Tennessee High vs Morristown West

THSVIKINGS11

I couldn't make the game tonight boys. But by the score I am just gonna take a wild guess and say there was NO. ZERO, NADA, NILCH defense tonight? Can someone fill me in? Great game Vikes!

No defense for either team. Mo West did a pretty good job stopping the run in the 2nd half but Shepard still had about 200 yards rushing. This was probably Tennessee High's best passing game of the year...13 completions out of 16 attempts. Tennessee High had a difficult time stopping the Mo West back in the second half and all the Trojans had to do was throw the deep pass and I think they scored every single time they did it. It's good that the passing game was on tonight because Tennessee couldn't stop the Trojans in the second half.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see... cover 2 defence...where have I heard that before?

Didn't make it to the game Friday. However, Congrats to the Vikings. I heard it was a great game. I was just wandering what you meant by your comment....Was the Vikes in cover 2 Friday? Is that the reason for the touchdown passes? How was the tackeling in the secondary?

Didn't make it to the game Friday. However, Congrats to the Vikings. I heard it was a great game. I was just wandering what you meant by your comment....Was the Vikes in cover 2 Friday? Is that the reason for the touchdown passes? How was the tackeling in the secondary?

What i meant was we did not change coverage ..when we needed to IMO. Young covers well most of time..But this kid was bad fast he was covering had a step or two on him every time on the go route. so after the 2nd one we should have given him a little help over the top. But we just left him on an island all night.No they stayed in cover 1 about all night.

Tackling ..well I think its just that we over play the slant and give to much cushion on the 5-10 yard out it takes rover out of position to make a solid tackle unless the ball is a little late getting there.IMO that is.

The reason for 2 of the touchdown passes was our best corner getting beat in one on one. Maybe we should have helped over the top, but I think we expect him to be able to cover better. Hopefully it was a fluke, as he has been solid all year.

Agreed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What i meant was we did not change coverage ..when we needed to IMO. Young covers well most of time..But this kid was bad fast he was covering had a step or two on him every time on the go route. so after the 2nd one we should have given him a little help over the top. But we just left him on an island all night.No they stayed in cover 1 about all night.

Tackling ..well I think its just that we over play the slant and give to much cushion on the 5-10 yard out it takes rover out of position to make a solid tackle unless the ball is a little late getting there.IMO that is.

Agreed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks. Nice observation!! I also agree with Bearslayer....I think Young is the best cover guy the Vikings have. However, I don't think twice is a "fluke. I will call it a match up that the opposition knew they could exploit. It goes back to the old saying, "Speed Kills". I would loved to have been there to see the passing game. Looked as if the Vikes found some opportunities through the air also. Does anybody know what kind of speed the Devils have at the receiver position and the arm strength of their quarterback? Hopefully the Vikes will continue to get the ball in the air. I'm sure Shepard would appreciate the thought of a two dementional offense. Thanks.

Thanks. Nice observation!! I also agree with Bearslayer....I think Young is the best cover guy the Vikings have. However, I don't think twice is a "fluke. I will call it a match up that the opposition knew they could exploit. It goes back to the old saying, "Speed Kills". I would loved to have been there to see the passing game. Looked as if the Vikes found some opportunities through the air also. Does anybody know what kind of speed the Devils have at the receiver position and the arm strength of their quarterback? Hopefully the Vikes will continue to get the ball in the air. I'm sure Shepard would appreciate the thought of a two dementional offense. Thanks.

He would probably appreciate the thought of someone else carrying the ball once in a while, too!