IMAC (District 2 AAA) 2008-2009 Thread

raiderray

Okay guys,

Somone is going to have to pick up the slack for Ray and be the Jeff County spokesperson. I know tons of people read these threads, so if you are a Jeff County fan, sign up and start updating.

Thanks

You are right, as I only go to a few games now, it would be nice if someone else got on here and talked about Jeff County.

I went to the game Tuesday, and I would sure like some feedback from the Lady Red's fans on this. It was the kind of game that I kept asking myself, how is Jeff County staying in this game? Don't get me wrong, I was happy that Jeff Coiunty was staying in it, but if you go down the starting limne-ups for each team, I don't think any of the Jeff County starters matchup with the Cocke County starters.

Depew had a terrible shooting night, and several times, looked exhausted out there. Was she feeling okay? I was thinking she might have been battling the flu or something.

As for Jeff County, they did not take advantage of the opportunity presented Tuesday night. Buda had foul trouble, yet they didn't force her to play defense, or take the ball to her, and as I said, Depew was having trouble making shots.

I think Friday at West is going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg game for the Lady Patriots.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen JC several times. JC should have won the game. The Lady Patriots are a very deep and talented team. (12 deep) and most teams only play 6 or 7. I thought the match up was to our favor. The biggest knock I see is they don't seem to use Kyle and Huff enough and don't play together. (to much random shooting.

I'm going out on a limb and say that it will be a harder game than expected. Too much rivarly between the teams.

And I can't get the stupid smiley's to work!! That po's me!!

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Because you are a good person, heres a few for you Tuffy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've seen JC several times. JC should have won the game. The Lady Patriots are a very deep and talented team. (12 deep) and most teams only play 6 or 7. I thought the match up was to our favor. The biggest knock I see is they don't seem to use Kyle and Huff enough and don't play together. (to much random shooting.

12 deep? that is stretching it to the extreme. I haven't seen one team that is 12 deep. if jc was that deep they would be undefeated and be in state tournament talks, that is not the case. and as far as playing certain players more, from what i have been told a couple of them could be working a little harder in practice. so lets not assume we know it all.

Unfortunately i didn't get to go to the game tuesday, but read that jc was out rebounded by 20 or more. so how can you say they should have won with that kind of stat. and cc shot 50 free throws to jc's 20. each game i have watched huff has played nearly the whole game btw.

jc has NO post play. so again how can they be expected to be a great/real good team? just some thoughts. would like to see some more thoughts on this team and cherokee

You are right, as I only go to a few games now, it would be nice if someone else got on here and talked about Jeff County.

I went to the game Tuesday, and I would sure like some feedback from the Lady Red's fans on this. It was the kind of game that I kept asking myself, how is Jeff County staying in this game? Don't get me wrong, I was happy that Jeff Coiunty was staying in it, but if you go down the starting limne-ups for each team, I don't think any of the Jeff County starters matchup with the Cocke County starters.

Depew had a terrible shooting night, and several times, looked exhausted out there. Was she feeling okay? I was thinking she might have been battling the flu or something.

As for Jeff County, they did not take advantage of the opportunity presented Tuesday night. Buda had foul trouble, yet they didn't force her to play defense, or take the ball to her, and as I said, Depew was having trouble making shots.

I think Friday at West is going to be a lonnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg game for the Lady Patriots.

I couldn't agree more concerning Friday nights game with West. But, this has been true with most teams that have played West this year with the exception of South Greene. Shannon Depew did not appear to be herself against Jeff and did struggle offensively from the field but was a force under the basket. With the combinaton of Cocke struggling from the field and Jeff playing almost like a balanced team the first 3 quarters they kept the game close. As far as no Jeff players matching up with Cocke, Jeff can match them at both guard positions and did during this last game. Both Nelson and Miller should have been in the game more at the same time to utilize their speed. The Nelson girl got in foul trouble and set out several minutes and eventually fouled out but still had 18 points. I thought the Huff girl did a good job of rebounding while she was in the game. Jeff has no size and they have to try and run their opponents till their tougues drag the floor but this is never the case in my oppinion Jeff tries to slow play down and post up with much taller and more physical teams. This is only my personnel oppinion and observation as a Jeff County fan for many years...

12 deep? that is stretching it to the extreme. I haven't seen one team that is 12 deep. if jc was that deep they would be undefeated and be in state tournament talks, that is not the case. and as far as playing certain players more, from what i have been told a couple of them could be working a little harder in practice. so lets not assume we know it all.

Unfortunately i didn't get to go to the game tuesday, but read that jc was out rebounded by 20 or more. so how can you say they should have won with that kind of stat. and cc shot 50 free throws to jc's 20. each game i have watched huff has played nearly the whole game btw.

jc has NO post play. so again how can they be expected to be a great/real good team? just some thoughts. would like to see some more thoughts on this team and cherokee

They aren't 12 deep. Coach Bryan Lewis is playing 12, which I think is a mistake. Maybe if he picked 8 or maybe 9 players, and stayed consistent, then maybe the players wood play a little more consistently, and maybe there would be a reason to work hard in practice, so to keep a spot, or maybe work into a spot.

To keep from getting out rebounded, you have to box out, and very few of JC's players do that. The guards watch shots go up, and don't box out the shooter, and then wonder why there girl is getting the rebound. They try for a steal in the press, and then don't hustle back and play defense. Some of the players need to learn it isn't how many points an individual scores, but if your team ends up ahead on the scoreboard. The JC players either don't know, don't care, or don't want to do the little things that they need to do to overcome thier lack of size. Or maybe the ones that know how to, aren't getting enough playing time. Most of the ones playing just don't work very hard at anything.

Depew is a perfect example. She wasn't scoring the otherr night, but did she let that affect the rest of her game? No, she worked hard on defense, and owned the boards. She helped her team in other areas than scoring. Lewis and Buda picked up the slack.

And I would take Buda over Nelson any night of the week. As freshmen, they might have been identical. Buda has made so much more progress with her game since then, while nelson has stagnated.

And 50 free throw attempts? Some of that was fouling in the 4th quarter, trying to get back into the game, but still that is an indication of being out of position, reaching, poor defense. A lot of those were fouls after giving up an offensive rebound, and that means not boxing out.

Last point on the subject. One of the last plays of the 1st half shows you what they can do, if they want to. Whiteside boxes out the big girl, and then races to the other end, and gets rewarded with an easy layup. It took the box out by Whiteside, a rebound by a teammate, the outlet pass to the guard, who hits Whiteside in stride for the layup. But that kind of effort by the whole team doesn't happen enough against good teams for them to beat good teams.

Standings

Morristown West 4-0

Cocke County 3-1

Greeneville 3-1

Jefferson County 2-2

Morristown East 0-4

Cherokee 0-4

Schedule:

East at Cherokee

Greeneville at Cocke

Jeff at West

So, we have the battle for 5th place (I think East should win, but it is AT Cherokee),

The battle for 2nd place (I like Cocke County at home),

And hopefully just a battle (I like West at home, although it should be noted that Jeff has won at West the last two years).

Good luck to every one, and good health!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> See Nutty, SMILEYS!!!!!!!!!!

I was not at Tuesday's game. But I can say that Wade worked them hard over the weekend after playing in G'ville's tournament last week knowing that the district season/seeding for us is the line the with the next two games at home against G'ville and Mo West. The general thought is that we didn't play well and looked tired - I think Jeff had something to do with that, though.

Tonight's game is b/w 2 very good teams. For 5 years I have watched these same girls battle since their days at GMS and NGS. We have yet to get over the hill. I again look for Shannon to off-set Nicole - two ballplayers who are just fun to watch. Morgan has to outplay the guards though that will be tough - she will have to create some defensive pressure with some steals and make their defense respect her offensively. Those will be our strengths that will have to over come our match-up problems with them on the inside. We will be taller, but G'ville will be stronger. We have to be able to score inside. If we can't, it will not be close. Our bench must contribute b/c their bench will. We just can't let Nicole have a 25 point night - like she has so often against us. We can't let G'ville make end of the quarter/half shots like they have so often against us. And we have to relax enough to score. We can't let their defense dictate the game. I look for Shannon and Morgan to score. I look for us to play very hard defensively. Courtney Lewis and Jalese Pruitt are keys for us tonight - they have to score. Alley simply can't get out muscled. I believe certain foul trouble will be more difficult for us than them to overcome.

Over the last three years, I have said here that beating G'ville is not about talent, it is about convincing yourself that you belong. Over these past 3 years, especially this year, we have proven that we belong in everyplace except one - against G'ville. Outside of the district tournament game at our place, when our girls were sophomores and freshmen, these games have not been close at the end. If we want to have the confidence that we can win in the tournament at the end, we have two shots against them in the season to win. If not, we will win maybe 25 games this year and go on the road for the 1st round of the regionals to DB or Tenn and have lots of trouble. Without a doubt, a very big game for the Lady Red at "Black Out Night" tonight in the Hen House. Should be lots of fun.

Good post lady red. I agree with the whole thing. I have seen your team beat itself many times over the last couple of years. What I have noticed, and I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong, /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> is that as Depew goes the team goes. I know that there have been a few exceptions. If she could get really fired up for the game tonight I bet you would see a different team.

I got my smiley's working and thanks for all the smiley support!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

They aren't 12 deep. Coach Bryan Lewis is playing 12, which I think is a mistake. Maybe if he picked 8 or maybe 9 players, and stayed consistent, then maybe the players wood play a little more consistently, and maybe there would be a reason to work hard in practice, so to keep a spot, or maybe work into a spot.

To keep from getting out rebounded, you have to box out, and very few of JC's players do that. The guards watch shots go up, and don't box out the shooter, and then wonder why there girl is getting the rebound. They try for a steal in the press, and then don't hustle back and play defense. Some of the players need to learn it isn't how many points an individual scores, but if your team ends up ahead on the scoreboard. The JC players either don't know, don't care, or don't want to do the little things that they need to do to overcome thier lack of size. Or maybe the ones that know how to, aren't getting enough playing time. Most of the ones playing just don't work very hard at anything.

Depew is a perfect example. She wasn't scoring the otherr night, but did she let that affect the rest of her game? No, she worked hard on defense, and owned the boards. She helped her team in other areas than scoring. Lewis and Buda picked up the slack.

And I would take Buda over Nelson any night of the week. As freshmen, they might have been identical. Buda has made so much more progress with her game since then, while nelson has stagnated.

And 50 free throw attempts? Some of that was fouling in the 4th quarter, trying to get back into the game, but still that is an indication of being out of position, reaching, poor defense. A lot of those were fouls after giving up an offensive rebound, and that means not boxing out.

Last point on the subject. One of the last plays of the 1st half shows you what they can do, if they want to. Whiteside boxes out the big girl, and then races to the other end, and gets rewarded with an easy layup. It took the box out by Whiteside, a rebound by a teammate, the outlet pass to the guard, who hits Whiteside in stride for the layup. But that kind of effort by the whole team doesn't happen enough against good teams for them to beat good teams.

It's more like the entire sports program at Jeff has become stagnated not just some players. Losing the last few years seems to have become a way of life and accepted by most in all the sports programs with the exception of ladies golf.