South Pittsburg @ Grace Academy

TheAmbassador

Pretty good game closer than most expected. With respect to Blake, overall he was probably the best player on the field. If you disagree that??™s okay ask your coach. A couple of times he mentioned that he should receive the Class A Mr. Football award. I have a lot of respect for Coach Vic. He obviously knows the game, but he has always handled himself well. As far as that goes I thought the players showed some class as well as respect for each other. However, with respect to your crowd, well they are consistent. They are with out a doubt the rudest and most belligerent fan base around. Encouraging your kids is one thing but when you cuss and berate players on the other team you make it to personal. The part I don??™t understand is as good as your team is all the out of line comments are not needed. It might make sense if you were frustrated from losing, not okay by any means, but understandable. I do appreciate the couple of staff members that apologized for the crowd??™s behavior. Also hats off to your band for sticking around so late to perform, they sounded very good for such a small band.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Blake picked us apart. I don't know what his completion % was but I bet it was not good. Grace's best play was him rolling out and taking off down the sideline. In the fourth SP started putting more pressure on him and sacked him a few more times to stop any hope of a comeback. He was pretty much the only thing Grace had. He was far from the best player on the field. SP has a lot of players better than him. I don't what you mean by one dimensional offense. If you can run all over a team why do anything different. The biggest gripe I had was the visitor stands. It was a joke. If a school can't have any thing better than that they should not be able to host any big games. It was worse than Lookout Valley and Tyner, which I thought was not possible. I guess I am just spoiled by the nice stadium we have at Pittsburg. Next time the SP fans should just take over the home side. We always have more fans than the home team anyway. Good luck to the Pirates and Warriors next week.

Blake was 11 for 26. Like I said, I was commenting on the 3rd quarter when Jones came in with fresh legs. Regardless, Blake and Grace's offense were dominant. Sure, Spitt won the game with their superior size and speed, but the 3rd quarter showed me what Grace was capable of and how to beat Spitt.

If you think Blake is all Grace had you must have forgotten Grace's wide open receivers that had blown past their coverage.

About the visitor's stands, apparently Grace has more than one egg in their athletic basket, and spends their limited budget on their other sports as well. No offense to Spitt whatsoever.

Here is a stat for you dadoffour. Grace's offense was dominant huh? From the Times Free Press.

South Pitt

23 First Downs

47 Rushes for 476 Yards Rushing 10 Yards Per Carry

27 Yards Passing

Total Offense- 503 Yards

Grace Academy

14 First Downs

27 Rushes for 109 Yards Rushing 4 Yards Per Carry

11-26 for 119 Yards Passing

Total Offense- 228 Yards

As for your comment about one dimensional offense? I remember several games where SP had to throw alot to win and they did. The bottom line is SP lined up and POUNDED Grace and said you CAN"T stop us. You making comments saying Grace's offense was dominant is a pretty ignorant statment. Blake is a VERY good player and your team is pretty good, but to say your offense was dominant? Come on.

Grace has a limited athletic budget? All that tuition money coming in and the budget is that limited?

Here is a stat for you dadoffour. Grace's offense was dominant huh? From the Times Free Press.

South Pitt

23 First Downs

27 Yards Passing

Total Offense- 503 Yards

Grace Academy

14 First Downs

Total Offense- 228 Yards

As for your comment about one dimensional offense? I remember several games where SP had to throw alot to win and they did. The bottom line is SP lined up and POUNDED Grace and said you CAN"T stop us. You making comments saying Grace's offense was dominant is a pretty ignorant statment. Blake is a VERY good player and your team is pretty good, but to say your offense was dominant? Come on.

Grace has a limited athletic budget? All that tuition money coming in and the budget is that limited?

Ambassador,

Please remember dadoffour doesn't have a team playing. His team had the hammer dropped on them for cheating. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Pretty good game closer than most expected. With respect to Blake, overall he was probably the best player on the field. If you disagree that??™s okay ask your coach. A couple of times he mentioned that he should receive the Class A Mr. Football award. I have a lot of respect for Coach Vic. He obviously knows the game, but he has always handled himself well. As far as that goes I thought the players showed some class as well as respect for each other. However, with respect to your crowd, well they are consistent. They are with out a doubt the rudest and most belligerent fan base around. Encouraging your kids is one thing but when you cuss and berate players on the other team you make it to personal. The part I don??™t understand is as good as your team is all the out of line comments are not needed. It might make sense if you were frustrated from losing, not okay by any means, but understandable. I do appreciate the couple of staff members that apologized for the crowd??™s behavior. Also hats off to your band for sticking around so late to perform, they sounded very good for such a small band.

At every high school football game you have fans that get out of hand or say things that are inappropriate. To say that our Pirate fans are the rudest you have seen is also inappropriate. You evidently were not sitting with us most loyal fans. We continually praised your team especially Blake and #1, they both are great players. Best of luck in the playoffs

It??™s not inappropriate but accurate. I have worked every home game for the last 6 years and SP fans have proven themselves over and over. I agree you have a faithful base of many who do not make comments but I guess because of the size of your crowd you have a higher percentage of the folks that should not be saying what they are saying. My intent was not to incite others or bash, I was hoping that maybe after reading my comments that some of the fans next week would refrain from name calling and cussing the other team but instead encourage their kids. Maybe then after the game the opposing teams??™ crowd would walk away going, Wow that was a good football team instead of wow can you believe their fans. SP has a tradition rich strong football program with an excellent coach but your crowd is taking away from that success by their actions.

It??™s not inappropriate but accurate. I have worked every home game for the last 6 years and SP fans have proven themselves over and over. I agree you have a faithful base of many who do not make comments but I guess because of the size of your crowd you have a higher percentage of the folks that should not be saying what they are saying. My intent was not to incite others or bash, I was hoping that maybe after reading my comments that some of the fans next week would refrain from name calling and cussing the other team but instead encourage their kids. Maybe then after the game the opposing teams??™ crowd would walk away going, Wow that was a good football team instead of wow can you believe their fans. SP has a tradition rich strong football program with an excellent coach but your crowd is taking away from that success by their actions.

We have been praised by opposing teams many times over the years. I understand your concerns and you are entitled to your opinion. I still disagree but that's okay. Hopefully see you down the road again in the playoffs.

hey south pitt when you are on top and the best the other teams try to find any little thing to dig at you. So take it as a compliment and realize know one will come close to beating you in the playoffs. your team may be one of the best i have ever seen. looking forward to seeing your team play in the burro good luck, even though you really don't need to much luck!!!!

South Pitt

23 First Downs

27 Yards Passing

Total Offense- 503 Yards

Grace Academy

14 First Downs

Total Offense- 228 Yards

Don't worry Ambassador, most of us know what the stats are and know you ran pretty good on us that fourth quarter. Though there were good runs from SP the whole game, Grace D stepped up and held them to 18 until Jones took over fourth quarter. That is where the bulk of the stats came from. As far as passing, Grace played pretty well in the secondary outside of the blown coverage that the WR dropped. But as was stated in another post, it is a 4 quarter game and y'all won. Might have been a different outcome if the momentum went Grace's way on the fumble we recovered but was ruled down. But congrats to SP for the victory they most certainly earned and good luck in playoffs.

As far as tuition, Grace tuition isn't that expensive for a private school and believe it or not, the money goes to more than just athletics...or football. Don't forget you were once there on a soccer field playing back in the day. Thats just how it is. Congrats on the big win and being region champs!