THE EAST TN RIVALRY

ArtVandalay

orangeblur wrote; "My concern for the Indians comes in the playoffs....they will have to dodge some huge landmines......an undefeated perfect season means nothing if they can't advance far in the playoffs. But Coach Clark has a very good team....and that 6-6 WR is very underrated....."

He does find a way to lose in that 1st week of November. Its not the talent. Its not the facilities. Its not the coaching???

DB. Home of Tennessee's greatest, oldest plaque display. 40 years & counting.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the hype going into this one makes it very hard to pick. All I can say is that I wished Ashlon good luck sunday night, and I hope that nobody gets injured. That's the last thing either team needs if they want to make a serious run in the playoffs. DB has some good players, SH has some good players, hopefully this thing will live up to its hype. I think it'll be a low scoring contest, lots of hard hitting action, and the team with the fewest turnovers will win the game. We have to have less turnovers than DB, that is a must if we hope to win. Can't give the #1 team in the state extra possessions, or it will be over by halftime. If we keep the turnovers to a minimum during this one, then I really believe that it is anybody's ballgame. Special teams play will be key also, give DB a short field, and we're giving them the game. I've only seen them play once this season, but that was enough to convince me that they will be tough to beat, and they weren't even clicking on all cylinders like they are at this point. Can't wait for this one, you DB fans are a classy bunch and your kids are classy too, it'll be nice to have you guys in our house. This is shaping up to be a dogfight, and those are the best to watch. If SH can beat DB, then they'll compete come playoff time. Good luck to all, stay injury free, and put on a show Friday night, because the house is going to be sold out!

As a D-B fan of many decades, I would rather lose to anyone on earth than the Toppers. However, the location of this game is a concern for me. History shows that we don't play very well over there unless the talent difference is just huge. We were clearly the better team in '98 (as evidenced by our 44-8 romp in the playoffs over them), but they should have beaten us early in the season. They literally dropped a game winning touchdown with no time left as that game ended. I predict that we will struggle for 3 quarters, then get out with a win that we all wish was bigger. Blowing out the Toppers is a ritual that we all enjoy, but I think we will struggle over there.

Very true. DB usually doesn't play well over there. But there's that law of averages thing.

Very true. DB usually doesn't play well over there. But there's that law of averages thing.

I think when this is your road record at your #1 Rival, it's pretty good:

DB has a 25-13-2 record in games played in Johnson City. Graham Clarks' Indians are 6-1 in JC and have won 6 in a row on the road in this series. The Hill Toppers last victory against DB goes back to Nov. 4, 1994... a 14-7 win in JC.

I see the Indians rolling from the start with big plays in the passing game, because SH is going to load up and try to stop #32. Adams and Steele could have huge games, and Steele is always a threat to go all the way on a kickoff return or a INT.

Roll Tribe Roll

I think when this is your road record at your #1 Rival, it's pretty good:

DB has a 25-13-2 record in games played in Johnson City. Graham Clarks' Indians are 6-1 in JC and have won 6 in a row on the road in this series. The Hill Toppers last victory against DB goes back to Nov. 4, 1994... a 14-7 win in JC.

I see the Indians rolling from the start with big plays in the passing game, because SH is going to load up and try to stop #32. Adams and Steele could have huge games, and Steele is always a threat to go all the way on a kickoff return or a INT.

Roll Tribe Roll

on a friday night especially halloween night anything can happen.

go toppers

I agree....you are a freekin' Mo-Ron /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm not the Mo-Ron. The Mo-Ron would be tricitiessportsfan aka Ron Bliss. There's your Mo-Ron. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> back at cha!