Ooltewah vs Farragut

VOID70

Great effort by the whole offense from Farragut last night. The offensive line showed major heart last night in trying to block the best D-line in the state. Reese Browning did his best with what was givin to him.

Also, i have no problem with Ooltewah's tenacity, but they had several late hits that were not called last night. And it seemed that when there was a scuffle, Farragut always got flagged for it. But that is just the Ooltewah home field advantage, just like it would be at any home field i guess.

I agree with what Coach Courtney did also. He stuck up for his players, tried to get them fired up. Let's face it, that should've been a personal foul on the Ooltewah defender, the video clip shows helmet to helmet contact which is a clear penalty when its done on a quarterback.

Anyways, great gameplan by Ooltewah, you guys have a heck of a team and i hope we can see you guys again. Your running back is very quick and gave our guys trouble all night. And your defensive line...man oh man. Great.

Farragut will bounce back though, that's what great teams do in their situation. They battled all night and I applaud their effort. And Farragut fans should note that if we win out and Ooltewah gets beat once, then we still win the region and have homefield advantage. Go Farragut!

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great effort by the whole offense from Farragut last night. The offensive line showed major heart last night in trying to block the best D-line in the state. Reese Browning did his best with what was givin to him.

Also, i have no problem with Ooltewah's tenacity, but they had several late hits that were not called last night. And it seemed that when there was a scuffle, Farragut always got flagged for it. But that is just the Ooltewah home field advantage, just like it would be at any home field i guess.

I agree with what Coach Courtney did also. He stuck up for his players, tried to get them fired up. Let's face it, that should've been a personal foul on the Ooltewah defender, the video clip shows helmet to helmet contact which is a clear penalty when its done on a quarterback.

Anyways, great gameplan by Ooltewah, you guys have a heck of a team and i hope we can see you guys again. Your running back is very quick and gave our guys trouble all night. And your defensive line...man oh man. Great.

Farragut will bounce back though, that's what great teams do in their situation. They battled all night and I applaud their effort. And Farragut fans should note that if we win out and Ooltewah gets beat once, then we still win the region and have homefield advantage. Go Farragut!

Actually no we wouldnt Ootlewah will still win based on region wins not overall record. The will have one loss in the region if they lose and so will farragut if they win out and Ootelwah takes the tiebreaker based on head to head. But Farragut can still wrap up second place and that is where they will finish. Ootelwah would have to lose two region games for the Admirlas to win the region.

I did not say the hit was intentional. That is just the way some players tackle, leading with the helmet. You see it almost every game. They don't mean to lead with the helmet, they just do it. The sad part of that is the tackler is going to injure themselves more times than not by leading with the helmet. The QB's head coming down on his follow thru has nothing to do with the player leading with the helmet. I guess it is one's perspective and from this person's it was a penalty.

His helmet definitely was out there and was close to leading with it - but it looked like he made contact on his shoulder pads (near collarbone area) right below his helmet first - so it didn't really hit his facemask at all his head jerked back from being hit so high on the chest. I'm sure it touched his facemask after the INITIAL hit by the way his head went back but people get hit in the helmet all the time... but the top of his helmet knocked his facemask after he hit him high on the torso.

Bullcrap. The one late hit got called. And both teams got flagged for unsportsmen-like conduct on one play. There was never any others.

Great effort from your offensive line? Your QB might beg to differ!! I will repeat an earlier quote: " RODNEY KING DIDN"T GET BEAT DOWN that BAD!!!Owls have one of the best defenses in the state,if not the best. I WILL stand by bassman and say you are an idiot for saying there were several late hits,the one w/ offsetting penalities wasn't a late hit,one of your recvrs got a little to aggressive after the whistle and our db#8 wasn't going to take any crap. Farragut will bounce back.....Ooltewah will not lose to oakridge or Soddy,so get ready,(if the ads win enoughand if the owls take of business in the playoffs) to come back to owlville.Hope you guys had fun last night,I did. To farragut some of your kids were some of the nicest youngmen around,one or two need a sit down w/ the coach or whoever,but some of your fans need a reality check,they need to remember one thing,it doesn't matter who's number one till december(don't get caught up in the hype next time) GO OWLS get oak ridge!!

I dont care what any of you say the coach DID make a unsportsman like gesture to the Owls coach......he gave him a thumbs up and then he swung his hand at him as if go jump in the lake!!!!!!!!!! I SAW WHAT I SAW so no need to argue about it, he was right in front of me and end of story. Oh by the way i still think the QB for Farr. is one of the best QB s in the state even though he didnt get a chance to show it last night to much but when he throws IT S ACCURATE and has some zip.......very good athlete just didnt get to show it last night BUT HE S GOOD.....NO DOUBT.

Random thoughts from a non-particpant:

1. Coaches are human. They aren't perfect. If my coach is going to lose his cool, the best reason he/she possibly could do it would be defending the safety/honor of one of their kids.

2. Farragut losing doesn't surprise me. Felt like they were a tad over-rated after I saw them against WB.

3. To the few (not all) Farragut fans complaining about "homer" refs. You might do that if you lose in the last second by a point and feel like the refs affected the game (we WB fans did our share of whining a couple of years ago down there) BUT when you get dominated like this game ... let it go.

4. One or two people have referred to Ooltewah's Defense (and particularly the d-line) as one of, and maybe the best in the state. My opinion, they probably are "one of" the best in the state ... and they could be the best in 5A, but they are by far not the best "D" that WB played against this year. That honor would go to Maryville.

Yes, we actually will win the region if we end up with the same record. Read the rulebook before you pop off at the mouth jackass.

And all you Ooltewah fans don't want to believe the hit i guess. Whatever makes you sleep better..

By the way whoever said the offensive line didn't try, your full of crap. They didn't get the results they wanted, but don't question their effort. Farragut is going further than Ooltewah in the playoffs. I can already feel their and the fans cockiness from the win, and it will be their downfall.

Farragut will lose next Friday night to Soddy-Daisy. To be honest with you, Farragut isn't that good. Ooltewah manhandled them easier than they have anyone this year. The Owls had their way with a very weak Farragut defense, and the Admirals offensive line is very porous. Your team won't make it past round 2 of the playoffs.

Yes, we actually will win the region if we end up with the same record. Read the rulebook before you pop off at the mouth jackass.

And all you Ooltewah fans don't want to believe the hit i guess. Whatever makes you sleep better..

By the way whoever said the offensive line didn't try, your full of crap. They didn't get the results they wanted, but don't question their effort. Farragut is going further than Ooltewah in the playoffs. I can already feel their and the fans cockiness from the win, and it will be their downfall.

I think you need to learn how to read FIRST and foremost!!! I nor did anybody say farraguts o-line didn't try.I said the didnt put out a good effort,look at the score,your QB,your running back etc...the lost the battle up front.I even said your kids were fine young men,w/ the exception of 3 or 4,so before you get to big for your britches,learn how to read. And lastly who said anything about region records? the owls will win out right and so will farragut,We beat you all,newsflash!: owls are region champs,the little ads are 2nd,soddy is 3rd and mcminn or bradely or william blount or whoever.Noone is being cocky,just using a little insight,oakridge is down,soddy is better this year,but will not beat Ooltewah,this year.

I had a feeling the O-line would get their true test tonight and in fact they got much more then that. They got a good ole whooping as much as i hate to say it. The battle of the trenches was my biggest concern for this game and Ootelwah just dominated us on both sides of the ball. Didnt expect it but i deff. thought it could happen and now the O-line is gonna have to get together and work some things out. So now people know why i wasnt giving praise to this team just yet i am an Admiral through and through but this proved we have a long way to go.

you are a joke Admiral man.

I seen you on DB's message site Maryville message site running your mouth and not making any sense to say what you are here.

Congratulations to Ooltewah for being a better team last night. They appear to be a different team at home and I think they have great support from their fans and they helped them keep momentum. Whats their home record?

No one said Farraguts O line did a good job, but they still gave it all they had, what else can you do against the 4-6 men Ooltewah brought every play. The O line is definetly their weakness and if its torn up like that the rest of the offense will fall apart as well. They need to really step it up and work harder at their practices to get better as a unit, or someone needs to clone Will Jackson 4 times.

Farraguts defense was strong in the begining and I think they were very capable of stopping the Ooltewah offense but the short field and the way the momentum just kept building up for Ooltewah because of their defense was too much to handle. Some of the defensive players were just out matched but i liked that the defense didnt give up though once it was clear it was over though #46, 33 and that noseguard 51 were getting after it the whole game.

Ooltewah was very good at controlling the ball and the clock once they had a good lead. They didn't do anything special just went out there executed some solid basic football and beat the other team. They have very good blocking on offense and size as well against farraguts undersized defense they were able to get 3-4 yards a play untouched. They werent unstoppable to any extent but they had momentum and a rythymn and thats all you need to move the ball.

Ooltewahs defense proves that defense wins games. That set of D lineman and linebackers are a solid group not just 36 or 67 all of them.

As far as the hit goes i think it was late about 2-3 seconds not so much helmet to helmet but helmet to chin, the quarterback almost bit through his lip. It was not anything intentional just aggressive but i feel it deserved a flag. As for coach courtneys performance, when you wanna stick up for your team you go all out if you have too and football is a very emotional game and thats just what happens. And i think the real reason the flag was thrown is because the back judge didnt actually see the hit, he had already moved a little infront of the quarterback after the ball was thrown.

When these teams meet again in the playoffs i really do believe Farragut will be ready for them and play a much better game because i know they are capable of beating Ooltewah, just as much as Ooltewah is capable of beating Farragut again. You never know what is going to happen when two very talented teams in football meet the game could be close or another blow out maybe the reverse result you just never know.

I hope my post does not incurr and further hostility between the two sides because that is not my intent. I am just saying what i thought about the game thats all. I think now we should all move on to the next week and I look forward to these two teams meeting again in the playoffs.