MidTennFootball

Who will 7-AAA  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who will 7-AAA

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um yeah where did they play college ball, it could be somewhere legit for all I know but I wasnt into high school basketball back then.

Brent Jolly was considering Tennessee, but from what I understand they told him his first season he wouldn't start. He chose TN Tech after that and he started all 4 years and i believe they won their conf. regular season championship at least 3{maybe all 4} years he was there. Gribble went to a smaller school{Carson Newman} because he could start on both the Basketball and football teams. He did great there and later got drafted on that pro{semi pro} team they had in Nashville. They had a female coach, but i don't remember her name. Jolly was named MVP of the state tourney in 98 and Gribble in 99. One of the best{maybe the best} post players ever in 7AAA was on that team as well. 6'8" Jared Austin who played 4 years at Trevecca.

Gribble was the first ever to be named All American at Carson Newman since they went to the NCAA level.

woah, warrior, .... I am with ya on the subject of ramsey not being as good if he was shorter.. (by the way siegel grad ,part of the reason he as at missouri is that he is 6'9'' and he is most def as athletic as anyone. we are kinda sayin the same thing, with different viewpoints) But warrior, I know white co is serious about basketball... but to say that austin was one of the best post players in the history of this district is just false. He was a good player, but once again...using your same argument, if he was 6'3''... he doesnt do much on the floor.

jolly was a great shooter, and happened to be 6'6 or 6'7 or whatever he was. Gribble to me was always the better player. I'll tell ya who would have had a shot to be legit ... Probably big time college ball was John Tyler Gribble, Kyle's cousin i believe? correct me if i'm wrong. I don't know what ever happend to him but wow you talk about talent when he was just a fresh and sophomore.

woah, warrior, .... I am with ya on the subject of ramsey not being as good if he was shorter.. (by the way siegel grad ,part of the reason he as at missouri is that he is 6'9'' and he is most def as athletic as anyone. we are kinda sayin the same thing, with different viewpoints) But warrior, I know white co is serious about basketball... but to say that austin was one of the best post players in the history of this district is just false. He was a good player, but once again...using your same argument, if he was 6'3''... he doesnt do much on the floor.

jolly was a great shooter, and happened to be 6'6 or 6'7 or whatever he was. Gribble to me was always the better player. I'll tell ya who would have had a shot to be legit ... Probably big time college ball was John Tyler Gribble, Kyle's cousin i believe? correct me if i'm wrong. I don't know what ever happend to him but wow you talk about talent when he was just a fresh and sophomore.

I wont say much about John Tyler. He had great potential. I'll stick with my feelings about Austin. He wasn't a 3 point shooter, but could knock that jumper down from 15 feet and also made like 80% of his free throws. He was a tough and smart player{IMO} and I can't think of a post player in this District over the years that I would trade him for.

Um yeah where did they play college ball, it could be somewhere legit for all I know but I wasnt into high school basketball back then.

Chase could have been at ol miss if he wanted. He had a couple "big" schools if he wanted. I also wanted a good education..

Gerald King from whaty I've been told by mannnnnny is prob one of the best players out of this district.

man how can yall not name Tim and Leon Corder as some of the top players ever in this district also the Robbins kid from cookeville was pretty good...this is a district with a lot of history so please dont think that the kids now are the best ever you would be amazed at some of the talent back in the day

my boys got drilled by oakland tonight i think the score was around a 20 point different but it wasnt that close...I love MY WARRIORS

man how can yall not name Tim and Leon Corder as some of the top players ever in this district also the Robbins kid from cookeville was pretty good...this is a district with a lot of history so please dont think that the kids now are the best ever you would be amazed at some of the talent back in the day

my boys got drilled by oakland tonight i think the score was around a 20 point different but it wasnt that close...I love MY WARRIORS

I remember both Corders. They were both good ballplayers. I think you mean R. Robinson from Cookeville. I believe he was 6'10".

Cavs lose a close one to the Stars 82 - 80. I understand that the score was back and forth the entire game.

Wow. I'm surprised it was that close. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

To be honest, Ive seen a ton of bad officials, but tonights game tops it off. They were out for Siegel from the beggining, Siegel was playing 8 on 5 all night. Larry Moe and Curly need to be fired from TSSAA. They were ATROCIOUS. Late in the game Hammonds throws a guy off glass, cleanest play all night and they whistle him for a foul. Like they must have sight problems. Ive never been more outraged in a game ive been at since ive graduated. And TJ I know about Chaissons offers hes definately one of the best ever from the district, I just feel Keith had the most upside by far. And 85warrior, just to point out Mizzou>Trevecca