockett and Volunteer games, Boone games, Science Hill, DB, TN high, Central, South, east. Hey Big 9.

I know what I heard. and I would disagree with the almight Van Huss. If you tell a player to make sure they don't get the foul and shot no matter what, then that is teaching dirty play too. If you reward a player for taking the hard foul. I disagree with the way many of the coaches up here coach. That is why they can't win the big ones because they teach the wrong things. Just because you hang around for a long time and win a lot of games does not make you a great coach. Can you win the big ones?

I guess we will just have to disagree with what is dirty play. You believe your opinion and I will believe my facts. Volunteer's record speaks for itself. Every year your staff and players are in the middle of controversy, but it is not being taught. It is definitely not being reprimanded.

Time to move on until the next incident. See you at the games.