DeKalb County @ McMinn Central

volsrule #1

We had one kid who lost his cool and a whole team who played their hearts out. Guess who gets all the discussion? Coach D has done a lot for that kid working on controling his emotions and he had done a good job until last night. Look how far Central has come in Coach's 3 years and who returns next year. I promise you now, Central will be back better, and more disciplined next year because the kids returning have a lot of character and are true leaders. We lose some great kids but the foundation is there to continue improving. Way to go this year and thanks Seniors for being a big part of turning this program around. You were 18 and 4 the last two years, be proud of that accomplishment.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first half went kind of ruff for the tigers but they got out there after halftime and played their hearts out. their D looked better than ive seen it all year. some big plays came from both teams last night but dekalb showed that they are a very tuff team to beat and the tigers have very talented players, coaches, and the best, loudest fans ive ever heard!

and what exactly did #7 do to get ejected last night, i wasnt really watching him

Ahhh, poor 'ole Mr.Rayl.

Goes through all the trouble transfering to the rival school only to lose in the 1st round of the playoffs anyway. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Best wishes to his injury(s) though.

If you are a Meigs fan you sure are doing a lot of fine people in Meigs county very wrong. I don't know any Meigs fans that would be that classless. Sometimes in life people will do what is best for them. I for one don't have any problem with a young man trying to do what is best for HIM. Have you ever changed jobs? If you work. I hope you never get injured on your job and people have the chance to be classless about it. If the young man Mr Rayl was exposed to the likes of you in Meigs County then there is no wonder he transfered. Hide behind a computer and criticize a young man that is injured. Wooo you are a big man!

If you are a Meigs fan you sure are doing a lot of fine people in Meigs county very wrong. I don't know any Meigs fans that would be that classless. Sometimes in life people will do what is best for them. I for one don't have any problem with a young man trying to do what is best for HIM. Have you ever changed jobs? If you work. I hope you never get injured on your job and people have the chance to be classless about it. If the young man Mr Rayl was exposed to the likes of you in Meigs County then there is no wonder he transfered. Hide behind a computer and criticize a young man that is injured. Wooo you are a big man!

I believe I have already stated once that I am not from Meigs..

hey, commend those boy's who tried to stop him from leaving, shows most of the team has some class. Could not figure out why not even one coach attemped to go over and cool the kid down. Coaches????????????????????????????

My guess would be that the coaches were concentrating on trying to win a close game. Shouldn't have to worry about what's going on on the sidelines. I'm not a coach, but I would bet one of the last concerns on a coach's mind would be one of his players behind him might go up into the stands to start a fight.

I would like to say Central played a good game, but the lack of disipline showed up in a big way in this game. That has to fall on the coaches. The penalities in the first quarter set the tone for the whole game and it looked like the game plan in the second half changed. I saw one player that stood out above the rest and that was #56, great game. As far as the #10 kid from dekalb, good player, but not D1 material. Anyway you look at it, Dekalb stuck to thier game plan and Central fell apart in the 4th quarter. Just my thoughts

My guess would be that the coaches were concentrating on trying to win a close game. Shouldn't have to worry about what's going on on the sidelines. I'm not a coach, but I would bet one of the last concerns on a coach's mind would be one of his players behind him might go up into the stands to start a fight.

your saying out of all the coaches they have, one could not make even an attemped to do anything while he was coming off the field. Doesn't sound good to me. Plus, there wasn't one that I could see even went over to say a thing to the boy. Not one. That's not right, that's saying its OK to do the things he did. Someone should have said something to him, if anything.

I really hoped that this would not be all that was discussed today. Here is my opinion, this kid was the second best athlete on a very talented team. The kicker was by far the best, but what I dont understand is why they made no attempt to get this kid the ball 20 times. Frustration took over during the fourth quarter when he was not getting the ball. So strictly going on what we saw last night on the field from the Dekalb side it was the coaches who could not get him the ball. 90 yd kickoff return for touchdown and no one was close to him. Should have ran the wildcat offense and played him at Qb

the first half went kind of ruff for the tigers but they got out there after halftime and played their hearts out. their D looked better than ive seen it all year. some big plays came from both teams last night but dekalb showed that they are a very tuff team to beat and the tigers have very talented players, coaches, and the best, loudest fans ive ever heard!

and what exactly did #7 do to get ejected last night, i wasnt really watching him

I was one of those fans. We have great fans and very supportive ones, and yes loud in deed. I think I'm going hoarse.