Greenbrier Vs. Macon County

FootballAce

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Sounds like someone is nervous about losing the disguise. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

I think the game may suprise everyone. It will be much closer than 4 TDs. If the kids from Macon can put a complete game together, which they have only done once this year, they will disappoint Greenbrier's faithful. One of their many downfalls this year is giving up the big play. Having their opponents on a long 3rd down and instead of stopping them and getting good field postion they let them complete a 30 yard pass or a 25 yard run to continue the drive. It seems on most of these occasions after the big play they lose heart, on that drive, and their oppenents score. They also have to quit taking their big plays away with penalties, several times this year maybe in every game they have done this. Both lines need to do a better job as well. Especially need to work on the run stopping. I think the game will be within a touchdown.

Macon spoils Greenbrier's night Macon 20 and Greenbrier 13

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious!! Now "my" head hurts! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

No I am definitely not that guy, he was annoying. He sounded completely fake, but he at least made an effort to try to encourage the kids. I do wish Macon County fans would yell and scream a little more, last year the whole crowd was into it. I think our kids feed off our emotions in the stands. That maybe why we are so flat this year. I have noticed the only time our crowd gets into it anymore is when there is a horrible call. Maybe the refs will do us a favor and make the first call completely off (hopefully if they do it will be the only one they get wrong) and get our crowd pumped up. That way our fans might yell and scream a little more and pump up our kids for the whole game. We need a complete game effort not just a quarter or a half.

And to NoDoubt we have the normal injuries as ever team gets throughout the season but that is not our biggest problem this year.

I think Macon takes this one Macon 18 Greenbrier 14

No I am definitely not that guy, he was annoying. He sounded completely fake, but he at least made an effort to try to encourage the kids. I do wish Macon County fans would yell and scream a little more, last year the whole crowd was into it. I think our kids feed off our emotions in the stands. That maybe why we are so flat this year. I have noticed the only time our crowd gets into it anymore is when there is a horrible call. Maybe the refs will do us a favor and make the first call completely off (hopefully if they do it will be the only one they get wrong) and get our crowd pumped up. That way our fans might yell and scream a little more and pump up our kids for the whole game. We need a complete game effort not just a quarter or a half.

And to NoDoubt we have the normal injuries as ever team gets throughout the season but that is not our biggest problem this year.

I haven't play football for many years and I have a question. And first of all this is not a slam on some kid that plays this positition because I see more than one kid doing the same thing. I've notice that our defensive ends stand straight up, flat footed, and "catch" the tightend or blocking back that is trying to block them. They don't even attempt to get any penetration. Sycamore ran NUMEROUS plays over our defensive ends. Is this method taught? The one play we had a defensive end get some penetration last Fri nite he recovered a fumble. This may be the "new" way to play defensive end but it seems to me that Sycamore really exploited this. Has anyone else noticed this or is there a coach on here that can explain this to me. Maybe it's certain defense or certain situation..but it's something I don't understand?.....anyone????

I think that Greenbrier just has too much speed(skill positions) and wins a close one......Greenbrier 21-20 Macon Co. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I haven't play football for many years and I have a question. And first of all this is not a slam on some kid that plays this positition because I see more than one kid doing the same thing. I've notice that our defensive ends stand straight up, flat footed, and "catch" the tightend or blocking back that is trying to block them. They don't even attempt to get any penetration. Sycamore ran NUMEROUS plays over our defensive ends. Is this method taught? The one play we had a defensive end get some penetration last Fri nite he recovered a fumble. This may be the "new" way to play defensive end but it seems to me that Sycamore really exploited this. Has anyone else noticed this or is there a coach on here that can explain this to me. Maybe it's certain defense or certain situation..but it's something I don't understand?.....anyone????

Well now that you mentioned it Macon never adjusted friday night, our defencive ends never come up field you are right. Looks like to me they would have dropped down in a six man front , when one of the gaurds pulled the line man head up just go with him. The line backers should also have read the gaurd. Then that stops the middle run, now back to the ends Macon has never played an end down the line , your end has got to keep the play turned in or at least string it out as i said down the line never let a sweep or pitch get outside. If the end turns it back in the backers should be there to help. Your right it looks like to me the end either catches the tight end or crashes down witch in return takes him out of the play either way. Even back with the 03 team the ends crashed in but we had some very fast line backers and they played the sweeps very well not taking anything away from this years players i just think you should coach your team to what talent you got not just do it the way you have always done it. Six man front ends stopping the outside Macon has a chance to win. Make them beat you throwing the ball.

It's not a "new" way of doing it. I'm pretty sure they've never been taught to stand straight up, flat footed and get pushed all over the field. If you ask me it's just laziness and not wanting to fire off the ball.

It's not a "new" way of doing it. I'm pretty sure they've never been taught to stand straight up, flat footed and get pushed all over the field. If you ask me it's just laziness and not wanting to fire off the ball.

I'd go along with that if they were lined down in a 3 or 4 point stance....they don't line down....they start the play standing straight up and never move toward the line of scrimmage...that's why I feel like that's what they are told to do??....

I'd go along with that if they were lined down in a 3 or 4 point stance....they don't line down....they start the play standing straight up and never move toward the line of scrimmage...that's why I feel like that's what they are told to do??....

I think the reason they are standing up at the beginning is to make it easier to read their keys and read motion. I could be wrong but I think this has something to do with it. But I can gaurantee you they are not taught to line up standing straight up and to just stand there when the ball is snapped.

I'm not who you don't think I am... /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Just say who's who. I'm having amnesia and deja vue at the same time... /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

I think they're too busy working out who they're not. Read this and tell me it doesn't make you smile a little...

"And how i think i know who you are talking about is the person you think i am you said got hurt. ok now the person who i think that you think is me is a good friend to someone in my family. I told the person in my family what was going on and he has talked to the person who we think you say that i am."

My gosh... I don't even know who I am anymore.

Hilarious!! Now "my" head hurts! /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

ogor,

No Doubt's the guy I talk about at practice...and guess what? He's not from Macon Co. and he's playin' hurt right now. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think he's startin' to feel a bit more like his old self...whoever that is. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

ogor,

No Doubt's the guy I talk about at practice...and guess what? He's not from Macon Co. and he's playin' hurt right now. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think he's startin' to feel a bit more like his old self...whoever that is. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> You are funny.

Hey, that gives me an idea. The school has Powder Puff games for the girls. I think they should have a game for the Old Dads. That would be one I'd pay to watch. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Started and ENDED with TACOLA SEAY!!! LOL

Why so quite here lately? Some of the things you have said are harder to say when the people listening know what coward it is coming from!!! What was it that you whined about your senior year? TC1

Who is He. Ha ha I have never played aginst him. Nathan grace nor anyone else on here know who i am. You may think you do but i promise you dont, for all you know i dont even live in tennessee. You shouldn't assume anything. Didn't your parents teach you that? So if you know who i am Tell everyone on here. Because since ya know you should be responsible for the consiquences of being wrong !lol