Camden @ Stewart Co

Lions4ever

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden is 2 touchdowns better than Lewis County. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

A few of you Milan fans seem enjoy bashing and disrespecting LC, a team that you probably haven't seen play. Before you start throwing negative comments this way you should really look at your own team. I respect Milan and their historic program even if some of their wins are against not so strong teams. If you really look at the schedule you play it's not that impressive. The ONLY non conference game that you play worth bragging about is Camden. You have only played 2 teams with at least 5 wins compared to LC 5. You??™ve rented a team from Memphis every year for at least the past 10 years. And as far as the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years you have played Memphis schools in the first round and 3 of those years you played more than one of those teams. If LC could back up their competition level one or two rounds it would allow us to go further than the 2nd or 3rd round. When you get to rest your starters a round or two you can be in a better position to make a deeper run. I know that it??™s hard to compare teams that don??™t play each other and maybe this year we can meet for the 2nd time, ever (the first and only other time, we won in the playoffs). That??™s after you give the usual beating to 2-8 BTW or 3-7 Carver, then you will have to get by USJ again.

You guys once again are reading my posts all wrong...I never bashed the boys...I said that they had a good team and have a lot to be proud of...I am stating Facts....They have played a weak schedule....They have now beat 1 team (adamsville now) with a winning record... I think that it was classless how the coach ran it up against HC...My opinion is not very high on Holliday from the times that I met him and some other things that people around the program have said about him... I posed the first question as if there was any correlation to the "dirty play" that people talked about from SC to possibly the coaching staff...In the same post I put that I did not see any dirty play from SC during the game!!!

I do not want Coach Holliday's job...Has he turned the program around? Yes it is a mid-level 2A football team...No longer the muffin of 2A football...Will he continue to turn the program around and make noise in the playoffs or be more competitive agaisnt the likes of teams like Camden? That depends on if they get Gleason, Greenfield, and East Hickman off the schedule and better prepare themselves for good teams...They would be much better off going into the playoffs 6-4 or 7-3 and have played someone better than the teams mentioned above...

Look its not bashing, I know you all love your beloved rebels....I did the same thing to Papa when he tlaks like they are ready to beat Alcoa..(jk papa ..just making a point)...I am just giving a fair assement on how good the team really is...And that is a mid-level 2a football team!

No matter how much you protest, it it obvious to anyone who reads these post on a day to day basis that you have something against Stewart County. I also think you have something against Coach Holiday. It's a shame that a grown man wants to trash talk children. You may think what you are saying isn't trash talking but to a 14 to 17 year old boy it is and that's the only opinion that really matters to me.

To me your just a sad, sad little man bearing a hateful grudge that only you know anything about. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

A few of you Milan fans seem enjoy bashing and disrespecting LC, a team that you probably haven't seen play. Before you start throwing negative comments this way you should really look at your own team. I respect Milan and their historic program even if some of their wins are against not so strong teams. If you really look at the schedule you play it's not that impressive. The ONLY non conference game that you play worth bragging about is Camden. You have only played 2 teams with at least 5 wins compared to LC 5. You??™ve rented a team from Memphis every year for at least the past 10 years. And as far as the playoffs 6 of the last 7 years you have played Memphis schools in the first round and 3 of those years you played more than one of those teams. If LC could back up their competition level one or two rounds it would allow us to go further than the 2nd or 3rd round. When you get to rest your starters a round or two you can be in a better position to make a deeper run. I know that it??™s hard to compare teams that don??™t play each other and maybe this year we can meet for the 2nd time, ever (the first and only other time, we won in the playoffs). That??™s after you give the usual beating to 2-8 BTW or 3-7 Carver, then you will have to get by USJ again.

Yea, we haven't played anybody. Just two of the top 5 or 6 teams in AA depending on which poll you look at. But our region is not quite like yours. It's not cupcake city baby!!! We do rent a team so as to get a break from a region that is normally one of the top two in the state. It is down a little bit this year. Your schedule is weaker than normal, some of that is just bad luck but some of it is by choice. Camden has started scheduling up and will enjoy the benefit of it come playoff time. If the Lions go to the Mid-West Quad I fully expect to see them reach the Semi's. It will be interesting to see where SC falls in the mix. I really look for them to be one and done but you never know.

You guys once again are reading my posts all wrong...I never bashed the boys...I said that they had a good team and have a lot to be proud of...I am stating Facts....They have played a weak schedule....They have now beat 1 team (adamsville now) with a winning record... I think that it was classless how the coach ran it up against HC...My opinion is not very high on Holliday from the times that I met him and some other things that people around the program have said about him... I posed the first question as if there was any correlation to the "dirty play" that people talked about from SC to possibly the coaching staff...In the same post I put that I did not see any dirty play from SC during the game!!!

I do not want Coach Holliday's job...Has he turned the program around? Yes it is a mid-level 2A football team...No longer the muffin of 2A football...Will he continue to turn the program around and make noise in the playoffs or be more competitive agaisnt the likes of teams like Camden? That depends on if they get Gleason, Greenfield, and East Hickman off the schedule and better prepare themselves for good teams...They would be much better off going into the playoffs 6-4 or 7-3 and have played someone better than the teams mentioned above...

Look its not bashing, I know you all love your beloved rebels....I did the same thing to Papa when he tlaks like they are ready to beat Alcoa..(jk papa ..just making a point)...I am just giving a fair assement on how good the team really is...And that is a mid-level 2a football team!

listen, yes..you did state some facts, but you know what, you ARE bashing those kids. but Nobody cares about it anymore, it's in the past, and we want to start talking about the lions play-offs.

Seems as if SC has haulted the "talk" since they got blasted by Camden as well.....When you realize your not the 72 dolphins...I quit telling you your not..

1972 dolphins eh? Obviously you have not done your research. If you were trying to compare SC to a great team, you should have compared them to The 2007 Colts or the 2008 Patriots or even the 1999 Broncos.

Well, the competion only gets better next year with them going to 3A with Camden. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As long as they keep Gleason, Greenfield, and East Hickman off the schedule...You can not run from your region opponents...But you do schedule your non-region games, correct?

Hey GOT GAME or shuld I say got no game. You have blasted the REBS all year. It would not matter who we played if we had won they would be a cupcake team or they were having a bad night. So in the real world your opinion really does not matter. SC scheulde has been explained in earlier post of how this games came about, but I guess you either did not read it or you just want to bash. SC never has said or even bragged about being the 72 Dolphins. I do not beleive that anyone is taking anything you have to say out of context. BASHING is BASHING no matter what you call it. It's funny NO ONE ever complained about this schelude when SC was everyone's homecoming. Now that the SC fans have something to cheer about all you want to do is bash. BASH away that just gives SC more reason to prove you wrong.

Remeber WE ARE SC.

Who have you beat that was a good team? Adamsville is a stretch...Stating facts about your schedule and the true cvalue of this team is not bashing its telling the truth through non-gold and black glasses...And my favorite quote to defend, "It's funny NO ONE ever complained about this schelude when SC was everyone's homecoming"...Well of course....but guys were not on here over-evaluating the rebels day in and day out either...

Oh yeah and go to the mirror and tell ecorob "hi"...We all love how you like to talk to yourself!

Got game or whoever made that post about SC running up the score on Houston CO. I was at that game HC showed upat around 7:10 wearing there Home jersies. Commenting this is our house You dont do things you cant back up!

The showing up at the game 10 mins before kickoff is a method used a few times before from both sides of the rivalry... 03 and 04 HC had plenty o f reason to run it up(the fight)...But the starters never saw the 4th quarter in either game (04 never saw the second half)

Also what was Hollidays first season 03 or 04?

No matter how much you protest, it it obvious to anyone who reads these post on a day to day basis that you have something against Stewart County. I also think you have something against Coach Holiday. It's a shame that a grown man wants to trash talk children. You may think what you are saying isn't trash talking but to a 14 to 17 year old boy it is and that's the only opinion that really matters to me.

To me your just a sad, sad little man bearing a hateful grudge that only you know anything about. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I think that Coach Holliday showed no class in the HC game....Some other moves that I do not quiete agree with as well...

I am not bashing...I jsut said you are not what your record indicates...You have won some games against some bad teams(exception adamsville...average)...You have lost all games you played agaisnt good/above average teams...I think you would be better suited come playoff time if you had a 7-3 record, but had played some other teams instead of the likes of greenfield, gleason, and east hickman!!

When did stating facts become trash talk?

listen, yes..you did state some facts, but you know what, you ARE bashing those kids. but Nobody cares about it anymore, it's in the past, and we want to start talking about the lions play-offs.

Lions playoffs? How am I bashing kids by stating facts...

1972 dolphins eh? Obviously you have not done your research. If you were trying to compare SC to a great team, you should have compared them to The 2007 Colts or the 2008 Patriots or even the 1999 Broncos.

First off, the records of the teams that Milan have played equal a whopping 41-50. Milan usually has a very strong region schedule. The region is down this year. However, Milan has played and beaten 2 of the state's top 5 teams. That is pretty good. No one else has done that.

The records of the teams that Lewis Co. has played is 42-49. That is a lot tougher. for sure. You have played more teams with with winning records, but it is closer than you make it sound. Also, when you win your region, you get those easier 1st round games. That's how it works.

Hey got game I am not ecorob. He is a friend of mine. So before you start assuming things you need to do a little research first. By the way this is my real name not a penname to hide behind. I will give ecorob your regards the next time I talk to him.

BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER WE ARE SC. It's ashame they don't make Black and Gold glasses maybe your world would not be so depressing.