big 9 basketball

unc1

It's only funny when you talk about ADULTS, not kids playing a game they love. Adult-to-Adult, then it is ok, but for an adult to belittle kids...well anybody can tell you what kind of person does that, and that is true "no matter what anybody sez!!" And CAP... I thought you would love the Bayless referral, although I see you actually gave a compliment. Venus and Jupiter must be near the moon again. It looks like a showdown for first place Friday night. Maybe Whitcher can watch the game film and try to slow down DB Friday night. It will be a good one to watch. I really miss these games.....GOD Bless!!!!!

Well I thought it was kinda funny and I know what kind of person I am. If you are going to play that way expect it. If you are a varsity level player playing in the big 9 then you better be prepared to be responsible for your actions. Heck it is criminal the way they play at times.

Wanna hear some serious comments about the events that happened with the Falcons. Start with the Vikings game Tuesday night. Cap says great coaching, I say typical Volunteer style. Win at any cost. Can't play with them then create a game plan that will get inside their head. That is status quo from age 6 and up in any given sport in the Church Hill . Been there seen it. Same deal as what happened at Crockett last week. Same deal as at DB time and time again .

Want to rave about this then you really should be calling am 640 in the mornings and getting on Kenny Hawkins about wjhl showing the clips over and over all weekend That is shamless promotion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very surprised on the TN High/Volunteer score, especially with Volunteer having so many players sitting out. What happened to TN High? Were they looking ahead to Friday nights game vs DB?

It was a good game by both teams. Both times we have played TH they were close. Can't understand why people can't go away with the feeling it was a good game. Kids played hard. But people with no life (Cap, Plowboy,Wacojaco) have to run home get on here and trash Volunteer. Guys get a LIFE. What if these were your boys that were getting trashed? Good job to both teams!

It was a good game by both teams. Both times we have played TH they were close. Can't understand why people can't go away with the feeling it was a good game. Kids played hard. But people with no life (Cap, Plowboy,Wacojaco) have to run home get on here and trash Volunteer. Guys get a LIFE. What if these were your boys that were getting trashed? Good job to both teams!

yO hAySeEd............My boys wouldn't be playing for Volunteer. Get a LIFE /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

TRI.....was the game with DB as close as the score shows? Any concerns there going into the showdown Friday night?

From what I understood from the radio broadcast, Dobyns Bennett played flat most of the game, scoring in spurts. It helped Cherokee didn't want to play defense, but it also seemed we played lackadaisical on defense, sending Cherokee to the charity stripe a significant amount of times. I honestly wouldn??™t take too much from it. The Indians had the game well in hand for most of the game. I think in the kids minds it came down to, ??

Area 1 Tournament (Large Division)

John Sevier Middle School - Kingsport, TN

Friday, January 30

Play-In Game

4:00 pm ??“ #4 Ross N. Robinson (12-9) vs. #5 Colonial Heights (9-8)

Saturday, January 31

Semi-Finals

11:15 am - #1 Science Hill (19-0) vs. RNR/CH Winner

1:45 pm - #2 Sullivan North (14-5) vs. #3 T.A. Dugger (13-7)

Tuesday, February 3

Consolation, 4:30 pm ??“ Loser Semi-Final 1 vs. Loser Semi-Final 2

Championship, 6:00 pm ??“ Winner Semi-Final 2 vs. Winner Semi-Final 2

-----------------------------

Qualifying and seeding for the Area 1 Tournament is determined by overall record, not regular season conference or conference tournament finish.

Championship game qualifiers will automatically qualify for the Sectional Tournament in Pigeon Forge.

Winner of the Consolation game will also qualify for Sectional Tournament in Pigeon Forge.

Losers in the Play-In and Consolation games seasons are over.

Sectional Tournament to be held in Pigeon Forge at Pigeon Forge Middle School, February 7-14.

Admissions is $5 for adults, $2 for students, no passes will be accepted.

I think CH was the #3 seed weren't they? How did North get into the large school division? Seems odd. I guess Mary Hughes is small division right? I heard they had a really good team. Of course I think SH will win it. I like TA Dugger to finish second and RNR to qualify for the 3rd spot.

Side note........although the Toppers are head and shoulders above everyone in this area, I think D-B freshmen will be okay next year when you combine RNR's size with Sevier's guard play. They'll still be light years behind the Toppers, but second ain't bad! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Have you not watched TN High in the past ten years? Cap1 is this your fast paced offense you have been trying to teach in AAU?

32 points in an overtime game, ladies and gentlemen, your Big 9 leader!

No we usually wait and pull the high octane out on Central. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But if you really want to see the fruits of the efforts of the N.E.T Hoopsters AAU program all you have to do is pick up the paper on any given Wednesday or Saturday morning after the games and see what names made the HEADLINES (Jordan Edwards, Ashlon Adams, Justin Sylvester. Josh Odem, Corey Young, Chris Smith, Tre Webb, Adam Denison etc??¦). And I could go on if you like. But don??™t take my word for it??¦just ask your own Mickey Brown. He is a former Hoopster also??¦bet you didn??™t know that. But you had to recognize he had that extra umph that none of the other Cougars seemed to have no matter how talented they are. It??™s called EXPERIENCE outside these hills here in Northeast Tennessee. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I will however agree with one statement in your post??¦WE ARE NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

For now. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Trisports I've come to the conclusion that if you're not Ron...he definitely needs to give you a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After you get through there is nothing left to report but the fluff!! Thanks a bunch for what you do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Trisports I've come to the conclusion that if you're not Ron...he definitely needs to give you a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After you get through there is nothing left to report but the fluff!! Thanks a bunch for what you do. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yep Cap, and we'll need him more than ever come next week when Ron starts charging for his site. Wonder how that will go over? I enjoy the site, but I'm not sure it's worth $50/year.

I think CH was the #3 seed weren't they? How did North get into the large school division? Seems odd. I guess Mary Hughes is small division right? I heard they had a really good team. Of course I think SH will win it. I like TA Dugger to finish second and RNR to qualify for the 3rd spot.

Side note........although the Toppers are head and shoulders above everyone in this area, I think D-B freshmen will be okay next year when you combine RNR's size with Sevier's guard play. They'll still be light years behind the Toppers, but second ain't bad! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Colonial Heights was the #3 seed in the Middle 8 Conference Tournament. Combined with other Area 1 Large Division teams, after first round tournament eliminations, they are the overall #5 seed based on overall record. Sullivan North, I believe, is included in the Large Division because they are part of the high school. It's reported there are around 200 students in the 8th grade at Sullivan North, so as you can see they are at an obvious disadvantage. Mary Hughes does seem to have a good team this year, they won both the regular season conference and conference tournament titles. I believe the Area 1 Small Division Tournament will be held at Sullivan Middle School in Sullivan Gardens this weekend, but information for it is hard to fine. Mary Hughes will play on Friday, but I am unsure of the opponent. I am unsure of what number the TMSAA uses to draw the line between Large and Small Division schools. Below I have provided links to both the East Tennessee TMSAA Members list of schools, and also a link to the Area 1 Large Division Tournament information.

East Tennessee TMSAA Members

East Tennessee TMSAA Area 1 Boys Basketball Tournament

Thanks for the compliments. It's seems to have turned into my hobby. Some call it odd, but I think it beats the alternative. I've thought about trying to pursue sports writing, but don't really have the 'in' factor needed to get an opportunity. Thanks again.

From what I understood from the radio broadcast, Dobyns Bennett played flat most of the game, scoring in spurts. It helped Cherokee didn't want to play defense, but it also seemed we played lackadaisical on defense, sending Cherokee to the charity stripe a significant amount of times. I honestly wouldn??™t take too much from it. The Indians had the game well in hand for most of the game. I think in the kids minds it came down to, ??

That's what worries me about this DB team (trying to decide whether to play hard or coast). Now is the time to turn all all burners and focus for 32 minutes. They have the Vikes, East, South, DA HILL, and Boone left. If they try to decide what they want to do and have a lapse with the Vikes or DA HILL, then it might cost them. I only say this because in the 90's you had Nookie, Jovann, Shane Brad, & OD (DA HILL) & Jinko, Ryan, Shane, Ricky, & JaMichael (DB). These teams NEVER took a game for granted or time off during a game. It was almost frightening the way they would embarass you if did not stay focused. They took no prisoners and would absolutely CRUSH every aspect of the game. It was also great to see them go against each other. Friday night will either see a close, well thought out game by Witcher and the Vike, or a focused and calculating strike of CMO and the Tribe. DB has all the weapons to walk away from this game with a "W". Can they stay focused for the full 32? GOD Bless.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

That's what worries me about this DB team (trying to decide whether to play hard or coast). Now is the time to turn all all burners and focus for 32 minutes. They have the Vikes, East, South, DA HILL, and Boone left. If they try to decide what they want to do and have a lapse with the Vikes or DA HILL, then it might cost them. I only say this because in the 90's you had Nookie, Jovann, Shane Brad, & OD (DA HILL) & Jinko, Ryan, Shane, Ricky, & JaMichael (DB). These teams NEVER took a game for granted or time off during a game. It was almost frightening the way they would embarass you if did not stay focused. They took no prisoners and would absolutely CRUSH every aspect of the game. It was also great to see them go against each other. Friday night will either see a close, well thought out game by Witcher and the Vike, or a focused and calculating strike of CMO and the Tribe. DB has all the weapons to walk away from this game with a "W". Can they stay focused for the full 32? GOD Bless.... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are 100% correct Stokomo. The team you speak of from the 90's I think was the best "team" ever at DB, and probably was the best team in the state that year. But as we know DB can never close the deal. Never has and never will.

This current team hasn't been able to stay focused for a whole game much less two games in a row. At times they play good enough to beat anybody in the state and other times they could lose to anybody in the state. I don't see them geting past the Region and maybe not even getting out of the Big 9 tourney.