big 9 basketball

unc1

/biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Somehow I knew you wouldn't let that one slide by! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

But he is 100% THE MAN!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle 8 Conference Tournament

John Sevier Middle School - Kingsport, TN

Saturday, January 24

G1: #1 Science Hill 67, #8 Unicoi Co. 12

G2: #4 Ross N. Robinson 53, #5 John Sevier 50

G3: #3 Colonial Heights 39, #6 Church Hill 30

G4: #2 T.A. Dugger 28, #7 Vance 27

Tuesday, January 27

G5: #1 Science Hill 63, #4 Ross N. Robinson 24

G6: #2 T.A. Dugger 55, #3 Colonial Heights 39

Thursday, January 29

G7: 6:00 pm ??“ Championship: #1 Science Hill vs. #2 T.A. Dugger

Sullivan County League Tournament

Sullivan East High School ??“ Bluff City, TN

Saturday, January 24

G1: Mary Hughes over Sullivan

G2: Holston over Rogersville

G3: Sullivan North over Holston Valley

G4: Bluff City over Blountville

Monday, January 26

G5: Sullivan North over Holston

G6: Mary Hughes over Bluff City

Tuesday, January 27

G7: 7:45 pm ??“ Championship: Sullivan North vs. Mary Hughes

I'm very surprised on the TN High/Volunteer score, especially with Volunteer having so many players sitting out. What happened to TN High? Were they looking ahead to Friday nights game vs DB?

Have you not watched TN High in the past ten years? Cap1 is this your fast paced offense you have been trying to teach in AAU?

32 points in an overtime game, ladies and gentlemen, your Big 9 leader!

I'm very surprised on the TN High/Volunteer score, especially with Volunteer having so many players sitting out. What happened to TN High? Were they looking ahead to Friday nights game vs DB?

Noone was looking ahead. This just in........Charlie Bayless filled in for Coach Whitt and had a wonderful game-plan. A made layup, after an inbound steal, with under one minute to go would have helped the Falcons potentially win instead of going into overtime. I believe both teams added together didn't score 15 points in the fourth quarter and overtime combined. TN High got the W and that's what counts, but they must get some issues straightened out because they don't look like the team that beat Science Hill earlier in the season. The chemistry wasn't there tonight and at times seemed like they weren't focused. Anyway....congrats and GOD Bless!!!!

TRI.....was the game with DB as close as the score shows? Any concerns there going into the showdown Friday night?

Once again Coach W almost lived up to his reputation of "WIN by any means necessary"...only this time he used brains instead of brawn! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I can't take anything away from the Falcons tonight...I was actually a little moved by their effort... players and Coach. They played a classic game of hot-potato tonight and it worked. Completely caught Coach Whitcher off guard...he had no answer for it until the fourth quarter when he gave them a dose of their own medicine. Volunteer ran around at the top of the key passing the ball back and forth for minutes at a time. Coach Whitcher had no clue what to do so he had his players running around like morons chasing the Falcons around. Volunteer continued to do this for minutes at a time until one of the Viking players either made a mistake on coverage or simple got bored and let down his guard. This tactic worked ALL NIGH LONG until Whitcher finally decided to do the same thing to them with the Vikings up only 2 points in the 4th and barely excepted into OT. I doubt if Volunteer made more than 2 shots outside the paint tonight. On the other end of the court the Vikings couldn't hit Boone Lake in July with a baseball tonight!! They shot several AIR BALLS and missed several point blank put-backs throughout the night. I wouldn't say they were looking past the Falcons but they obviously didn't take the crippled crew serious. Coach Whitmore (and YES Stoke it was Coach W, so you need to SHOOT your source because he just put egg on your face) had a Great game plan and short of a couple lay-ups late in the game, the Falcon Five almost pulled it off. He never subbed the entire game!!!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> Once again...hats off to Coach W and the Falcon Five tonight on a gallant effort! Someone should post the names of the "Falcon Five" because they deserve the recognition!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Someone should post the names of the "Falcon Five" because they deserve the recognition!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The Honky Tonk Man sez "Read the Times News and you will get their names!" "And Numbers when they get dressed out for the Hawkinz County Penal League!"

The Honky Tonk Man sez Thanks for the setup Cap..that is funny no matter what anybody sez!!

The Honky Tonk Man sez Thanks for the setup Cap..that is funny no matter what anybody sez!!

It's only funny when you talk about ADULTS, not kids playing a game they love. Adult-to-Adult, then it is ok, but for an adult to belittle kids...well anybody can tell you what kind of person does that, and that is true "no matter what anybody sez!!" And CAP... I thought you would love the Bayless referral, although I see you actually gave a compliment. Venus and Jupiter must be near the moon again. It looks like a showdown for first place Friday night. Maybe Whitcher can watch the game film and try to slow down DB Friday night. It will be a good one to watch. I really miss these games.....GOD Bless!!!!!

Have you not watched TN High in the past ten years? Cap1 is this your fast paced offense you have been trying to teach in AAU?

32 points in an overtime game, ladies and gentlemen, your Big 9 leader!

And this morning we have people talking about how brilliant Whittmore was in this game. Because he almost won the game. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You used to see these slow down games years ago but rarely do you see them these days. Most coaches have figured out that it only makes the game close but still doesn't give you a "W". I always thought coaches tried it because they knew they didn't have a chance outplaying or outcoaching the other team.