Oak Ridge Football

coach1076

No he will not quit. That's for sure. Some people have suggested that Stanton needs some better assistants around him. This is a tough situation because it's not like it used to be. To get a job teaching in the Oak Ridge School system you have to be certified to teach the subject that has an opening. What makes that more difficult is that once you get a job in OR teaching, you keep it, you don't give it up. So, there are very few openings each year. What's the realistic chances of a good football coach being ceritified to teach one of the very few job openings each year. On top of that, you can only have a couple of volunteer coaches. So, it is a very tough situation to fill a staff with good proven assistants. Times have changed. It used to be at Oak Ridge and other places, if they wanted you to coach football, they would find a spot or even create one for you. It's not like that anymore. The federal and Tn Departments of Ed have tightened up the rules in that area. You now have to be a "highly qualified" teacher If they do make a change, the new coach will be in the same situation as far as filling a staff with quality assistants, unless he has a couple of volunteers to come in with him that are really good coaches.

It ain't like it used to be

With this in mind and if the "powers that be" make the decision to end the SS era, who would be the top five coaches that Oak Ridge could pursue and get to come? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any truth to the rumor that a former OR coach may leave Middle Tennessee and make his way back home to take over the program?

Have thought this since about the middle of the season, 1st and goal inside the 5 in the rain against BGA and still in the shotgun. Doesn't sound like BL type of football to me. Ever since, I have thought he may be turning it over to the OC.

Some of you guys sound like TN fans...you just want the same people to cycle back through over and over as your coach. Would it not make more sense to find somebody new, rather than someone that's been there and done that? Seems to me like somebody new would bring more of a fire and passion than somebody that's already left there!! Just my opinion.

It's worse than that. The search committee picked Gattis twice and after two selections from his own committee Bailey picked SS on his own. Now you can't find Bailey anywhere around. He is a punk. He and Green will support Stevens until they are losing their jobs and then throw Chuck under the bus.

Ole Dad

What about Gaddis, doing a great job out west, and it was my understanding that the last search committee had decided on him and then the next day SS was hired.

Thats alot of rumor but heard it from different sources that wouldn't have heard from the same source.

For the umpteenth time, Gaddis will not be returning to OR unless there are major personel changes at the school. His leaving had nothing to do with football. He couldn't behave himself. It doesn't matter how many times the "selection" committee comes up with his name. If there is a change, the name that is mentioned the most is TL from Oneida. Consider it for what it is worth.

Yeah, I guess he could't live up to the standard of behavior that SS has set. He doesn't pull knives on the players, curse out the players, fight with opposing coaches, get his team thrown out of the Nike camps, lack financial integrity and the list goes on. As I have said, the standard of education at ORHS since Bailey arrived has dropped significantly. And there are many facts to back up that statement as well.

Ole Dad

For the umpteenth time, Gaddis will not be returning to OR unless there are major personel changes at the school. His leaving had nothing to do with football. He couldn't behave himself. It doesn't matter how many times the "selection" committee comes up with his name. If there is a change, the name that is mentioned the most is TL from Oneida. Consider it for what it is worth.

What are the chances of TL leaving the big O and coming to OR? This is the first I've heard of that!