Tennessee High @ Greeneville

Class 4A Round 2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Round 2

Not all that ridiculous....I was there....as pathetic as the 5 rivers officials have been this year, things happened in this game I have never seen before. While I can't confirm the report about refs feeding info to coaches, Greeneville was flagged 8 times, mostly for procedural violations (and a holding call) while Betsy had 1 little 5yd dead ball foul. Betsy linemen were holding nearly every play and I know of at least 2 blatant facemasks and a horsecollar tackle on Trevon Hall that I cannot understand them missing. There was 1 particularly hinky incident that I described over on the game thread. I'm over it....the Devils prevailed in spite of it. Always good to be in the position where poor officiating isn't deciding the outcome of the game. I hope we have competent officials for our tilt with the Vikes. I would hate for the last meeting of these 2 fine teams to be marred by controversy. Go Devils /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I was talking about the refs feeding info to the coaches. I was also there, I did see 1 of the facemask calls and some holding. But honestly holding can be called in high school on both teams on almost ever play. I do agree with you on the ball being moved after the measurement that was bad. I am glad also that the game wasn't decided by the officials after a good effort from both sides.

By the way, horsecollaring is not a penalty in high school and college yet. Only in the NFL. I would look for it to be soon though thats the way it usually happens. First banned in the pros, then in college and the down to high school.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, horsecollaring is not a penalty in high school and college yet. Only in the NFL. I would look for it to be soon though thats the way it usually happens. First banned in the pros, then in college and the down to high school.

You know I should have known that.....

Thank you Tri /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Dynamics are the one thing that is guaranteed to change in a ball game or a season. I like Mac and the adjustments his staff have made over the last couple of weeks. At home where there are no Stone Castle ghosts, GHS in a nail biter. Feeble hearted Vikings AND Devils need to stay home.

I agree with you and the FEEBLE hearted do need to stay home if they can not handle the excitement!!

THS...watch out for these guys... Their o-line will open big holes for Hall to run through. Just look at the first half of the MoEast- Greeneville game.

Greeneville... I really liked the improvements you've made to the place and hope to come back to visit again in the 3 rd round. Just please keep all those cars out of the west(?) endzone. just keeping up with all your players is hard enough without having to deal with headlights in our eyes half the night. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

God speed to both teams and congrats to making it this far. But only one can move on...

Greeneville by 14.

THS...watch out for these guys... Their o-line will open big holes for Hall to run through. Just look at the first half of the MoEast- Greeneville game.

Greeneville... I really liked the improvements you've made to the place and hope to come back to visit again in the 3 rd round. Just please keep all those cars out of the west(?) endzone. just keeping up with all your players is hard enough without having to deal with headlights in our eyes half the night. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

God speed to both teams and congrats to making it this far. But only one can move on...

Greeneville by 14.

You don't know how many times over the years I have told people to turn off their lights. The problem is they do it to the home team too /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> . I wish they just got the opponents like a deer in the road. retirement is good. I forgot about the lights /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Greeneville by 14.

And he's dang hard to tackle once he's through too! I just hope the rain is outta here before friday.It would be nice to see the QB tandem throw some more.

The poll did not leave a third choice as to where DB fans will go...'cause they ain't going to either of these games. They will stay home and watch the replay.

Well I guess I was wrong about 'Betsy. But I think Bristol and the 'Devils are very evenly matched. Even so I feel the Vikings will dominate. I would definately like to see this game.

The poll did not leave a third choice as to where DB fans will go...'cause they ain't going to either of these games. They will stay home and watch the replay.

Well I guess I was wrong about 'Betsy. But I think Bristol and the 'Devils are very evenly matched. Even so I feel the Vikings will dominate. I would definately like to see this game.

NO CLASS