Teams you respect the most?

ddaddy

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you feel is doing a good job with the players they have? Don't name your team, if you don't mind.

Plenty of teams deserving respect out there.

I'd start with Maryville and Alcoa. Consistantly excellent , doesn't seem to matter how many studs graduate , they are at the top year in and year out.

McMinn Central has quietly built a nice program the last couple of years.

Plenty of teams deserving respect out there.

I'd start with Maryville and Alcoa. Consistantly excellent , doesn't seem to matter how many studs graduate , they are at the top year in and year out.

McMinn Central has quietly built a nice program the last couple of years.

True, McMinn Central has done well - but the kids we have are very good athletes. The coaches have done a good job of harnessing this talent and keeping focus.

As far as a team that deserves respect, I'll put Polk Co. in this catagory. Good coaching, good kids, they play hard with what they have.

Teams Consistantly deserving of Respect

David Libscomb

White House

Maryville

Alcoa

South Pittsburg

Who do you feel is doing a good job with the players they have? Don't name your team, if you don't mind.

South Pitt has to being doing close to the most with what they have... 240 kids in an average sized single A school that has multipule state championships... and probably going to get another one soon....like in December...

Also, Trousdale had a team a few years back that won the state championship in single A easily and they only had like 17 players on their team... that was pretty impressive...

And, I hear Lake Co. only has around 20 this year and they are improving rapidly... just beat Mckenzie...

All of these are pretty impressive... or at least I think so...

Being from Trousdale Co. I have been part of the South Pitt and TC game many times. I have the utmost respect for South Pitts ability to produce good football teams year in and year out. Looking at South Pitt is almost looking in a mirror for TC. South Pitt is a class act in my opinion.

And down here in South Pittsburg we say the exact same thing about Trousdale. That would be the team that would get my vote on this topic.

I will agree with cascade11 also about Red Boiling Springs. Anyone who goes out for them does it for the love of the game, you have to respect that.

Being a fan of a new school in a small area (East Hickman), I tend to gravitate to areas that are small but have great traditions. The communities are supportive....... and if you are a young man walking the hall you couldn't find a good excuse not to be on the field on Friday nights.

The programs that come to mind that I like to think that East may someday resemble would be the likes of: Trousdale Co., Lewis Co., Jo Burns, or a Mcewen. All programs that are well supported, have players that get after you year in and year out.

East Hickman has some of the finest facilities that you will find, I hope that someday community support and more young men participating in the football program will grow to rival them.

First, let me thank all the people that have mentioned us (TC) already.

I don't want to sound like an echo, but South Pitt. is the first that comes to mind, along with the obvious others such as:

Maryville, Alcoa, DL, Riverdale, MBA, BA, etc. Pretty much anyone that has multiple Gold Balls should be given their proper respect. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />