10AAA

Eaglepride00

And when it comes to our middle schools. I been at a tournament all day today. And I was givin some of the players some pointers before the game and at halftime. And at halftime the coach yelled and said don't talk to my players. They were up by 10 but lost the lead and were down by 10 at the half. All I was doin was tellin the point guard to use the bounce pass. The particular middle school I'm talkin about has gone to waist. Coaches just collect bonus checks for coachin. Boys/girls basketball and there football team used to compete for the championship every year and now they are at the bottom. And anyone that has seen any of the 3 team (boys/girls basketball and football) from this particular school knows it has to do with coachin. I just cant believe how far we have dropped since I was there just 8 years ago.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when it comes to our middle schools. I been at a tournament all day today. And I was givin some of the players some pointers before the game and at halftime. And at halftime the coach yelled and said don't talk to my players. They were up by 10 but lost the lead and were down by 10 at the half. All I was doin was tellin the point guard to use the bounce pass. The particular middle school I'm talkin about has gone to waist. Coaches just collect bonus checks for coachin. Boys/girls basketball and there football team used to compete for the championship every year and now they are at the bottom. And anyone that has seen any of the 3 team (boys/girls basketball and football) from this particular school knows it has to do with coachin. I just cant believe how far we have dropped since I was there just 8 years ago.

Do you think it might be inappropriate to have contact with players while under supervision of another coach?

Do you think it might be inappropriate to have contact with players while under supervision of another coach?

I understand where your comin from but in this case no. This coach doesn't teach the boys anything. They have no plays, they can't dribble with either hand, they don't know the propper way to pass. And its sad cuz if somebody taught them the fundamentals they have the talent to win the county championship. But he just sits back and laughs when they do somethin wrong and then when the game gets close take out the best players. I don't have any players that are in my family or anything I just hate seein kids playin basketball and really wantin to play but they aren't havin fun cuz of the coach. Sports are for fun.

In getting back to the actual topic, this district should once again be competitive from top to bottom. Rossview and Northeast should be the favorites heading into the season, as both have lots of talent returning. Henry County should be towards the top. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Kenwood in one of those top four spots. They've always had the talent, but now they've got a good coach to go along with that. Springfield may contend if they get enough help around Stanton. As for Dickson and Clarksville, they each lost their best player, so I can't really see either one of them winning the district. They'll be solid, but won't be nearly as good as they were last year. Northwest has Rudolph, and a new coach, but not really sure what else they've got.

In getting back to the actual topic, this district should once again be competitive from top to bottom. Rossview and Northeast should be the favorites heading into the season, as both have lots of talent returning. Henry County should be towards the top. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Kenwood in one of those top four spots. They've always had the talent, but now they've got a good coach to go along with that. Springfield may contend if they get enough help around Stanton. As for Dickson and Clarksville, they each lost their best player, so I can't really see either one of them winning the district. They'll be solid, but won't be nearly as good as they were last year. Northwest has Rudolph, and a new coach, but not really sure what else they've got.

I also think Kenwood could make a little noise this year. I don't think they will win the district but I think they could be in the mix. As you said, the talent is there with Smith and Banks leading the charge. I think if the coaches can get those guys on the same page, look out. Rossview was HUGE last year. Did they lose any of those bigs?

I also think Kenwood could make a little noise this year. I don't think they will win the district but I think they could be in the mix. As you said, the talent is there with Smith and Banks leading the charge. I think if the coaches can get those guys on the same page, look out. Rossview was HUGE last year. Did they lose any of those bigs?

Rossview lost their starting center (00) as well as their starting point (the smallish white kid), while they still bring back Williams for his 7th year of eligibility as well as #34, who was a very large body. The thing with Rossview that hurt them the last two years and will probably hurt them again this year is guard play, particularly at the point, as well as perimeter shooting. Who did Kenwood lose, what were their numbers and position? I saw them 2 or 3 times last year, but I never got any names.

You can say what you like but I know a lot of the players pretty well. I might be a fan but I know if your players don't agree with what your doin you can't win. Our middle schools need to step it up a notch too. Half the coaches I think just want a paycheck. I have tried to step in along with some other ppl that know basketball well to work with the middle schools. But the coaches don't wanna have anything to do with it. Its kinda sad. We used to be pretty dang good year in and year out.

Well theres only four middle schools in the county they can't all be lazy?!? Can they?? As far as you stepping in did you talk with the coach first or did you just step in without proper permission? I don't reallyhave a dog in this race except that its easy to sit in the stands and know basketball/football and then coach because sometimes you need a little talent to go with the knowledge to make anything happen. Calipari could come and coach any of our county middle schools and still not beat Inman this year! They got talent year in and year out, but struggle against the Jackson schools with more talent. I hated sitting in our football stands two years ago listening to idiots bad mouth coach Gaddis when in reality they did not have a clue what they were talking about. But because the played in their glory days they were experts. Also, who's we? Players have to buy into what the coaches preaching if fans(parents) moan and groan about they don't like this or that they undermine what the coach is trying to do and thus are a cancer on the team. But if you realy want to coach go talk to Kriesky I'm sure he could get you a waiver and you could get a whistle and whip whatever team your talking about into shape! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Well theres only four middle schools in the county they can't all be lazy?!? Can they?? As far as you stepping in did you talk with the coach first or did you just step in without proper permission? I don't reallyhave a dog in this race except that its easy to sit in the stands and know basketball/football and then coach because sometimes you need a little talent to go with the knowledge to make anything happen. Calipari could come and coach any of our county middle schools and still not beat Inman this year! They got talent year in and year out, but struggle against the Jackson schools with more talent. I hated sitting in our football stands two years ago listening to idiots bad mouth coach Gaddis when in reality they did not have a clue what they were talking about. But because the played in their glory days they were experts. Also, who's we? Players have to buy into what the coaches preaching if fans(parents) moan and groan about they don't like this or that they undermine what the coach is trying to do and thus are a cancer on the team. But if you realy want to coach go talk to Kriesky I'm sure he could get you a waiver and you could get a whistle and whip whatever team your talking about into shape! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have coached aau and capps. I have tried to get on as a volenteer assistant at the high school one year but they wasn't havin it. When coach wilkins first got here he told me I could help out but work was gettin in the way and I couldn't do it. Watch all the middle school teams this year and watch the coaches. I would bet you would figure out which one I'm talkin about. I have talked to present players and former players. They have a huge problem there. And trust me if I had a degree to teach I would be tryin my hardest to get that spot. But I will drop this and get back on topic. I'm excited to see what we can do this year. I hope we make some noise.

2002-2003

17-10

It went down the crapper after that season.

Yes it did. But didn't they go to substate in 2001-2002. They might not have had a winning record but I remember we beat dickson on a buzzer beater from halfcourt by david stephens for 3rd place in the district tournament. And then we surprised some teams in the region and finished 2nd. And then in the substate stratford put it to us.