7AAA

spartaman

BB, its difficult to know where to start but I do agree with the last poster and he was to the point. He is right and you are not "just between adults". I would imagine you knew that by issueing an apology. But lets post generally. Coaches do a great deal more than coach basketball but they really like to win also for their team, for their school and having ego's, for themselves and trhe acknowledgement of their peers. They recognize the needs of their players and realize that basketball without a Student/Athlete doing well in the classroom is a personal failure. Recognition in the community is important to attract students to want to play. This is all part of preparing a student for a schlorship if they so wish and can qualify. Being critical of another player for one's selfish interests is not desirable nor attractive on this site. It may have blown your schools chance to go to state and the attitudes of others who have the same aspirations as you do, how seeming you might think it was unintended. Your coach is the Coach and if I were you, I would find some way rather than this forum, to generate some communication with the coaching staff. That might be difficult to do right now but, long term, one of them might make a suggestion as to what your player might need to do to increase PT. After someone read my post, I received a phone call and was told of an interesting senario that solved a PT situation as the parent sent a player to talk to the coach herself and the parent spent some time with the player explaining what to say and how to do it. It was a learning situation for the player to do that themselves. Coach CH and every coach I know of, and their staff do everything well and are in charge. With the right surroundings, they can even listen to suggestions and consult as to how players might get better. I can tell tht a parents wishes and a Coaches wishes in a situation like this are the same, only, there is only one Girls Coach and staff at that school. I posted your schools records for this year and realizing 7AAA girls basketball is very tough this year, your team and your Coach have done very well this year while the fans would have been happier undefeated. While others may not think as I do and you, I'm sure, don't want to cause any more confusion, somewhere along the line discussing the PT of your player with someone with the coaching staff would be desirable or have the player to do so.. I can tell by your consistant posts that this is bothering you and it shouldn't.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't happen to see it either but the stat sheet is the best thing to look at if you don't see a game and it will tell you 90% of the time what happened if you've seen the team play before and understand the coaching style. Sometimes when a coach changes his coaching style in a game, its not accurate. The score is always accurate.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Bloggers: I am getting the feel that many of you think I am associated with the Lady Blaze. But I'm not. I have a daughter who loves the Lady Blaze and has attended one of their camps. We do follow Blackman basketball and has seen the majority of their games. As far as approaching Coach H, I have no connection and CoachT allows me to express myself. My opinion has been inspired by parents, faculty and fans who unfortunately talk out loud. But out of respect to everyone, I will keep my personal views to myself. And I wish them well. Go Blaze!

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Bloggers: I am getting the feel that many of you think I am associated with the Lady Blaze. But I'm not. I have a daughter who loves the Lady Blaze and has attended one of their camps. We do follow Blackman basketball and has seen the majority of their games. As far as approaching Coach H, I have no connection and CoachT allows me to express myself. My opinion has been inspired by parents, faculty and fans who unfortunately talk out loud. But out of respect to everyone, I will keep my personal views to myself. And I wish them well. Go Blaze!

BB, I hope that all of this has not been a hassle about a middle school parent trying to interfere with a Coach at a High School that they do not even attend. If that is the case, now they will be looking for you in both places and irregardless now, this is above my paygrade to understand and all of these other posters can sift thru this. Do I believe you? Only because you say it is true. Does it sound feasible? I would say not. Which HS are you zoned for?

To quote PHargis, "7AAA girls basketball is very tough this year". Tough and very exciting to watch. We live in the midst of a basketball mecca and should commend our coaches and athletes for their hard work. I have witnessed Seniors to Freshman hitting the floor and laying it all out. Many of these athletes and coaches work dilligently during the season and AAU season to improve their game. I take great pride in seeing these talented young ladies excel.

To quote PHargis, "7AAA girls basketball is very tough this year". Tough and very exciting to watch. We live in the midst of a basketball mecca and should commend our coaches and athletes for their hard work. I have witnessed Seniors to Freshman hitting the floor and laying it all out. Many of these athletes and coaches work dilligently during the season and AAU season to improve their game. I take great pride in seeing these talented young ladies excel.

Some may have missed the detail of your response. 7AAA happens to be in a mecca of High School Girls basketball and other sports in Tennessee and one which during both the AAU and High School season a lot of peeps are involved in improving their game. Basketball, softball, soccer, volleyball all plus around the year training are a part of a female athletes life plus those who teach and train skills in AAU, Club and Travel ball and the many parents who take the time to understand and help enjoy this with them. And quietfan, and i enjoy that name very much, there is method to the madness and teaching valuable life skills that is with them for a lifetime. Is it worth it? IMO,it sure is because the teaching of work ethics and the sense of hard work that can be carried forward not only from this generation but hopefully to many generations in the future. And many wonder why is the time spent on these things during ones life important and the answer is the reality that seeing players reach goals early only gives them a taste of realizing what can be done in the rest of their life with the same effort and sometime later on being to look at what they do and look at what they have achieved and understand the Value of High School Coaching along with the other coaching done is important. And while some parents lose sight, for the moment, and look at the selfish part of what happens and really you would expect them to its their child, have patience because High School Coaches have almost as much interest in your child and certainly have more to deal with than just the x's and o's of the sport but life changing skills that will be with them the rest of their life. And yes,parentshave to deal with the impatience and disappointments of their athlete and the frustrations of themselves for working hard and not quite achieving the results, something is learned from the effort and thats to realize there is still something gained from the effort and thats the realization that something is gained from an almost total success and its hard sometimes to see but its there. Sorry for the soapbox on this subject but there seems at this time of the year every year, the impatience of concerned people about PT and winning championships overshadow the fine work our High School coaches do and the middle Tennessee area and for that matter the State Of Tennessee have some of the best in the nation. Got that off my chest. And thank you quietfan for giving me the format to do it.

District recaps by school going into the last week

District Schedule

Division I Class AAA Region 4 District 7

This result chart is based only on scores reported to CoachT.com.

Cookeville 19-7 (11-1)

Tue Jan. 13 Blackman +2 W 32-30

Fri Feb. 6 at Blackman +7 W 42-35

Tue Jan. 20 at Lebanon +16 W 51-35

Fri Feb. 13 Lebanon

Fri Jan. 9 at Oakland +20 W 48-28

Tue Feb. 3 Oakland +30 W 59-29

Tue Dec. 9 #8 Riverdale +3 W 52-49

Sat Dec. 20 #8 Riverdale -2 L 45-47

Fri Jan. 23 at #8 Riverdale -12 L 37-49

Fri Dec. 12 at Siegel +4 W 52-48

Tue Jan. 27 Siegel +9 W 52-43

Fri Jan. 16 Warren Co. +30 W 69-39

Tue Feb. 10 at Warren Co.

Tue Jan. 6 White Co. +9 W 48-39

Fri Jan. 30 at White Co. +5 W 55-50

Riverdale 21-4 (9-3)

Tue Jan. 6 at Blackman -3 L 51-54

Fri Jan. 30 Blackman +6 W 58-52

Tue Dec. 9 at #13 Cookeville -3 L 49-52

Sat Dec. 20 at #13 Cookeville +2 W 47-45

Fri Jan. 23 #13 Cookeville +12 W 49-37

Tue Jan. 13 at Lebanon +17 W 55-38

Fri Feb. 6 Lebanon +19 W 65-46

Fri Dec. 12 Oakland +46 W 73-27

Tue Jan. 27 at Oakland +32 W 66-34

Tue Jan. 20 Siegel +10 W 64-54

Fri Feb. 13 at Siegel

Fri Jan. 9 Warren Co. +40 W 80-40

Tue Feb. 3 at Warren Co. +37 W 76-39

Fri Jan. 16 at White Co. -31 L 32-63

Tue Feb. 10 White Co.

Blackman 13-7 (8-4)

Tue Jan. 13 at #13 Cookeville -2 L 30-32

Fri Feb. 6 #13 Cookeville -7 L 35-42

Sat Dec. 13 at Lebanon +12 W 47-35

Tue Jan. 27 Lebanon +11 W 40-29

Fri Jan. 16 at Oakland +16 W 50-34

Tue Feb. 10 Oakland

Tue Jan. 6 #8 Riverdale +3 W 54-51

Fri Jan. 30 at #8 Riverdale -6 L 52-58

Fri Jan. 9 at Siegel +12 W 56-44

Tue Feb. 3 Siegel -4 L 47-51

Tue Dec. 9 Warren Co. +19 W 50-31

Fri Jan. 23 at Warren Co. +26 W 53-27

Tue Jan. 20 White Co. +9 W 42-33

Fri Feb. 13 at White Co.

White County 18-5 (7-5)

Tue Jan. 20 at Blackman -9 L 33-42

Fri Feb. 13 Blackman

Tue Jan. 6 at #13 Cookeville -9 L 39-48

Fri Jan. 30 #13 Cookeville -5 L 50-55

Fri Jan. 9 Lebanon +4 W 59-55

Tue Feb. 3 at Lebanon -6 L 52-58

Tue Jan. 13 Oakland +39 W 59-20

Fri Feb. 6 at Oakland +8 W 41-33

Fri Jan. 16 #8 Riverdale +31 W 63-32

Tue Feb. 10 at #8 Riverdale

Tue Dec. 9 Siegel +18 W 52-34

Fri Jan. 23 at Siegel -16 L 36-52

Fri Dec. 12 at Warren Co. +22 W 46-24

Tue Jan. 27 Warren Co. +25 W 73-48

Siegel 15-8 (7-5)

Fri Jan. 9 Blackman -12 L 44-56

Tue Feb. 3 at Blackman +4 W 51-47

Fri Dec. 12 #13 Cookeville -4 L 48-52

Tue Jan. 27 at #13 Cookeville -9 L 43-52

Fri Jan. 16 Lebanon +5 W 56-51

Tue Feb. 10 at Lebanon

Tue Jan. 6 at Oakland +31 W 61-30

Fri Jan. 30 Oakland +7 W 32-25

Tue Jan. 20 at #8 Riverdale -10 L 54-64

Fri Feb. 13 #8 Riverdale

Tue Jan. 13 Warren Co. +20 W 63-43

Fri Feb. 6 at Warren Co. +27 W 72-45

Tue Dec. 9 at White Co. -18 L 34-52

Fri Jan. 23 White Co. +16 W 52-36

Lebanon 8-13 (5-7)

Sat Dec. 13 Blackman -12 L 35-47

Tue Jan. 27 at Blackman -11 L 29-40

Tue Jan. 20 #13 Cookeville -16 L 35-51

Fri Feb. 13 at #13 Cookeville

Tue Dec. 9 at Oakland +16 W 52-36

Fri Jan. 23 Oakland +11 W 56-45

Tue Jan. 13 #8 Riverdale -17 L 38-55

Fri Feb. 6 at #8 Riverdale -19 L 46-65

Fri Jan. 16 at Siegel -5 L 51-56

Tue Feb. 10 Siegel

Tue Jan. 6 at Warren Co. +23 W 67-44

Fri Jan. 30 Warren Co. +28 W 71-43

Fri Jan. 9 at White Co. -4 L 55-59

Tue Feb. 3 White Co. +6 W 58-52

Oakland 4-18 (1-11)

Fri Jan. 16 Blackman -16 L 34-50

Tue Feb. 10 at Blackman

Fri Jan. 9 #13 Cookeville -20 L 28-48

Tue Feb. 3 at #13 Cookeville -30 L 29-59

Tue Dec. 9 Lebanon -16 L 36-52

Fri Jan. 23 at Lebanon -11 L 45-56

Fri Dec. 12 at #8 Riverdale -46 L 27-73

Tue Jan. 27 #8 Riverdale -32 L 34-66

Tue Jan. 6 Siegel -31 L 30-61

Fri Jan. 30 at Siegel -7 L 25-32

Tue Jan. 20 at Warren Co. +9 W 45-36

Fri Feb. 13 Warren Co.

Tue Jan. 13 at White Co. -39 L 20-59

Fri Feb. 6 White Co. -8 L 33-41

Warren County 4-19 (0-12)

Tue Dec. 9 at Blackman -19 L 31-50

Fri Jan. 23 Blackman -26 L 27-53

Fri Jan. 16 at #13 Cookeville -30 L 39-69

Tue Feb. 10 #13 Cookeville

Tue Jan. 6 Lebanon -23 L 44-67

Fri Jan. 30 at Lebanon -28 L 43-71

Tue Jan. 20 Oakland -9 L 36-45

Fri Feb. 13 at Oakland

Fri Jan. 9 at #8 Riverdale -40 L 40-80

Tue Feb. 3 #8 Riverdale -37 L 39-76

Tue Jan. 13 at Siegel -20 L 43-63

Fri Feb. 6 Siegel -27 L 45-72

Fri Dec. 12 White Co. -22 L 24-46

Tue Jan. 27 at White Co. -25 L 48-73

This is why I am NO LONGER A COACHT PLUS MEMBER !!! There was not ONE derogatory remark made about any player on the Warren County team on that thread, which had nearly 10,500 hits on that site. Are fans fed up with the Coach ?? YOU BETCHA !!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD, its true that the WC site has been active all year from the first of the season and maybe generally for the same reason in Girls Basketball, a concern by some but can't tell how many of the total athletic program at the school. Bashing coaches is not the right reasoning for doing it but news about the concern likely is more of a reason and maybe this poster is wrong. RD, your explanation is likely the reason with a moderator trying to delete posts and got more than he/she could make it work. Likely, if is the wishes of those who had something to do with closing the site and I'm not sure how it came about, the site might be reopened starting from scratch to allow 7AAA fans and fans of the school to get information which seems has stopped showing up such as scores which are not even being called in to the Tennessean and school stats which are the same. I'm not sure what is going on but 7AAA fans are due information from a member school. Its certainly a sad way for the District to wind up ending it's relationship with the school and District Tournament in the last throws of its tenure. I would hope that maybe the fine folks from Warren will at least continue posting on this site and that any disputes concerning any thing at WC can be mediated internally. There is a point made that 10500 hits certainly showed interest in the subject but if most of them were concentrated on one item then rules are rules and looking at them need to be done.

This is why I am NO LONGER A COACHT PLUS MEMBER !!! There was not ONE derogatory remark made about any player on the Warren County team on that thread, which had nearly 10,500 hits on that site. Are fans fed up with the Coach ?? YOU BETCHA !!! The "SWAMI" has spoken !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trying to pile on here, but I saw several things that surprised me it was not closed sooner. I understand the passions of the fans and parents, and can feel for them. And while most of the posts dealt with feelings about the coach, some denigrated the players as a group by attributing their attitude and effort as a response to the coach. I agree with Phargis, hope the WC fans still come on and let us know how much better next year is. Think positive, sunshine and light.

I wouldnt quite call this a basketball mecca but it is very competitive here. A football mecca most definitely but not a basketball mecca

Not trying to pile on here, but I saw several things that surprised me it was not closed sooner. I understand the passions of the fans and parents, and can feel for them. And while most of the posts dealt with feelings about the coach, some denigrated the players as a group by attributing their attitude and effort as a response to the coach. I agree with Phargis, hope the WC fans still come on and let us know how much better next year is. Think positive, sunshine and light.

KF, I don't want the fans of WC to think that a county who once had a leadership roll in High Scchool Ahtletics should be satisfied with anything in their life that they cannot be proud of. All schools in 7AAA have the same goals, the betterment of their students. It's encouraging to see a movement to do that but not at the expense of any of the Student/athletes and i think those thoughts were misunderstood. But a stride for excellence was not misunderstood and hopefully the pride of being good in their schools can soon reemerge if it has diminished. Great people with the finest work ethic and care for their fellow citizens I have seen.

KF, I don't want the fans of WC to think that a county who once had a leadership roll in High Scchool Ahtletics should be satisfied with anything in their life that they cannot be proud of. All schools in 7AAA have the same goals, the betterment of their students. It's encouraging to see a movement to do that but not at the expense of any of the Student/athletes and i think those thoughts were misunderstood. But a stride for excellence was not misunderstood and hopefully the pride of being good in their schools can soon reemerge if it has diminished. Great people with the finest work ethic and care for their fellow citizens I have seen.

I think we are in agreement here. If mine came across different, I am sorry.

Keeping to the Girls Basketball thread, when I saw them play, they worked hard and fought hard. I never saw any of the "give up" attitude that a few attributed to the Lady Pioneers dissatisfaction with their coach. I know that this is not the general attitude of the WC fans,but as negative as that thread turned there at the end, I think that it just snowballed and it needed to be shut down.

I don't know the situation well enough to comment on what appears to be the politics of the situation. Before any one jumps on the next statement, it is just an observation. In the game that I saw, I thought the coach did an ok job during the game. Whether it be basketball, softball, soccer,volleyball or badmitton, sometimes the coach asks players to make adjustments during the game, that are the right idea, but left to the ability of the player to execute. Not necessarily a talent thing, sometimes you just have a bad day individually and/or collectively.

I think that the realignment is going to hurt those left in Rutherford County. In my opinion not making the bus trip, knowing that you are going to have to get off the bus after an hour or so, and play a high quality opponent may hurt the preparation for regional play come tournament time in all sports. All my best future wishes for those currently in 7AAA.