10AAA

Eaglepride00

I don't think that's necessarily a bad prediction, although I don't see Springfield finishing first. No question, Stanton can lead them to wins given the amount of talent that he has, but teams will simply focus on shutting him down. If and when teams decide to completely go after him, can the other guys step up? That remains to be seen.

I just see it being Rossview and Northeast battling for the top spot all year long. These two teams are loaded. And I think Kenwood will be a little bit higher than people think. I'm not a Kenwood fan, but they've got enough talent to challenge the top teams. I'd say Henry-Kenwood should be 3 and 4.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at some of these threads with the predictions. I just cant see anyone slipping above Northeast & Rossview. I thyink Springfield can beat them, but I still think they will finish behind those two. I feel that Kenwood will be a hard team to beat this year. They have a great coaching staff and a very good 1,2 punch with Smith and Banks. I think Banks is the best player in the district with a good attitude. I hear that his appearance and attitude it like a new person. My order is

1. Northeast- They are DEEP!!!! Alderson and Telvin will be hard to stop an with the bigtime transfer they got in.

2. Rossview- They are deep as well. They have williams and a very good group that is back. A lot of experience.

3. Springfield- Can you say Stanton, anytime you have that guy on your team you will be pretty good.

4. Henry co- Always get screwed when you play at Henry so they will win home games. Have some good players returning. Not the coach's son.. biggest baby I have ever seen play the game.

5. Kenwood- will be good at the end of the year. Banks and Smith are tough!!!!

6.Clarksville- Still have the districts best shooters and they know how to win.. Do not count these guys to upset you!

7. Dickson-. You will play there tempo. slow it down. It qwill be worse than ever now that primm and bell are gone.

8. Northwest- Just dont have the players. Very inexperienced other than the stud Rudolph who is the most underrated player in Middle Tennessee.

I am excited and ready for basketball season, I do expect improvements in our team this year at Kenwood. The region looks similar to me with Dickson dropping off and Kenwood stepping up.

IMO

1. Springfield most rounded ball club

2. Clarksville may be better than Sprinfield due to previous experiences

3. NE is on Clarsvilles heels

4. Rossview has been steady

5. Kenwood hopefully will play up to their talent on a more consistant basis

6. Dickson County will keep all games clsoe til the end winning almost half their region games

7. Northwest, underachievers as usual but will beat Henry COunty

8. Lots of talent in the halls but not willing to play for coach

1, 2, 3 are all tight and whoever gets hot at the right time will win out

4,5 are tight as well, I expect a real battle for the 4 spot.

Looking at some of these threads with the predictions. I just cant see anyone slipping above Northeast & Rossview. I thyink Springfield can beat them, but I still think they will finish behind those two. I feel that Kenwood will be a hard team to beat this year. They have a great coaching staff and a very good 1,2 punch with Smith and Banks. I think Banks is the best player in the district with a good attitude. I hear that his appearance and attitude it like a new person. My order is

1. Northeast- They are DEEP!!!! Alderson and Telvin will be hard to stop an with the bigtime transfer they got in.

2. Rossview- They are deep as well. They have williams and a very good group that is back. A lot of experience.

3. Springfield- Can you say Stanton, anytime you have that guy on your team you will be pretty good.

4. Henry co- Always get screwed when you play at Henry so they will win home games. Have some good players returning. Not the coach's son.. biggest baby I have ever seen play the game.

5. Kenwood- will be good at the end of the year. Banks and Smith are tough!!!!

6.Clarksville- Still have the districts best shooters and they know how to win.. Do not count these guys to upset you!

7. Dickson-. You will play there tempo. slow it down. It qwill be worse than ever now that primm and bell are gone.

8. Northwest- Just dont have the players. Very inexperienced other than the stud Rudolph who is the most underrated player in Middle Tennessee.

See, I have heard from a few people lately that NW is gonna be real this year. Apparently, this new coaching staff has gotten these guys on the same page. We all know that talent and athleticism has not been the problem there. Talent/ athleticism + coaching/ direction= a good ball team. I am not saying they are going to win the district. I am just saying watch 'em.

I am excited and ready for basketball season, I do expect improvements in our team this year at Kenwood. The region looks similar to me with Dickson dropping off and Kenwood stepping up.

IMO

1. Springfield most rounded ball club

2. Clarksville may be better than Sprinfield due to previous experiences

3. NE is on Clarsvilles heels

4. Rossview has been steady

5. Kenwood hopefully will play up to their talent on a more consistant basis

6. Dickson County will keep all games clsoe til the end winning almost half their region games

7. Northwest, underachievers as usual but will beat Henry COunty

8. Lots of talent in the halls but not willing to play for coach

1, 2, 3 are all tight and whoever gets hot at the right time will win out

4,5 are tight as well, I expect a real battle for the 4 spot.

Is #8 suppose to be Henry County and if so who is walking the halls that should be playing?

Please, just once, will you give us all a name, just one name. You've kept that same line for 3 years now, but we all know you won't name anyone.

Well if you want a name how about errr....... well.......... ahh............ Bob Smith thats a good American name. Not sure if anyone in Henry Co. High goes by that name but at least its a name. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Lets don't get off on fastcat tangents again this year. Let's just focus on the facts and see what happens. Looking forward to an exciting year as keep hearing good things about kenwood and northwest, so that should add some parity to the league. Will be interesting to see what Clarksville high accomplishes after losing Tyrone, and Northeast is loaded with talent. Springfield with Stanton is always a tough game, should be an exciting year. Ready to get started...

Anyone have any results on any of the teams in the district that participated in playdays over the past weekend?

I saw Rossview at the Liberty Tech playday, and this team seems to be for real. It's going to be tough for teams in this district and region to stop their inside game.

Who else played over the weekend? And is there anyone playing this upcoming weekend?

Well, after the montgomery county jamboree last night, I think it safe to say that Northeast is the favorite. They are big, physical and have good guardplay. Rossview looked good but not overly impressive against an improved Mont. Central team. Northwest and Clarksville played each other pretty close, niether looked like they are going to contend for the title. Kenwood looked solid in the first quarter against NE but faded in the second as they did not appear to have the size to matchup physically with them. Also, Banks was in street clothes along with a four or five other varsity players due to injury, eligiblity, etc. So, I don't think that was a true showing of how Kenwood will be this year. Any thoughts from those who attended last night?

Henry county played gibson county last night. We started off slow but built a 17 point lead at one time but missed free throws a couple turnovers and a couple horrible calls made it closer than it should have been. I think when the football players get back we will be pretty good. We don't have much depth right now. Marcus is real good. The ball never goes through him but he always gets 20 points mostly off rebounds. We will see this thursday how good we are when jackson southside comes to town. But we won't really know until the football players get back (hopefully not til after december 6th).