Farragut vs. Science Hill

AdmiralDude

I'll do my best for now, but JcToPpEr103803 can elaborate more. On offense, #5 Isaac Kinley is the quarterback and lines up at wide receiver on certain downs, when back up quarterback #4 Daniel Norris is brought in. On defense he plays safety. On special teams he returns kickoffs, returns punts, and handles the punting duties. Overall, he is the best player on the team and a large portion of the 'Topper offense. Their offensive schemes revolve around him. He is a player that can beat you by himself if he is allowed to. Dobyns Bennett had their hands full with him last night. He is a very shifty, mobile, fast, quick, and sure on his feet, and throws 'well enough'. This match up, along with the Bearden and Soddy Daisy game, is a very intriguing first round match up.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Science Hill's defense will fare well against the Farragut offense. In the end, though, I suspect Farragut wins a close, low scoring game.

The big question mark for me comes in the match up between the Farragut passing game and the Science Hill secondary. The 'Topper run defense will slow down, but not stop, the Farragut rush attack.

The O-line has improved greatly since the Ootelwah game

??? Really? They finally had a good game against Soddy Daisy, but alot of yards came because all Purty had to do was get 5 yards into the defense and it was wide open.. Ooltewah ran for well over 500yards against Oak Ridge, Farragut, who some claimed at the beggining of the year had a better run game than last year, had all of 80-90. "improved greatly" I doubt, Maybe improved a little. They are still getting the dumb penalties at terrible times. Something has to be said to them. They have been doing it all season.

Don't know much about SH.

If Farragut can play good D the whole game and have an average offense for atleast a half, I don't see why they won't win. If the offense struggles look for the game to go down to the wire. Also Farragut needs to not settle for FGs like they did against OR.

I'll do my best for now, but JcToPpEr103803 can elaborate more. On offense, #5 Isaac Kinley is the quarterback and lines up at wide receiver on certain downs, when back up quarterback #4 Daniel Norris is brought in. On defense he plays safety. On special teams he returns kickoffs, returns punts, and handles the punting duties. Overall, he is the best player on the team and a large portion of the 'Topper offense. Their offensive schemes revolve around him. He is a player that can beat you by himself if he is allowed to. Dobyns Bennett had their hands full with him last night. He is a very shifty, mobile, fast, quick, and sure on his feet, and throws 'well enough'. This match up, along with the Bearden and Soddy Daisy game, is a very intriguing first round match up.

You pretty much nailed it tricitiessportsfan. Coach Smith is at his best when he can put the ball into Isaac's hands and let him loose. Personally, I think that he was a better corner than safety, but he is still a very good defensive back, period. He hasn't been as big in the return game as he was last season, but he still makes an impact. He punts fairly well, and having him back there makes teams honor the fake. This is a kid who wants to play, plain and simple. He plays with intensity and a passion that none seem to match. He is very gifted, but he also works very hard, and that has paid off over his whole high school career. Not to take away from the team, because as a whole the team is pretty good, but Isaac is the guy that makes this team work.

??? Really? They finally had a good game against Soddy Daisy, but alot of yards came because all Purty had to do was get 5 yards into the defense and it was wide open.. Ooltewah ran for well over 500yards against Oak Ridge, Farragut, who some claimed at the beggining of the year had a better run game than last year, had all of 80-90. "improved greatly" I doubt, Maybe improved a little. They are still getting the dumb penalties at terrible times. Something has to be said to them. They have been doing it all season.

Don't know much about SH.

If Farragut can play good D the whole game and have an average offense for atleast a half, I don't see why they won't win. If the offense struggles look for the game to go down to the wire. Also Farragut needs to not settle for FGs like they did against OR.

Improved greatly from the Ootelwah game....Doesnt mean they are where they need to be to make a deep playoff run yet but it seems they are clicking alot better.

Good luck Toppers. I think you have at least 2 more weeks in you.

boy wouldnt that be exciting the hill and db II. but we have got to get farragut first. like to know how coach smith will prepare, but this is the first time in the playoffs with the toppers, i personally don't think the toppers are ready to go home yet. but farragut isn't either.