In the case of:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

Glencliff would be an automatic qualifier in 5A as would Hillsboro (4 5A teams means two automatic qualifiers), Hunters Lane (6A) and McGavock (6A) would be automatic since they are the top two finishers in the district.

The other teams in the district could still get in, but it would have to be the wild card route.

Earl,

Thanks for the correction. I was going by what I was told and I stand corrected. Sorry for the confusion everyone. If anyone would have the correct info, it would be you.

I think springfield will be in with the Clarksville schools along with Dickson County and then Henry County will stay west with the Memphis schools.

That will not happen. One of the big reasons for this change is $ spent for traveling. Traveling to and from Memphis will not happen. Most of the Jackson area schools are in the Class 3/4 listing and many of the Clarksville schools are in 5 I would say HCHS will start playing teams that they play in BB sports. HCHS might still schedule a Jackson school or 2 to fill in spots on schedule.

Wingman, I hate to disagree but think about what region Henry Co. is in now. They play Brighton, Munford, Hardin Co., Liberty and Jackson Northside. With Henry Co. moving up to 6A, things are going to stay the same only with a couple of small changes. Liberty is going to be a 4A school. Munford,Hardin Co. & JNS will be 5A schools and Henry Co. & Brighton will be 6A schools. They are going to have to find a lot of non league games-6!

But they will be traveling the same next year as they did this year with one less trip to Jackson.

That would be correct.

In the case of:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

Glencliff would be an automatic qualifier in 5A as would Hillsboro (4 5A teams means two automatic qualifiers), Hunters Lane (6A) and McGavock (6A) would be automatic since they are the top two finishers in the district.

The other teams in the district could still get in, but it would have to be the wild card route.

All right, now this is starting to make a bit more sense, although given this scenerio (misspelled I know) a 1-5 team could make the playoffs as an automatic qualifier. Not so sure I like that at all.

I think 2, 4, and 6A will be pretty starightforward when all is said and done, but it may get pretty cumbersome in 1, 2, and 5A because at least in my mind in most regions (Or I guess they are districts again?) the larger class teams will win. Plus, I could see a lower class team that could make noise in the playoffs possibly be left out because of playing in a district with larger class powers.

I still don't like the format at all, but at least I know a bit more about it now.

Wingman, I hate to disagree but think about what region Henry Co. is in now. They play Brighton, Munford, Hardin Co., Liberty and Jackson Northside. With Henry Co. moving up to 6A, things are going to stay the same only with a couple of small changes. Liberty is going to be a 4A school. Munford,Hardin Co. & JNS will be 5A schools and Henry Co. & Brighton will be 6A schools. They are going to have to find a lot of non league games-6!

But they will be traveling the same next year as they did this year with one less trip to Jackson.

No problem with disagreeing. I can see where you are coming from.

With Liberty at 4A if I read it right they will not be in our district (unless they elect to play up, I think I read you have an option?) only 5A/6A schools that leaves HCHS in a 5 team District. I don't see that unless Memphis schools are brought into the mix for District.

After rereading Gaddis comment in paper leads me to believe we will be playing mostly same during season then change for playoffs.

You may be right I just wonder if they will split the Memphis schools up and add 3 or 4 to the list above?

Regardless, we will be in one or the other. Send Pats wherever and they will just play.

I guess we will know after the November meeting?

You can only move up now in your classification. Any team classified as an "A" school can move up from 1A to 2A, "AA"-from 3A to 4A and "AAA"- from 5A to 6A. So Liberty is stuck in 4A

After looking at this, where teams are, who's playing up, etc...This is what I have come up with. There won't be regions for football just districts like basketball. This is all based on enrollments just posted. Some of the 5A schools could still choose to play up in 6A

District 13

5A-Dyer Co., Hardin Co., Jackson North Side, Munford 6A-Brighton, Henry Co.

District 14

5A-Bartlett, Craigmont, Raleigh-Egypt 6A-Arlington, Bolton, Cordova, Millington

District 15

5A-Hamilton, Overton, Ridgeway 6A-Collierville, Germantown, Houston, Kirby, Southwind

District 16

5A-East, Melrose, Mitchell 6A-Central, White Station, Whitehaven, Wooddale

• 2 weeks later...

CLASS AAA

>

> District 1: Daniel Boone, David Crockett, Sullivan South, Tennessee,

> Volunteer Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Sullivan Central

>

> District 2: Cherokee, Cocke Co., Morristown East, Morristown West,

> Seymour; Jefferson Co., Sevier Co.

>

> District 3: Anderson Co., Campbell Co., Clinton, Knoxville Catholic,

> Knoxville Central, Knoxville Halls, Powell; Karns, Oak Ridge

>

> District 4: Lenoir City, South Doyle; Bearden, Farragut, Hardin Valley,

> Heritage, Knoxville West, Maryville, William Blount

>

> District 5: Cleveland, Rhea Co., McMinn Co.; Bradley, Ooltewah,

> Soddy-Daisy, Walker Valley

>

> District 6: Cumberland Co., White Co.; Coffee Co., Cookeville, Warren Co.

>

> District 7: Blackman, LaVergne, Oakland, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, Wilson

> Central

>

> District 8: Lawrence Co., Shelbyville, Tullahoma Columbia, Franklin Co.,

> Lincoln Co.

>

> District 9: Beech, Gallatin, Hendersonville, Portland, Station Camp;

> Lebanon, Mt. Juliet

>

> District 10: Clarksville, Henry Co., Kenwood, Northwest, Dickson Co.,

> Rossview, Springfield

>

> District 11:Centennial, Brentwood, Franklin,

> Independence, Overton, Ravenwood

>

> District 12: Glencliff, Antioch, Cane Ridge,

> Hunters Lane, McGavock Hillsboro, Hillwood

>

> District 13: Brighton, Dyer Co., Hardin Co., Jackson North Side, Munford;

>

> District 14: Craigmont, Raleigh-Egypt; Arlington, Barlett, Bolton,

> Cordova, Millington

>

> District 15: Ridgeway; Collierville, Germantown, Houston, Kirby,

> Southwind, Wooddale

>

> District 16: Hamilton, Melrose, Memphis Overton; Memphis Central,

> Whitehaven, White Station

Are these district realignments "concrete" at this point in time, or is the T$$AA still looking at it?

That would be correct.

In the case of:

Hunters Lane (6A) 5-1

McGavock (6A) 4-2

Antioch (6A) 3-3

Glencliff (5A) 3-3

Hillsboro (5A) 2-4

Hillwood (5A) 1-5

Cane Ridge (5A) 0-6

Something isn't adding up to me. Given that the playoffs are supposed to be a 32 team bracket, and there will be 16 districts, there'll be no room for wildcards ... unless it is to take into account that some districts may have only 1 or none of a particular class. IOW if after things are divided into 16 districts and each new district has at least 2 of each class, then who could be a wildcard, there'd already be 32 playoff qualifiers?

I think some of the district will only have 3 6A teams meaning there is only 1 automatic qualifier in that district. If I am not mistaken, I thought I saw a preliminary one where there was only 1 5A team in a district along with 6 6A teams. If that is the case, that team would have to finish among the top two overall in the district to qualify for the playoffs or make it as one of the wild cards.