Post season scores

chasanooga

SC up 8-0 at the half. One of our defenders had a well placed shot for an OG for the final 8-1.

Hats off to the Dekalb team. As a huge fan of soccer, I really appreciated the fact that none of their players got down. They all seemed to be enjoying that they were simply playing the game. I have always tried to convince my daughter that there are good teams and bad, but the most important thing is that the players on both teams WANT to play.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

siegel 2-0 shelbyville

goals tory hawkins and mackinzie gibson

Great game, 0 to 0 at halftime. Siegel is just a little better overall than Shelbyvile. Siegel was relentless the whole game, shot after shot after shot. But I thought Shelbyville hung tough. No lack of effort on their part. Nothing to hang their heads about. Good luck to Siegel, good team, well coached, a lot of class.

CA - 3

Spring Hill - 2

CA goals - Emily Crane, Kate Hayes, Lauren Lomax

SH goals - Mackazyk (PK), Haley Warf

Any details on the Page-Giles game?

Giles County scored the only goal of the game with about 15 minutes left in the 2nd half. Natasha Reynolds (?) scored on a nice goal from about 15 yards out from a tough side angle after beating the defender one on one. GC was effective in slowing down number 24 for Page who is really a nice player. The keeper for Page played very well. As for GC their back 4 continued to play well. Their top defender in Aymett did not have her best game but Upchurch, Moody and Harrison all came through. GC midfielders came to play defense and helped out in the shutout. This was a nice win for GC as Page was a quality opponent. In the end I thought that GC's offensive players were better than Page's defensive players, and as a whole, GC's defense was just a little bit better than Page's offense. This was not an upset, both teams played well and GC was just the better team.

I think the winner of the GC vs CA game is headed to the state tourney. Either of them will handle CPA but I think both of them will be a decided underdog vs FRA.

Giles County scored the only goal of the game with about 15 minutes left in the 2nd half. Natasha Reynolds (?) scored on a nice goal from about 15 yards out from a tough side angle after beating the defender one on one. GC was effective in slowing down number 24 for Page who is really a nice player. The keeper for Page played very well. As for GC their back 4 continued to play well. Their top defender in Aymett did not have her best game but Upchurch, Moody and Harrison all came through. GC midfielders came to play defense and helped out in the shutout. This was a nice win for GC as Page was a quality opponent. In the end I thought that GC's offensive players were better than Page's defensive players, and as a whole, GC's defense was just a little bit better than Page's offense. This was not an upset, both teams played well and GC was just the better team.

I think the winner of the GC vs CA game is headed to the state tourney. Either of them will handle CPA but I think both of them will be a decided underdog vs FRA.

Pulaskivol its great to have someone from Giles Co. posting for their team, but like DonC said in the other thread not many us know that much about your team. Is this a young team with talent for the next couple of years or a heavy laden senior team that is making a run. Either way like DonC said I to like to pull for the underdog...cause we have been there.

I am starting to believe that Tennessee teams are starting to have more parody, While the dominator's are still dominating there are signs that other schools are starting to catch up. For your team and Seymour maybe that is the case.

Pulaskivol its great to have someone from Giles Co. posting for their team, but like DonC said in the other thread not many us know that much about your team. Is this a young team with talent for the next couple of years or a heavy laden senior team that is making a run. Either way like DonC said I to like to pull for the underdog...cause we have been there.

Giles County is an interesting team. Most of the girls have been playing club soccer together since they were little, and while they have mostly played Div. III and Div. II they have been together and training that long. Their talent lays within their junior and senior classes. The coach for GC is new, she was a player for both of the National Championships that Martin College won and she was the player of the year in I think 2005. The girls seem to really like her. She is going to be an outstanding coach in the future. Giles County also added Senior Abby Aymett who had been playing Division I soccer in Huntsville for the HSC Samba squad the last 6 seasons, and was in the 91 Alabama ODP pool the last two seasons. She is coming off an ACL reconstruction last October. Because the AL club and TN high school seasons r at the same time she has not played for GC until this season. She has really solidified GC's back 4. They are tough to score on even though they play a goal keeper who has simply not had any goalie training in her lifetime. GC is strong up top, they have two players that do most of the scoring in Heather Holley and Natasha Reynolds (I think is her last name). Holley is the speedster and Natasha is the powerful finisher. They are by no means a dominant team with a bunch of dominant players, but they play smart soccer, they are eager to get to the ball first and their back 4 has three quality players with the 4th being a little green but very aggresive. I think they are strong enough to get past CPA but will struggle should they have to play FRA next.

Giles County is an interesting team. Most of the girls have been playing club soccer together since they were little, and while they have mostly played Div. III and Div. II they have been together and training that long. Their talent lays within their junior and senior classes. The coach for GC is new, she was a player for both of the National Championships that Martin College won and she was the player of the year in I think 2005. The girls seem to really like her. She is going to be an outstanding coach in the future.

Pulaskivol is correct - she was player of the year in 05. This young Giles County coach, graduated in 08 and also is now the assistant coach for the Redhawks. As Martin Methodist's starting center-mid, she was the most decorated player in the NAIA in 05, earning the NAIA/Brine and NSCAA/adidas NAIA Women's Soccer Player of the Year Award. She was also selected to the First Team All-America, First Team All-Region XI and First Team All-TranSouth Athletic Conference. She was named the TranSouth Conference Player of the Year and the NAIA Region XI Player of the Year. She is from England and before moving to the states she was named the National Women's Football Academy Football Player of the Year in 2003-04, and has trained with the Irish National Team.

Her coach at Martin Methodist has been published twice in the world's leading coaching resource magazine "World Class Coaching" in coaching sessions entitled, "Combination and Penetration" and "Passing to keep Possession". She understands championships and competing to win... I'm sure her program and her very fortunate young soccer players will benefit.

Good Luck GC