IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Well,

We beat South Greene by 27. Contrary to the score, it was a dog fight!!! How did everybody else do?

Even I am impressed as well, lol. That's a great margin but I understand what you mean about a dogfight. It is even more of one when we play them because there is quite a city vs. county rivalry between our schools and they really get UP to play us as do we to play them. Just not enough this year.

I saw the box scores and Kelly Smith had quite a night - 23 points!!!. We learned our lesson well about her last year and made adjustments in the next meeting. I also saw that Crum, normally a starter for SG was not mentioned and later found out she did not play because of a surgery/procedure or something. She is the roughest player they have, even plays meaner ( some would say by meaner that I mean dirtier) than Dye. I still think you would have won even if she was there but the margin probably wouldn't have been as great and your team members may not have been as healthy afterwards. SG is a hand full, for sure.

We play Dobbyns-Bennett Saturday and don't start league play until next week at Cherokee, I think. Good luck to everyone and stay injury-free!

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jefferson beat south doyle last night 45-22.. they looked very short handed last night with 4 or 5 players on the bench in street clothes and lost #22 during the game after taking an elbow to the head. nelson & miller were both out last night. kyle was actually having to play point last night after 22 went out of the game.

Tuesday it really gets fun:

Cocke County at Mo West

Mo East at Jeff County

Greeneville at Cherokee

I think Mo West wins a close one at home.

Greeneville wins at Cherokee

Jeff County wins a close one at home versus Mo East. I heard that Nelson sat out Thursday game, and could be questionable against East. That could even it up for East.

In previous years, Cocke County had a tough time on the road, although they have had a couple of big wins this year away from home. Should be a great game...

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Greeneville defeats Dobbyns-Bennett 58-55. They tried to shut down Nicole and everybody else just stepped up (knew it all along /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" , lol) Especially Brianna Kelley, WOW - 19 points on top of Nicole's 19!?! And freshman Christopher...what an asset! But everyone played well.

It's great to see them get a well-deserved win after being subjected to a grueling pre-season. They played some very tough teams and it's paying off. Good coaching decision, even though the current record may not reflect it.

Greeneville defeats Dobbyns-Bennett 58-55. They tried to shut down Nicole and everybody else just stepped up (knew it all along /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" , lol) Especially Brianna Kelley, WOW - 19 points on top of Nicole's 19!?! And freshman Christopher...what an asset! But everyone played well.

It's great to see them get a well-deserved win after being subjected to a grueling pre-season. They played some very tough teams and it's paying off. Good coaching decision, even though the current record may not reflect it.

Good report. Did we handle the ball better?

Good report. Did we handle the ball better?

Yes, ball handling wasn't really an issue. With Ramsey and Christopher somewhat interchangeable at the point and wing, it seems to be working much better. Dickson and Kelley can also handle the dribble well so we are strengthening there. They just had this huge girl that could move and shoot and we weren't playng our best defense for some reason early on. But it all turned around in the second half...they made up the deficit and then some with some excellent foul shooting at the end. Cool under pressure and I'm not sure we would have seen that if it hadn't been for the strong schedule we have played so far.

DB is historically not a pressure team. Frohlich is tough inside, but I am not sure how good their perimeter players are.

Saw DB play Siegel at the Chop House on my computer a week ago and they won by one. they were lucky to do it. Frohlich was good but needed some work. There was no perimeter shooting. DB, as would be thought, needed some work as i was expecting to see a better team than I saw. But its early and they, I'm sure, will get better.

Their point guard (Tori Head) is out with a hand injury.

Should be back after the first of the year, I think.

Last year, they had no capable backup behind Head. Unless someone has developed, or they have a freshman that came along, they will have difficulties. Devine gives them a presence from the other post, and they have a couple of perimeter shooters, but they depend on Head breaking down the defense, and then getting the ball to the post, or kicking it to a standing perimeter shooter.

I haven't seen them this year, but they have lost some close games to teams with good guard play, so I would surmise that they are still suspect at the perimeter. Getting Tori back will make them a tough team to play down the stretch, and come postseason. She has had a tough year, what with injuries that marred her soccer season (although she finished strong) and now this to slow her BB season.