Campbell Co. Cougars vs Ooltewah Owls

CougarTrav02

There is one glaring difference offensively in this matchup. Both teams run exclusively, but Ooltewah is much better at running the ball. They've got better athletes, faster, stronger, and more players on their team. Campbell County doesn't have much depth, if they lose any one guy, then he will be very hard to replace. Their players that wear single digits are the best athletes on the team. I believe that Ooltewah will run the ball very hard, and score early and often. Campbell County can't play well from behind, and their offense does not allow for it. They are option football, 100% of the time. They attempted 6 passes when I saw them play against Science Hill, and the stat was 0-6. The 1st pass was an interception, and the other 5 did not come until it was emergency time and the clock was working against them. Hopefully, after Ooltewah is ahead by multiple scores, CC will come out and try to establish the running game. The clock will work against it, but if they sling it all over the field, that will lead to turnovers, and Ooltewah will have the clock running the whole second half if they get extra opportunities, via turnovers. The best chances for a W in region 1 come in the McMinn Co at DB matchup, and the Soddy Daisy/Bearden game. Farragut has too much for Science Hill, and Campbell County just needs to try to get out of Ooltewah without the assistance of a running clock.

Region 1: DB over McMinn, Bearden in a sqeaker over SD (Young is just too good, and Potter ain't bad either).

Region 2: Farragut beats SH by multiple TD's (but the score doesn't reflect how close it will be), and Ooltewah starts its JV at the beginning of the 2nd half in a tuneup game against CC.

You left out one thing...the Owls have better coaches. They KNOW HOW TO WIN,TOO!!!!!! Young is overrated. Potter is good. It won't be enough.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one's a cakewalk. For that matter, it looks like the Owls cakewalk to the state title game. I know Campbell Co. will play hard, but they haven't faced a team that could stay within 5 touchdowns of Ooltewah.

Being over confident just might get you beat........but not in this game, lol!

Ooltewah 41

Campbell Co. 14

Heck I hope the Cougars come out with some points on the board

Campbell co. will not score an OFFENSIVE TD!!!! they might score on some fluke turnover or might get lucky on special teams,but I haven't heard about any big time athletes on the cougars team. If,you want to beat the owls you must be BIG,strong or really fast,hopefully all three.....if you are not you will go home early. Campbell co. has nothing like farragut,oak ridge or soddy and no where the size and talent like maplewood.With that said,if some would look at what worked w/ all 3 of those teams(maplewood's defense),they could figure out what to do. OWLS 63-0, and that's w/the clock running non-stop after the first QTR. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Campbell County is a much bettefr team than Oak Ridge, with that being said, I don't give them much of a chance. O 42- CC 8. CC does have shill and speed at the RB and QB position. The Albright kid is really talented. They were cheated out of wins against Jeff Co and Bearden, but could not compete against Science Hill and DB.

Can anyone tell me if extra bleachers will be brought in for this game. Also, it is my understanding that everyone buys a ticket, but those who had season tickets can still sit in their spot (after buying a new ticket), is that correct?

Go Owls!

I was always under the impression that there are no reserved seating in the playoffs, it is first come first serve. It might be different at your school though. Ticket prices usually go up a dollar and the game time is moved up to 7:00 also.