10AAA

Eaglepride00

Well henry county lost its first game last night to jcm by 8. They were tall and very athletic but we still could have won. Marcus and shonte were the only 2 that came to play. Everybody else just kinda acted like they didn't care. Coach is gonna have to change there attitude. But marcus had 30 which brings his average to around 26 a game. And shonte had 16 before he fouled out. The refs didn't help any and they heard it all night from the crowd. The past 2 years are the worst 2 years of reffin I have seen ever. And goes for any team not just henry county.

It is apparent to me that if one does not score one did not come to play in your book. The only two that came to play? Hooper did a great job defensively and on the boards, McFerren did what he was asked to do. Haley did a lot of good things. I would say coach Wilkins expects Marcus and Shonte to be the leading scorers every night and every one else has a different type role to play. Scoring is not the only determining factor for who showed up to play.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is apparent to me that if one does not score one did not come to play in your book. The only two that came to play? Hooper did a great job defensively and on the boards, McFerren did what he was asked to do. Haley did a lot of good things. I would say coach Wilkins expects Marcus and Shonte to be the leading scorers every night and every one else has a different type role to play. Scoring is not the only determining factor for who showed up to play.

No that's not what I said at all. Nobody was playin hard. I didn't see the usual hustle (divin on the floor, takin charges) that I usually see from this team. Mcferrin played real well. I wish he would get more playin time. He don't turn the ball over as much and handles the pressure real well. Its hard to believe he is a freshman. Bruce always plays hard and I failed to mention his name also. He probably should be startin when he gets into basketball shape. Coach wilkins said some of the same things the other night so must not be the only one thinkin these things. Hopefully everybody will come to play tonight and we will show the district we can compete for the title this year.

I don't know enough about the teams yet to say by how much but my picks are:

NE

Rossview

Henry co

Springfield

Yeah you are probably right. The only game I am curious about is NE Cville though. From what I'm hearing NE seems to be the favorite by most people but I am picking that as my upset of the night. If that counts as an upset that is. I just think Cville has too many kids returning that know how to win and this early in the season will be able to get it done. But who know, I'm just glad the district is starting finally

Yeah you are probably right. The only game I am curious about is NE Cville though. From what I'm hearing NE seems to be the favorite by most people but I am picking that as my upset of the night. If that counts as an upset that is. I just think Cville has too many kids returning that know how to win and this early in the season will be able to get it done. But who know, I'm just glad the district is starting finally

My bold prediction for the year: Clarksville will finish in the lower half of the district this year, possibly in the bottom three. From what I've seen and heard, they still have a couple of shooters, but they are lacking the point and posts from previous year. Of course, most people would have a time trying to replace Tyrone Caldwell.

Northeast by 16

Rossview by 15

Henry Co by 8

Springfield by 13

I didn't blame the game on the refs. I said not everybody came to play.

"The refs didn't help any and they heard it all night from the crowd."

Although you're intentions may not have been to deflect all, most, or some of the blame to the referees, you leave that impression by adding an insignificant sentence such as this. The pace at which many of these teams play, with full court presses and traps that are designed to create chaos and contact, makes it extremely difficult for a competent ref to officiate the game. When Rick Pitino came to Kentucky and installed his patented press, he insisted on the defenders bumping, grinding, and swatting at offensive players. His defense was gaged by deflections. His philosophy was based on two principles: 1. I've got 12 guys who can play 2. They can't call every foul. Many high school teams, such as Dyer Co., Union City, Springfield from a couple of years ago, and JCM from Friday night, suscribe to this philosophy, making all of their games virtually impossible to referee. As a fan, player, or coach, all one can ask for is consistency and effort from the refs.