THE Lewis Co. Panthers @ Hickman Co.

LewisCoPanthers

Hahahahaha, I love it. It rains on the night before the game and we get accused of wetting the field. I guess Coach Sharp has divine powers and is really close friends with the big guy upstairs! Bottom line, bottom line - you beat us last year when it counted, the gold region ball meant nothing at that point. You deserve credit for that and noone can take that away from you. HOWEVER, its a new year and two new teams, I know there are alot of returning starters on both sides, but its new teams. I believe the Panthers will be ready for the Bulldawgs this time and the game will be a toss up. Big play here or there will probably decide it. All I KNOW FOR SURE is I wish it was Friday now!! Go Panthers!!!!!

P.S. The forecast is calling for rain Thursday - Coach Sharp must be praying hard!!!! haha

c'mon panthers fan....i had hoped that you and I could keep this going back and forth at least until Thursday! why do you have to show your nice side so early in the week /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I almost look as forward to this CoachT stuff as much as the game itself.....no doubt, and we all know it, this Friday night will be a match up between two class, heavy hitting teams.....I agree, I think the game will be a toss up....maybe depending on which team can capitalize the most on turnovers.....it's a shame that this can't be the televised high school game of the week.....no way any other game that night will be as big as the Dawgs/Panthers.....folks who won't be there will not know what they are missing.....lets hope for safety for both sides and a close one in the end....GO DAWGS!!!!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c'mon panthers fan....i had hoped that you and I could keep this going back and forth at least until Thursday! why do you have to show your nice side so early in the week /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> I almost look as forward to this CoachT stuff as much as the game itself.....no doubt, and we all know it, this Friday night will be a match up between two class, heavy hitting teams.....I agree, I think the game will be a toss up....maybe depending on which team can capitalize the most on turnovers.....it's a shame that this can't be the televised high school game of the week.....no way any other game that night will be as big as the Dawgs/Panthers.....folks who won't be there will not know what they are missing.....lets hope for safety for both sides and a close one in the end....GO DAWGS!!!!

Haha, I figured that was your angle. I don't think you and I have anything to worry about as far as there being no trash talk on CoachT. There will be plenty between now and Friday. And you couldn't be more right about televising the game. It would be a great one for everyone to be able to see. All I know is that I will be there along with five or six thousand others (maybe more!) It doesn't get any better!

We all know that is Lewis wins we will be hearing the following things from Hickman fans.

1. Remember last year

2. Game is not that important, wait till the playoffs

3. It's just the region championship

4. The humidity in the air made the grass damp and slowed our players down.

5. We didn't show our entire package in case of a playoff rematch

6. The refs cheated us

7. Our coaches cost us the game, Lewis is a horrible team.

So basically we are in a lose-lose situation. If we win, Hickman will downplay the loss, if we lose they will think they have won the superbowl.

We all know that is Lewis wins we will be hearing the following things from Hickman fans.

1. Remember last year

2. Game is not that important, wait till the playoffs

3. It's just the region championship

4. The humidity in the air made the grass damp and slowed our players down.

5. We didn't show our entire package in case of a playoff rematch

6. The refs cheated us

7. Our coaches cost us the game, Lewis is a horrible team.

So basically we are in a lose-lose situation. If we win, Hickman will downplay the loss, if we lose they will think they have won the superbowl.

I thought we already exposed you as an antagonist who just tried to get Lewis County's opponents riled up by talking trash about them. And more importantly, I thought you were gone - don't start that same mess you tried to with Fairview. Besides, aren't you a "Lions" fan anyway? You've already been busted - give it up bob!

I thought we already exposed you as an antagonist who just tried to get Lewis County's opponents riled up by talking trash about them. And more importantly, I thought you were gone - don't start that same mess you tried to with Fairview. Besides, aren't you a "Lions" fan anyway? You've already been busted - give it up bob!

I learned my lesson. I made a Freudian slip when I said Lion's den instead of Panther's den because I was talking about CPA, who are the Lions. You can think whatever. I have calmed down. I think my assessment of what will happen if we win this game against Hickman is accurate. Their fans will act that way. You know it and so do I.

From scores you can see Hickman is not as potent on offense as they were last year. We have the best offense we have had in years here.

Yeah, ok, but if Sowell's in there, he gets 80-90-% of the carries. If he's not, LC can key on Key. pun intended. If Scott Sowell wasn't an important part of the offense, he wouldn't get that many touches. If he's not in there, the other guy would be easier to stop or you could at least put an extra man on him. I think Sowell is worth 2 touchdowns in a game like this one.

Yeah, ok, but if Sowell's in there, he gets 80-90-% of the carries. If he's not, LC can key on Key. pun intended. If Scott Sowell wasn't an important part of the offense, he wouldn't get that many touches. If he's not in there, the other guy would be easier to stop or you could at least put an extra man on him. I think Sowell is worth 2 touchdowns in a game like this one.

Good point, but on the other hand there are a few others that are wanting to prove themselves real bad, I am sure Scott will be playing, but if not passing will be still there as well as a few that want to prove thier worth on the ground.

If either one of these teams is throwing the ball all over the yard, they're getting beat. Both teams make their living on the ground.

Hickman County's advantages are playing at home and a tough game with Marshall County in week 1. Lewis County looks to be improved on offense and their line is huge. Their out of region schedule is a little weaker, but not a lot. Wayne County is tough and Mt. Pleasant isn't a slouch either. Though 1A, they'd still do well in our region.