Sullivan North 6-1 (3-1) at Sullivan South 7-0 (4-0)

kingsportfan

Lots of people play when they aren't 100%. The question will be how the ankle will hold up when he goes to make that first cut during the game. Isn't he the safety as well? Lots of stress on that ankle trying to keep up with those rebel receivers. Should be a fun game.

I don't know how his ankle will hold up. What you said is very true. Matt transferred from DB where he would have started in the secondary.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more respect for the Raiders this year, but I still havent seen them play in person, and until I do I just cant get that 49 point first half from last year out of my mind.

South may not win by 40 or 50 points on Friday, but I am confident they will win, might be by 1 point, might be by 60. I used to work with a boy on Norths team, and over the summer he told me that North was gonna be real good this year, and they were going to give South a good game, I just laughed at him. He was right so far, and soon we will see if he was telling the truth or not.

Either way, on Saturday morning, both teams are still very good.

Rebels = 42

Raiders = 21

Go Rebels!

I don't already consider this game a win for South, you evidently like to put words in peoples mouth too. I said they should win, not they are going to win. I have stayed cool headed on here, but I had already said on here that he would play. I respect myself alot, but why would I lie about an injury. You was the one who didn't show respect acusing me of putting up smoke screens. Im not going to b.s. to anybody about North's injuries, there is no need for it. This will be a good game, the best in the area come friday.

Sorry, didn't mean to stir anything up. My information came from a North parent. I hope it is the game of the week. If it's not it should be.

What defensive coverage??™s have seemed to work to slow the Rebel offense? I would prefer an answer, not a 'nothing can stop the Rebels' like statement.

If the Raiders win the opening coin toss, I see them receiving first. Keeping the ball away from Rebel offense will be a premium. To borrow a statement from kingsportfan, the best defense, at times, can be an efficient offense that can grind out first downs while also grinding the clock. I don??™t believe the Raiders will come out flat again this week after facing Tennessee High and Elizabethton in consecutive weeks. I believe they understand what??™s at stake here. A victory is not unattainable, but most likely not realistic. The Raiders can, however, continue fighting for respect, as Tennessee High and Elizabethton seem to still be trying to define the Raiders success as a lull in their programs authority. See it for what it is, the Raiders are built to play a specific style of offense and get after it on defense. They do not have the best athletes in the conference, but they play with what a lot of other schools are missing. Heart won??™t win this game for the Raiders, but from what I can tell, every fan that has watched them play this year realizes they have something their teams are lacking, total confidence. If you are a logical person, you will understand that.

That said, I do not see this game ending in the same manner as most of Sullivan South??™s previous conference victories, 56-14 (SE), 42-0 (SC), 63-21 (JC), 56-6 (UC). Sullivan East is a bad measuring stick, the Raiders also held the Patriots to little on the ground. This game is interesting, not only because of the rivalry in the Mason Dixon Bowl, or because it will go a long way in deciding playoff seeding, but because it is a clash of styles. Run stopping defense verse the spread, bend but not break defense verse run oriented misdirection offense.

My prediction:

Sullivan South 35

Sullivan North 21

Again, I hate to say it, but I will be forgoing the homecoming of my alma mater, Dobyns-Bennett, to attend my first Mason Dixon Bowl. Go Raiders.

THSVikings2004, I??™m interested in your thoughts after seeing you attended the Elizabethton @ Sullivan North game last week.

I think most of North's offensive production will depend on Matt Washington's health. North is a good team overall, but Washington is their playmaker. They give him the ball when they want a touchdown. Without him they are very methodical on offense. Their offense is relatively simple, only running a handful of plays. Thus far it has worked for the Raiders. Behind North, South is the next best defense according to statistics. I believe this will be the toughest defense North will play this season and it will be enough for South to secure a victory. Most of the Elizabethton-North game was played in Elizabethton territory and yet the final score was only 22-14. North should've been able to punch it in a few times more, the goaline stance as the 2nd quarter expired comes to mind.

I've only seen South once this season, in Week Zero when they played Science Hill. As they played I was thinking to myself, "Ok, South is good this year but there not as good as last year." Looking back on that I have to say that I was thinking subjectively. The Rebel defense is better than last year; the running game will be a lot better as long as Fletcher gets his share of carries. They either have more weapons offensively or they are able to better utilize their players with the absence of Curt Philips. Having a balanced attack out of the spread will create difficulties for any defense, which is why I think the Rebels will be playing the day after Thanksgiving.

My prediction for this game is South 35 North 17. Although the Rebels are the clear the favorite, they better not sit on a lead or North will try their hardest to establish a comeback.

What defensive coverage's have seemed to slow the rebels offense down? I would prefer an answer, not a 'nothing can stop the Rebels' like statement. I don't know if anyone can claim that they have slowed the Rebel's offense down. Even though the Rebels only scored 28 points in Week Zero, they had about 200 yards rushing. I do, however, know what will slow down the Rebel's offense. It's called the Black Swarm. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think most of North's offensive production will depend on Matt Washington's health. North is a good team overall, but Washington is their playmaker. They give him the ball when they want a touchdown. Without him they are very methodical on offense. Their offense is relatively simple, only running a handful of plays. Thus far it has worked for the Raiders. Behind North, South is the next best defense according to statistics. I believe this will be the toughest defense North will play this season and it will be enough for South to secure a victory. Most of the Elizabethton-North game was played in Elizabethton territory and yet the final score was only 22-14. North should've been able to punch it in a few times more, the goaline stance as the 2nd quarter expired comes to mind.

I've only seen South once this season, in Week Zero when they played Science Hill. As they played I was thinking to myself, "Ok, South is good this year but there not as good as last year." Looking back on that I have to say that I was thinking subjectively. The Rebel defense is better than last year; the running game will be a lot better as long as Fletcher gets his share of carries. They either have more weapons offensively or they are able to better utilize their players with the absence of Curt Philips. Having a balanced attack out of the spread will create difficulties for any defense, which is why I think the Rebels will be playing the day after Thanksgiving.

My prediction for this game is South 35 North 17. Although the Rebels are the clear the favorite, they better not sit on a lead or North will try their hardest to establish a comeback.

What defensive coverage's have seemed to slow the rebels offense down? I would prefer an answer, not a 'nothing can stop the Rebels' like statement. I don't know if anyone can claim that they have slowed the Rebel's offense down. Even though the Rebels only scored 28 points in Week Zero, they had about 200 yards rushing. I do, however, know what will slow down the Rebel's offense. It's called the Black Swarm.

Yes, they will blitz until they get burnt. And then they will blitz even more.