Region One

Cowboy Curtis

I'm rooting for Joe big time and all of the others in the Semis. I remember wrestling Joe like 3 times my Junior year. Seems so long ago now, what a way for him to end his Senior year. Good job.

Yeah he was a big sleeper this year at state makeing a huge impact at state and almost upseting the 2nd seed Sinsheimer (Ind) and only loseing to him by a point. but anyways i remember wrestling him this year and loseing by a point each time he is a very strong and smart wrestler best of luck to him in his 5th and 6th place match and way to go out with a bang ur senior year congrats

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Congratulations to these 7 Region One Wrestlers...

- 125 Austin Mann (Dobyns-Bennett) 5th in State

- 135 John Herold (Morristown West) 3rd in State

- 140 Brett Usary (Science Hill) 6th in State ... (Forfeited the Last Two Matches because of a Concussion? Correct me if I'm wrong Cowboy Curtis)

- 145 Kole Bishop (Sullivan East) STATE CHAMP

- 152 Joe Shipley (Morristown West) 6th in State

- 171 Xavier King (Tennessee High) 5th in State

- 285 Zach Fleming (Dobyns-Bennett) 5th in State

I believe our Region had a Great Tournament and represented our area very well.

Well Congratulations to these 7 Region One Wrestlers...

- 125 Austin Mann (Dobyns-Bennett) 5th in State

- 135 John Herold (Morristown West) 3rd in State

- 140 Brett Usary (Science Hill) 6th in State ... (Forfeited the Last Two Matches because of a Concussion? Correct me if I'm wrong Cowboy Curtis)

- 145 Kole Bishop (Sullivan East) STATE CHAMP

- 152 Joe Shipley (Morristown West) 6th in State

- 171 Xavier King (Tennessee High) 5th in State

- 285 Zach Fleming (Dobyns-Bennett) 5th in State

I believe our Region had a Great Tournament and represented our area very well.

Congrats to all the region one guys. you represented well! Big congrats to Kole Bishop, if im not mistaken i believe he is the first state champ in Sullivan East history. Does anyone know if East has even had any state medalists (non-heavyweight) besides Bishop and Reece Wheeler?

Congrats to all the region one guys. you represented well! Big congrats to Kole Bishop, if im not mistaken i believe he is the first state champ in Sullivan East history. Does anyone know if East has even had any state medalists (non-heavyweight) besides Bishop and Reece Wheeler?

First in wrestling, fourth overall (the first three were in track, one of whom also won one in cross-country).

Congrats to Kole....what an accomplishment...proof that you can win a state title from any school in the state....also is 7 medals a record for regions one?.........also to THS with a placer in King...i believe the first since Love....good year for region one......Steve

no, i believe will haynes placed 6th at 130 two or three years ago, he lost to felty(boone) in the 5th and 6th place match.

Congrats to Kole....what an accomplishment...proof that you can win a state title from any school in the state....also is 7 medals a record for regions one?.........also to THS with a placer in King...i believe the first since Love....good year for region one......Steve

Steve, good question. We have had 10-12 medal placers 2-4 times. Don't forgte the year we had 3 state champions. Crosby GHS, Boskin SHHS and some kid named McKinney /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> KDB. Good year.

This is the best year in a few for reg. 1 in 2007 we had 10 medalist this year with seven that

was about what we had the last two years combined. Great job gentleman you represented

yourself your schools your coaches and your region with class. Jocob Mathes fell 1 match short

and was in every match worked his tale off great job. Jordy Hall went down fighting. Mr. [Piggy]

Jerimiah Simms was also oh so close great job. Mr. Matt King lost both matches by 2or 3 points total

to Gardner 1st and Browning 3rd. murderous weight class. All of or wrestlers looked good. Close

to 70% of our wrestlers wrestled after the 1st round either in the second or 1st round Cons.

CONGRATS to Kole looked great all week and dominating in the finals. Mr. Mann great job. Look for both

of you on top of the podium in 2010. John Herold was a wrecking crew the X Man looked great Fleming

wrestled well. Shipley came with in an eye lash of the finals. Usary would have been high if not for an

injury.

WE LOVE YOU KOLE THE POTTERS /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />