THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

congradulations to the science hill jv team, they finished their season with a win over db indians tonight 24 /7. great game . makes friday even more exciting. should be a great game . hope its a close game

go toppers

The Jv games can be a great learning time for those young men.I hope both teams came out of the game without any injuries and both sides gave it all they had in front of their family and friends.Roll Tribe

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for clearing that up THSViking... That all seems right and Bliss should have touched on that since he wrote an article about it. But Bliss is still the best around for North East TN Football or Basketball.

And so it is clear... I sure hope the Vikings take care of the South Rebels Friday Night. Just for giggles. 44-00, ani't that right WaCo?

With all that said... Bearden will destroy Jeff Co. I think the Pats have packed it in, weeks ago. I expected that #2 Sylvester was going to play "some" against Campbell Co., but the bad weather put that on ice. What are the thoughts of playing Sylvester against SH? It seems like Graham Clark is being very cautious this season about his players. To me, he is playing more for the line-up on week 11 than he is for the Regular Season. One thing for use, the Indians have built better depth as this season has gone on than in years past.

Just look in the Defensive Backfield for confirmation. Kevin Kay, Brandon Brewster and Derrick Steele, all are seasoned vetrans now. Compare that to the beginning of the year. Add Sylvester and the DB DB's are very solid.

And tricitiessportsfan... Kevin Kay should have been credited for an INT last week at Campbell County, right?

Roll Tribe Roll

The backfield has gained depth playing all them youngsters,but to say they are solid is an overstatement,especially on the end sweeps and long passes.

Hey Topper fans.... what does TTKKA mean?

I had a Science Hill fan stop by this morning and stick that note on my desk. Also he made some bold predictions:

AA (Ashlon Adams) will not score and will be injured in the game

Chris Sensabaugh will not be able to play by the 4th qtr due to the beating he will take

Hill Toppers over the Indians 35-17

Coach Smith is going to be on AM640 The Morning Monster on Wed.

Roll Tribe Roll

denlron has a big head because his Ooltewah Owls beat Farragut and that was impressive. But, what he does not know (by buying into the whole DB chokes in the 1st round lie), that since 2000 DB has only 2 first round losses, as does Ooltewah, (wow did you not just call out DB for the same thing, better check your stats before you sling mud there_). However denlron, DB made the playoff every year since 2000 (actually since 92), which before that DB kills the Owls in playoff appearences) and Ooltewah did not (because Ooltewah first showed in 200 playoffs). So it looks like to me, you called out DB, but your Owls have done worse. Pretty funny. You should do some research. And further DB has 2 semis games since 2000 as does Ooltewah, but DB has 3 quarter appearances, your owls have none. So basically since 2000, DB owns you in the playoffs, look it up. Also, Ooltewah has about 200-300 more students during this time. Sorry, you lose

denlron, you do need to do a better job of the facts.

But, the problem with buz is his selective reasoning. DB is the all time champion of being the team that has the most and does the least. The Owls were not the top seed at home when they lost in those 1st rounds. DB is the State record holder of top seed 1 AND OUT.

DB, the top, joke, joke, seed; LOST 2001. LOST 2005. LOST 2006.

Plaques. Dusty old plaques. 40+ years and counting.