big 9 basketball

unc1

Too bad you can't play a first round football playoff game there then! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Couldn't help yourself could you Volman? My apologies, by the way, for not being forthright with the scores and updates over the past few days, I've been holed up at the house with strep throat. Working at an incubator, aka a school, has its downsides.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, we saw it happen again. DB dominated from start to finish. The Vikings were never in the game and they cannot match up with this Indians team.

And Cap, your wrong about then next DB vs SH Game... the Indians will dominate that one in Freedom Hall. Why would the Toppers give up their Home Court advantage to play in the Indians home away from home? Money? Thanks Toppers, Kingsport always wins in Freedom Hall.

Roll Tribe Roll

Art I can't disagree with you... the Vikings just simply can't match up with this years Indians. I knew this from the start but I had to keep my game face on. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> DB has to many solid basketball players. Tonight they couldn't miss. McConnell had laser sights on /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ...I seriously think he shot 80% from the field and 85% from the ark. For the life of me I can't see how Central beat you guys. I was telling Ashlons Dad that I can't see a way for the Vikings to beat DB unless we are shooting like they were tonight. And that obviously wasn't the case tonight. As far as the Science Hill game goes I think the shoe is on the other foot when it comes to matching up because you guy insist on trying to run with them...and I think that's a mistake. With easily the best half court offense in this region..featuring two pure shooters, a very quick slasher at PG, a straight up one on one scoring machine, and a physically dominating post player; you are foolish to play into the fast pace transitional game that The Hill is and has always been famous for. DB will have trouble matching up with both Chris Smith and Josh. Unfortunately both know Ashlon very well and have no respect for his defensive skills...or should I say effort. That leaves Sylvester and he is only one man. Larry Smith negates Jordan. It will be a great game that I do not plan to miss this time. Well played game by the Indians tonight and at times I think they even got a little bored in the second half.

Well...I have to say that the shine was fun while it lasted /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> , and it lasted longer than I expected...so I must say that I'm still very happy with how the season is going so far for the Vikings. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Any comments on the double overtime thriller in Jonesborough last night, Sullivan East over David Crockett? unc1? DavidCrockettFan?

I didn't make the game last night. However, there has to be a little bit of hope coming out of Jonesborough after last night's performance. Most of the games this season have been blow-outs. This week the guys have been in both games. Last night, even in the loss, Zach Garland, a 6-11 soph. post player, put up 35 points. The team is young. I know they played without 3 of their key players (one senior, one soph. and one freshman) due to the Volunteer game. If a few of these kids can develop, Crockett might have a decent record next season and a really good one 2 years down the road. I know a lot can happen in that time but the future is bright at DC.

I will try and get the details this weekend if they are not provided on here by then.

Yes but at least we didn't lose to a school with 2A enrollment. LOL

Maybe I'm wrong (I never remember being so before) but I think we lost to a team with 4A enrollment. And, give me a break, I was trying to be helpful. Art said Kingsport doesn't lose in Freedom Hall, so I was trying to be creative and get you boys over the hump!

Maybe I'm wrong (I never remember being so before) but I think we lost to a team with 4A enrollment. And, give me a break, I was trying to be helpful. Art said Kingsport doesn't lose in Freedom Hall, so I was trying to be creative and get you boys over the hump!

You should direct more of your energy towards your own Sullivan South program. A program that to my knowledge has never defeated a team in the playoffs outside of the upper East Tennessee area. Besides, isn't it about the time of year that you South fans start crowing about how bad your going to take it to DB in football.

44 - 0

I didn't make the game last night. However, there has to be a little bit of hope coming out of Jonesborough after last night's performance. Most of the games this season have been blow-outs. This week the guys have been in both games. Last night, even in the loss, Zach Garland, a 6-11 soph. post player, put up 35 points. The team is young. I know they played without 3 of their key players (one senior, one soph. and one freshman) due to the Volunteer game. If a few of these kids can develop, Crockett might have a decent record next season and a really good one 2 years down the road. I know a lot can happen in that time but the future is bright at DC.

I will try and get the details this weekend if they are not provided on here by then.

i have a few details of fridays game. it was almost like last friday. rough game refs tried to keep it under control (but couldn't) zach had a great game concidering he had 1 technical during the game and was ejected in overtime for throwing a punch at one of east players. so if the young talent your talking about takes these actions they could end up with a name like others in the big 9. east was lucky to come out of jonesboro with a win friday night, but like i have said anything can happen this year in the big 9. shaping up to be a interesting district tourn.

You should direct more of your energy towards your own Sullivan South program. A program that to my knowledge has never defeated a team in the playoffs outside of the upper East Tennessee area. Besides, isn't it about the time of year that you South fans start crowing about how bad your going to take it to DB in football.

44 - 0

That statement in itself makes everything you just said null and void! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> And, by the way, we did beat Knox Powell one year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Oh, and one other thing, you keep forgetting, we hold two MYTHICAL wins over D-B the last two years, 45-0 and 46-0! You guys do understand MYTHICAL stuff right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

i have a few details of fridays game. it was almost like last friday. rough game refs tried to keep it under control (but couldn't) zach had a great game concidering he had 1 technical during the game and was ejected in overtime for throwing a punch at one of east players. so if the young talent your talking about takes these actions they could end up with a name like others in the big 9. east was lucky to come out of jonesboro with a win friday night, but like i have said anything can happen this year in the big 9. shaping up to be a interesting district tourn.

I've got the broom if you've got the rug CAP..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="