Wayne Co. Vs. Collinwood

wchs78

Ok, I know I stated that the last comment might be my last one but after reading some of the other replies...I wanted to say that I agree with.... there shouldn't be any disrespectful comments on here. (I know that's not the word used, but.....)

I watched Remember the Titians last night for the first time. It made me think even though these two schools aren't having the problems that they did there are still problems.

We all need to come together especially in this day and time. Would it not be nice to see both teams go on the field and shake hands not just after the game but before the game...Come together in prayer before the game.

If parents can see this from "our" kids maybe just maybe they can rid their self of some of the rivial C'wood vs. W'boro hate.

I have a son out there and just like every parent I worry about him...

I think thats a great idea.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first to gocats, there is only one poster on here who i honestly belive is a current wchs player, as for the rest who knows its all speculation i dont know if any of the others are and neither do you i bet ?

second greenheart, you get all up in the air when you feel like someone one here has in some way offended your child, but you are on here arguing with someone who most likely is a child ?????????

third, this whole wayne county - vs - collinwood rivalry has been going on for years not a new thing i am older and i have been apart of and witnessed several, several of these events. In the past vandalism, and theft have occured prior to this game,i.e in 1988 or 89 not sure lots of graffiti was painted on wchs gym about how bad c'wood was going to beat wc that year (they did ) in 1990 some one or several someones stole the trojan from in from of chs not to mention endless big talk, has also happend and you know what it means nothing really the kids in this years game and kids from past games didnt actually hate anyone from collinwood or waynesboro most of them and all of us on here have family in both both towns, heck i might even be guilty of some of these things but i dont and never have actually hated anyone from c'wood once the game is over its over its left on the feild ( or at least it should be)

first to gocats, there is only one poster on here who i honestly belive is a current wchs player, as for the rest who knows its all speculation i dont know if any of the others are and neither do you i bet ?

second greenheart, you get all up in the air when you feel like someone one here has in some way offended your child, but you are on here arguing with someone who most likely is a child ?????????

third, this whole wayne county - vs - collinwood rivalry has been going on for years not a new thing i am older and i have been apart of and witnessed several, several of these events. In the past vandalism, and theft have occured prior to this game,i.e in 1988 or 89 not sure lots of graffiti was painted on wchs gym about how bad c'wood was going to beat wc that year (they did ) in 1990 some one or several someones stole the trojan from in from of chs not to mention endless big talk, has also happend and you know what it means nothing really the kids in this years game and kids from past games didnt actually hate anyone from collinwood or waynesboro most of them and all of us on here have family in both both towns, heck i might even be guilty of some of these things but i dont and never have actually hated anyone from c'wood once the game is over its over its left on the feild ( or at least it should be)

Your right I do get up in the air when I feel that somebody has offended my kids. That is just the parent in me and I admit I do need to stop flying off so much, but I don't like feeling that somebody is being someway about my kids...

I know that they can take care of their self, Again that is just me being a parent. My parents always defended us and I haven't really ever saw a too many parents that will not fly off when it comes to their child.

This has been a learning lesson being on here...My son asked me not to write on here anymore because all it does is upset me when things are said bad about C'wood. Then I get mad, and sometimes I comment in haste and really don't think about what I write. So if I have offended anybody I am sorry....It was never my intention.

I agree. I was there and saw the whole thing. Stupid to have a wreath and more so to have it at the game. This makes me sick. In my opinion Mr.Luker is a class act, Mark Statom is a good guy, Collinwood takes great pride in their school and community, emotions were high and people are human and do make mistakes. On both sides! It was an unfortunate series of events but its over. Also, if I was the WCHS coach my players would not be on coach T if all they wanted to do was trash talk. Why give someone else the material to dislike you more. In my opinion TAP3 or who ever is posting under that name should be told that coach t is off limits to him. I would like to see all of us on both sides use some class and post something that might add something to the game. Personal attacks and/or mean spirited comments just add to the rage and breds more stupidity.

AMEN!! What happpened last year was an embarrassment to both schools and cities and needs to be forgotten about.

Everyone involed should be embarrassed by it.

wchs coach, which current c'wood players are posting? I've seen c'wood players post in years past but don't recognize any players by the post this year. Yes its ok to post but how do you back up "i wasnt talkin bout ur kids i was callin you a kid" thats stupid and someone needs to tell him that he will listen too.

i mean you cant that is uncaled for no one should ever say anything like taht on here that may or may not be a kid not just to the person who he was talking to i mean everyone........... another thing iam 17 and no one from c-wood has ever done anything to me from over there but i just get angry when this game comes up because to much anger between teams and i love football more than anyone my age and you never see pros that dont shake hands and say how much the other team is great even if they arent................

I think all the hate comes from all the years that the winner won region or got in the playoffs or got 1st or 2nd in the region....i dont really think anyone hates anyone from either city its just emotions run high when this game comes around...like last year for instance the only reason the stuff that happened happened is because it was for 2nd in the region and a home game and not having to travel to Cascade...and probably this year it will mean alot if WC wins they get 1st and im sure that that is the last thing CW wants to see happen....

contrary to popular belief on these boards, this rivalry normally doesn't carry over past the ball game. closed minded people that believe everything is a personal attack at them and their family always get up in arms and talk about what they are gonna do but never come through with any of it.

the whole deal with the flowers last year was nothing more than bullitin board material for the next year until an adult decided to hit a kid. it was not until that time that any lines had been crossed in the rivalry. i promise you that the flowers were not the worst stunt pulled in this rivalry. in the 90's, the cats rode to cwood with a stuffed dummy of the cwood tailback tied to the front of the bus. another year, the giant trojan head was stolen from cwood and used to make the prettiest bonfire i have ever saw. all of these stunts had one thing in common, they were pulled by kids without the knowledge of adults. this stuff happens. it goes both ways and has hardly any carry over once the game is over. its when adults get involved that we begin to have issues.

so fans from both sides, let the kids play the game. whoever wins, do so with dignity and may the loser do so with his pride intact.

this is my first post in 2 months and the last one i will be making so anyone who may have a smart remark directed towards me, all i can say is get over it and don't expect a reply!

Well, I think the game will be won by either a Max Risner miracle, or a defensive awakening by the Trojans.....

OR, the Rice show begins. Chase Graham is a talented running back, along with Dillon Ward, the offense seems to have too much talent and speed to be held under 35 points. Which makes my point above even more clear.

here is a secret though, I thought the tackles were a little soft when I watched them and they are succeptable to the run.

My prediction

Waynesboro 38

Collinwood 28

Well, I think the game will be won by either a Max Risner miracle, or a defensive awakening by the Trojans.....

OR, the Rice show begins. Chase Graham is a talented running back, along with Dillon Ward, the offense seems to have too much talent and speed to be held under 35 points. Which makes my point above even more clear.

here is a secret though, I thought the tackles were a little soft when I watched them and they are succeptable to the run.

My prediction

Waynesboro 38

Collinwood 28

do u mean waren not ward............ i hope this year will change somethings