The Arcentae Broome incident

TronCarter

Fair enough. Let me make it clear that I do have respect for any coach that coaches one of these teams, because there is no way in the world you could get me to go into that level of disrespect and coach a team. Maybe Metro football will improve with this reclassification, couldn't get much lower.

The reclassification will not help metro football. i dont blame the sumner county teams for not wanting to play us anymore but i believe that it has more to do with gates than disrespect. back to the reclass, there will be no metro teams making any money for their team. i will be the first to say that our crowds are less than pitiful and i dont see any change to that. when it comes to players not respecting their coaches i can only speak of my experience. i learned along time ago from buddy that you never take anything personal on the practice or game field. if you show up and work hard, coach hard, and care hard there is no limit to what players will give you. i would believe this to be true everywhere.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High school football programs across anywhere deal with the same crap.

If you want your sons to be , then play basketball or soccer and NEVER touch a football!

You had me until that last statement - then your ignorance became apparent.

There is an old myth out there that football makes a boy a man - I disagree. I know a lot of (shall I use your word) that play(ed) football. They think they're men because they put on a pair of pads and a helmet every Friday night. But they're stupid little boys stuck in big men's bodies who think brute force can take you where you want to go.

Don't throw down on other sports to make your point here. Our school has tons of boys that play both football and basketball and I wouldn't use your colorful term to describe any of them. Too bad this is an anonymous board because I'm sure several of them would love to stop by your house and chat with you about your opinion on basketball and soccer in a civilized and mature manner. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

There is an old myth out there that football makes a boy a man - I disagree. I know a lot of that play(ed) football. They think they're men because they put on a pair of pads and a helmet every Friday night. But they're stupid little boys stuck in big men's bodies who think brute force can take you where you want to go.

Don't throw down on other sports to make your point here. Our school has tons of boys that play both football and basketball and I wouldn't use your colorful term to describe any of them. Too bad this is an anonymous board because I'm sure several of them would love to stop by your house and chat with you about your opinion on basketball and soccer in a civilized and mature manner. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Wow, talk about problems, you must of had a bad football experience /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Wow, talk about problems, you must of had a bad football experience /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Tut................good to see you again. Most of the real football "experts" are the ones that have never had sweat run down the crack of that butt on a warm August afternoon, but they sure know how to critique each and every play and block and tackle.

Danny Murtaugh of the Pittsburg Pirates once said it best "Forbes Field is always full of "experts"; I just wish they would put down their BEER and come on down out of the stands and give me some help!" /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Guest PoppycockProfessor

Shoulda just put em in a cage and let em fight.

Like chickens n' stuff. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

You can say what you want. It must have taken a lot for Coach Broome to have did what he did. I have known Broome for mannnnnyyy years, and it takes a lot to get him ticked off to put his hands on someone. This kid, I did not see the incident, must have said something very off the wall. I am not saying Broome was right, but these incidents used to be handled in a different way. The parents respected the coaches, and we called it a day.

My guess is this is an incident that could have been predicted. This kid did not become disrespectful during this game. I'm pretty sure the signs where there.

Does a coach not just kick a player off the team anymore before it becomes a problem?

To me that's the most logical solution. And cursing a coach is not one of those things where there should be a second chance. It's a pity that this young man seems to have played football and learned nothing from the experience. I suspect he'll become acquainted with the police, if he isn't already.

There is an old myth out there that football makes a boy a man - I disagree. I know a lot of (shall I use your word) that play(ed) football. They think they're men because they put on a pair of pads and a helmet every Friday night. But they're stupid little boys stuck in big men's bodies who think brute force can take you where you want to go.

You have every right to your say and I respect that.. I know I might have downplayed basketball , baseball, soccer, whatever... but when you get down to in and look at the next level of sports, you cannot deny the fact that football will always be king over basketball. There are great athletes in basketball, soccer, baseball, volleyball and what not... but if a parent is going to get all pissy over some coaches contact with a equipped player, then I hope they will move in with their kids and go to practices IF they ever play college or pro ball!

I mean you think some parent would ever go after Bobby Knight???

I think Dan Hawkins (Colorado Buff FB coach) said it best - "If you don't want to be a part of it - GO PLAY INTRAMURALS BROTHER!"