Region One

Cowboy Curtis

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly happened? was a punch thrown or can some elaborate a little?

The kid just lost his emotions. He had lost to the kid earlier 3-2. They were somewhat workout partners. He was losing 7-2 and not wrestling well. When he got called for stalling, he seemed to just lose it. Headbutting, slapping, and then a half swing that did not hit the other kid. They stopped the match. he threw mouthpiece and headgear and it was over. He has a lot of growing up to do and alot of teammates to apologize to. It is just a sad story because he was goping to state no matter what. Not TD's fault. Not G'villes fault. Not the officials fault. Not the other kids fault. His.....end of story.

The kid just lost his emotions. He had lost to the kid earlier 3-2. They were somewhat workout partners. He was losing 7-2 and not wrestling well. When he got called for stalling, he seemed to just lose it. Headbutting, slapping, and then a half swing that did not hit the other kid. They stopped the match. he threw mouthpiece and headgear and it was over. He has a lot of growing up to do and alot of teammates to apologize to. It is just a sad story because he was goping to state no matter what. Not TD's fault. Not G'villes fault. Not the officials fault. Not the other kids fault. His.....end of story.

Amen

I also want to apologize to everyone that attended regionals for the way that my 119 pound wrestler behaved. I was at another mat (Chas v. Leland) because I assumed that 119 was kind of taken care of...by that I mean, they were both going to state. I don't coach like that and the results of that match will hurt for a long time. I put that medal on my key ring. I am sorry, please forgive a rookie head coach.

Good luck to all of the region one wrestlers next week. We're all on the same team now.

Coach,

Even if you were in his corner, you could not hold his hand. The officials and the other kid were the closest to him and could not have stopped it. We have become so used to our kids in Region I acting as they are supposed 99% of the time, it stuns us when something like that does happen. Not one thing you could have done or said would have stopped it.

Don't let the actions of one kid ruin the great season you had. You keep up the good work and I'll keep my word to you and stop the match when your kid is on his back. LOL!....(couldn't resist....had to get that one in.)

Greeneville did a great job with the tournament this year under the circumstances. Meaning, we didn't have enough room. What a great problem to have. Our region is growing. When the region grows everyone will benefit. Thanks to Coach/Official/Tournament Director Brimer for helping make order out of pure chaos at times. Keeping the tournament flowing makes our jobs as officials easier.

Thanks from me personaly to all of Region I for making this season great. I have enjoyed this one more than any one in my career. This sport truly is the most fun and rewarding sport in the world. Region I shows that more than any other.

Good Luck next week to all!

Coach,

Even if you were in his corner, you could not hold his hand. The officials and the other kid were the closest to him and could not have stopped it. We have become so used to our kids in Region I acting as they are supposed 99% of the time, it stuns us when something like that does happen. Not one thing you could have done or said would have stopped it.

Don't let the actions of one kid ruin the great season you had. You keep up the good work and I'll keep my word to you and stop the match when your kid is on his back. LOL!....(couldn't resist....had to get that one in.)

Greeneville did a great job with the tournament this year under the circumstances. Meaning, we didn't have enough room. What a great problem to have. Our region is growing. When the region grows everyone will benefit. Thanks to Coach/Official/Tournament Director Brimer for helping make order out of pure chaos at times. Keeping the tournament flowing makes our jobs as officials easier.

Thanks from me personaly to all of Region I for making this season great. I have enjoyed this one more than any one in my career. This sport truly is the most fun and rewarding sport in the world. Region I shows that more than any other.

Good Luck next week to all!

good post and excellent job with the Region 1 awards. Wify thinks you do a very good job in your presentations

This is the way I believe the consolations turned out:

103-Yokley (SS) over Joyner (KPT)

112-Goldstein (SH) over Whitfiled (BN)

119-Muse (NG) over Kelley (G)

125-Jones (ME) over Knowles (SH)

130-Richardson (E) over Snyder (SH)

135-Norton (G) over Davidson (SH)

140-Lawson (MW) over Carlson (G)

145-Williams (E) over Brimer (G)

152-Riley (SH) over Pearce (E)-one of the best matches I've EVER seen

160-Erwin (KPT) over Gaskins (THS)

171-Kraus (JC) over Cannon (SH)

189-Whitt (JC) over Rozar (WG)

215-Sanchez (G) over Coggins (E)

285-Arnold (SE) over Ward (CD)

We take four at 103 and 119

Thank you again for that comment "one of the best matches i've ever seen". because it was the best and hardest match i have ever been in, in my entire career. i give my respects and wish Riley the best of luck in the state tournament because Riley as a soph. earned every bit of a chance to go to the big show this year. I also want to thank everyone who helped make that an exciting match believe it or not everyone as spectators helped make that an amazing match. I also want to thank my coach's for being there for me after the loss and thank the Science Hill Coaches for there sportsmanship and there natural instinct on coaching to pull me aside after the match and congratulate me on my performance it ment the world to me i am heart broken and sad to know that that match is my last High school wrestling match of my life but i am glad and wouldnt want anything more out of a final match of course except for a win lol hahaha but seriously Thanks again to Riley for that match and i wish him the best of luck this week along with the rest of the Regional qualifiers go give them heck region 1.

Thank you again for that comment "one of the best matches i've ever seen". because it was the best and hardest match i have ever been in, in my entire career. i give my respects and wish Riley the best of luck in the state tournament because Riley as a soph. earned every bit of a chance to go to the big show this year. I also want to thank everyone who helped make that an exciting match believe it or not everyone as spectators helped make that an amazing match. I also want to thank my coach's for being there for me after the loss and thank the Science Hill Coaches for there sportsmanship and there natural instinct on coaching to pull me aside after the match and congratulate me on my performance it ment the world to me i am heart broken and sad to know that that match is my last High school wrestling match of my life but i am glad and wouldnt want anything more out of a final match of course except for a win lol hahaha but seriously Thanks again to Riley for that match and i wish him the best of luck this week along with the rest of the Regional qualifiers go give them heck region 1.

Classy post from a classy kid. Check that, young man! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

what does everyone think of the draws for some of the region one contenders i really dont know the rest of the state the way i used to but at first glance it appears both Mann (125) and Fleming got excellent draws imo....anyway i just mainly looked at DB guys since i am a fan....how many guys are we looking to place ?....and does anyone know of the record for region one placers?..i know a lot of people get nervous aobut talking about their draw and the state in general and i dont blame them i was def. the same way but i would like some insight esp since its thru the week i wont be able to get off work...alright...good luck to all...Steve

Good luck to all of the Region 1 wrestlers, I know you'll make our area proud...you already have. Enjoy the experience and bring home some hardware!

tnSmokediver...well said on the other region 1 thread out there. Looking forward to seeing you soon, you know I think you all do an excellent job, although I'm the first to admit I'm a little biased.