big 9 basketball

unc1

I've got the broom if you've got the rug CAP..... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I had to think for a second...but I get it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> IMO this is another reflection of the program and the coach that these kids play for. The TSSAA does their part with the two game suspension, but if these kids know that there will be consequences handed down by the coach and the administration for irresponsible actions on or off the court, they will think twice before they act out. Crocket is no exception. This still doesn't excuse any actions of any of the players in the Crocket Volunteer game. It also shows negligence on behalf of the officials that allow things to get to that point on the court. Sorry Stoke...but I make no apologies.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to think for a second...but I get it. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> IMO this is another reflection of the program and the coach that these kids play for. The TSSAA does their part with the two game suspension, but if these kids know that there will be consequences handed down by the coach and the administration for irresponsible actions on or off the court, they will think twice before they act out. Crocket is no exception. This still doesn't excuse any actions of any of the players in the Crocket Volunteer game. It also shows negligence on behalf of the officials that allow things to get to that point on the court. Sorry Stoke...but I make no apologies.

CAP...never wanted an apology, just equality. As I stated in my previous posts, I never make excuses for anyone. I only point out when it is necessary to correct the errors. I have played, coached, watched, and taught East TN basketball for most of my life, except for the short Jenkins KY stint. There is a major difference when someone claims something is taught, and that is what my defense has been all about. I have been around the Volunteer program for six years, and what people claim on here is not true. Skunk and some others on here know that I would never condone teaching immoral acts by a coach to their players, let alone off the court actions. The past is the past and opinions form out of those actions from the past.

Moving along to future court action.....will you be coaching this year? Sylvester? Anyone gonna take these good players outside these hills and let them experience better competition? Also, how did you guys do last year? We met last summer but I bet you don't remember where CAP....

That statement in itself makes everything you just said null and void! /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> And, by the way, we did beat Knox Powell one year. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Oh, and one other thing, you keep forgetting, we hold two MYTHICAL wins over D-B the last two years, 45-0 and 46-0! You guys do understand MYTHICAL stuff right? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

As usual, your post makes no sense. But you did get me on that one point, you guys actually did beat one team "WOW". was that a forfit? I do know what MYTHICAL is. Its what the NCAA uses to name the National Champion every year. South beating DB in football would be a "dream" not "Mythical". /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i have a few details of fridays game. it was almost like last friday. rough game refs tried to keep it under control (but couldn't) zach had a great game concidering he had 1 technical during the game and was ejected in overtime for throwing a punch at one of east players. so if the young talent your talking about takes these actions they could end up with a name like others in the big 9. east was lucky to come out of jonesboro with a win friday night, but like i have said anything can happen this year in the big 9. shaping up to be a interesting district tourn.

I will jump in here Volunteer fans. The Pioneers are becoming just as bad. They are building a reputation that we are getting cheated. We get no calls. Their coach is a joke and should be gone for bad coaching not just the things he is teaching. Word on the "country road, can't be street when talking about Crockett" is that he is telling them, especially Zach not to get pushed around. I have noticed several games this year that Zach is pushing pretty bad in the paint because he is just not athletic enough to compete straight up.

I did hear that after the game last Friday, he was sitting down with Whittemore and taking notes as Big W was sharing his wisdom with him.

CAP...never wanted an apology, just equality. As I stated in my previous posts, I never make excuses for anyone. I only point out when it is necessary to correct the errors. I have played, coached, watched, and taught East TN basketball for most of my life, except for the short Jenkins KY stint. There is a major difference when someone claims something is taught, and that is what my defense has been all about. I have been around the Volunteer program for six years, and what people claim on here is not true. Skunk and some others on here know that I would never condone teaching immoral acts by a coach to their players, let alone off the court actions. The past is the past and opinions form out of those actions from the past.

Moving along to future court action.....will you be coaching this year? Sylvester? Anyone gonna take these good players outside these hills and let them experience better competition? Also, how did you guys do last year? We met last summer but I bet you don't remember where CAP....

Vacation for my family has been at some tournament somewhere for the past 3 or 4 years. So I was going to try and take a year or so off. That is until my wife mentioned that we should start over with a new group this year and take them through like we did with this group of seniors. The fact is that these kids have been a part of our family for several years now and she is going to miss it as I will. I do know that the Hoopsters will field a 17U boys team this year and I??™m pretty sure Mr. Sylvester will be helping out. I will help logistically but not with the coaching side. I have to say that after hearing Volman speaks of this middle school group it is tempting. I tell you what??¦I??™ll get it together and organize it if you COACH.

By the way I do remember meeting you at SM this summer. I also got the scoop on you and your family legacy from several different angels??¦and one can??™t help but be impressed.

Vacation for my family has been at some tournament somewhere for the past 3 or 4 years. So I was going to try and take a year or so off. That is until my wife mentioned that we should start over with a new group this year and take them through like we did with this group of seniors. The fact is that these kids have been a part of our family for several years now and she is going to miss it as I will. I do know that the Hoopsters will field a 17U boys team this year and I??™m pretty sure Mr. Sylvester will be helping out. I will help logistically but not with the coaching side. I have to say that after hearing Volman speaks of this middle school group it is tempting. I tell you what??¦I??™ll get it together and organize it if you COACH.

By the way I do remember meeting you at SM this summer. I also got the scoop on you and your family legacy from several different angels??¦and one can??™t help but be impressed.

I would really like to know who to contact about this AAU team. I know of at least 2 young men that would love to play. Are there tryouts or are these kids handpicked. I would really love a reply. Thanks

Thank you for the kind words. For many years as you stated, my family vacations were during AAU travels, but we got to go to my wife's hometown of Detroit for two nationals and Memphis more than I cared to go but great BBQ events. I took this year off from Volunteer because work demands too much of my time and getting back into coaching AAU is something I thought about but this year might not be a possibility. Is SM in Elizabethton, well closer to Unaka. That is where I met you. My BOOM kids (Jamison and Larry) played on that squad, great kids. Anyway.....go Big nine and can't wait til District Time. Hopefully I will get to make some of the games at the Dome!!! GOD Bless!!!!!

I will jump in here Volunteer fans. The Pioneers are becoming just as bad. They are building a reputation that we are getting cheated. We get no calls. Their coach is a joke and should be gone for bad coaching not just the things he is teaching. Word on the "country road, can't be street when talking about Crockett" is that he is telling them, especially Zach not to get pushed around. I have noticed several games this year that Zach is pushing pretty bad in the paint because he is just not athletic enough to compete straight up.

I did hear that after the game last Friday, he was sitting down with Whittemore and taking notes as Big W was sharing his wisdom with him.

I was at Friday nights game. Trust me, Crockett's big man got pushed way more than he pushed back. The first "T" was a real piece of acting. He turned around and the East player threw himself to the floor like he was hit by Mike Tyson. We have all seen East play. They flop anytime someone takes it to the basket. They lead the league in charges taken with no contact. The second "T" was no excuse. He deserved it and now he will be a spectator for two games.

Why do we have to blame coaches for everything? Why dont we hold the players accountable? We blame refs, coaches, and fans but we never make the student athletes accountable. Give the coaches some credit. Do you honestly think a coach is telling his kids to fight or play dirty. I know the staff at both Crockett and Volunteer and I can promise you they dont teach their players to behave this way.

Also, if the coaches are so bad bad; go back to school, get certified to teach, and apply for these jobs. Then you can be under the microscope like these men are. It makes me sick to hear the constant criticism. Every head coach in any league puts their heart and soul into their job for their players. They spend their own money when their players have a need, they counsel them when they have no one else to turn to, they give them rides home, spend more time with their players than their own families, and countless other behind the scene things that 99.9% of the fans have no clue about. And what do they do it for? Criticizm. Slanderous comments. Personal attacks. However, they overlook all of this because they feel they have a calling to help these young men. I know all of this goes with the job and sometimes they go overboard and deserve some of what they get. I just think we need to step back and let them do their job and let the kids play for their coach. It is hard for a kid to have 5 or 6 coaches, with all but one in the stands.