Tennessee High @ Greeneville

Class 4A Round 2  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Class 4A Round 2

Great win devils ..congrats. We just came out flat.. for whatever reason? just dug too deep a hole against a quality opponent. Devils..good luck next week.

As good as Greeneville played tonight, I think TH just KILLED themselves with penalties...could have been a different game without the holding and illegal block calls. Those are drive killers every time. i thought Greeneville's pass coverage was pitiful. Gotta work on that before next Friday or its gonna be a long night. I thought McCurry was brilliant in his use of Barner on the short pass tonight.....ya know if someone told me Hall would complete 80% for 200 tds I would have lost it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barner is back to full force, he had 3 tds tonight. Trevon has been playing great all year. Stewart ran over 3 guys and made 2 people miss. Did anyone else see the hit Trevon put on # 10? The kid didn't know were he was. I love how people keeps over looking the Devils since Greenway isn't on the team. All week i've heard about how good shepard was.....he wasn't even the best back on the Vikings team #27 had 3 times the rushing yards. I hope everyone keeps looking over the Devils because they will be in for a rude awakening. I do have to give props to the Vikings team they never gave up and i can respect that out of a team.

I must say it was a shock to see Barner in the game doing so well but I am so so glad he is back seeing that Hall did not get to run as much as in past games. The DEVILS came out swinging from the start and did not back down; although, the Vikings did not give up at all......good game Vikes! The hype about Shepard was overrated because I believe other players did way better than him. He was seen on the sidelines. Do not get me wrong because Greenway was a heck of a QB but the young men filling his shoes have shown that they can make some really nice plays as well......the coaching staff at GHS is making the right changes to keep on winning.....good luck next week Coach Mc, other coaching staff, and the devils football team. I am looking forward to another good game!!

First off let me congratulate the Devils. They played an outstanding first half. And don't chew me up and spit me out for asking this but does anyone else think the refs were a bit one sided tonight /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> ? But none the less great game all around. But Momma Devil, I have to disagree with you when you said that sheppard was overrated. He was injured on the first drive for the Vikings where he reinjured a lingering knee problem that has plagued him all year. But hats off to Xavier King for stepping up big tonight and helping with the ground game. And Taylor Harmon, you showed dedication while playing with what was clearly a painful injury. But you kept going and you played Great. I can honestly say this was one of the best games I have been to in a while. Your boy Hall is a player. He is a real strong runner with great mobility. and #2? He can play some ball too. We showed up flat in the first half but credit the Vikings for not giving up. You Vikings players and Seniors have nothing to hang your head about. You all exceeded every expectation that was made at the beginning of the year. Tonight was just bad first half. But shake it off. Youll be back next year. To all of the Seniors, thank you for the dedication that you have given to THE Viking program. I wish you all the best of luck in your futures. Great game tonight to both sides!!! Congrats Devils!

Great job Devils!! If South doesn't make some defensive adjustments,you could have some big plays on the ground with all the good backs in place.I look forward to next weeks game.

South must tackle better and if they can get some db's up into the face of these wideouts they can dissrupt the short passing game a bit. I think if you want to take advantage of either south or greenville you spread them out and use quick strike offense....now the question is who defends it the best this week.

As good as Greeneville played tonight, I think TH just KILLED themselves with penalties...could have been a different game without the holding and illegal block calls. Those are drive killers every time. i thought Greeneville's pass coverage was pitiful. Gotta work on that before next Friday or its gonna be a long night. I thought McCurry was brilliant in his use of Barner on the short pass tonight.....ya know if someone told me Hall would complete 80% for 200 tds I would have lost it /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree Barb ... but it is what it is. We've fought the flags all year ..thought we had that cured till last night.

Again hats off to your Devils ..well played /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To the viking players you guy showed great heart and determination which is the epitome of viking football and have nothing to hang your head about what so ever. We as fans are proud to be a part of such a determined bunch.

Taylor..I hope your hand was not broken in the first half. But if it was or not... that has to be one of the gutsiest performances i have ever seen at any level in the 2nd half. Kennan..well just too many carries and to many hits finally caught up to us. Still a Great season.

You seniors will be missed greatly. Just stop and think for a second what you guys went through this year..all the injurys to many to name ..if someone had told me that we would only be a only a couple plays away from round 3 of the play-offs after the DB game early in the season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But you guys stuck it out and hung tough through everything and kept this team together. And I guess you showed us ..Huhh! Good luck in life were ever it may take you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Viking pride on 3...1..2..3...VIKING PRIDE!!

I agree Barb ... but it is what it is. We've fought the flags all year ..thought we had that cured till last night.

Again hats off to your Devils ..well played /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

To the viking players you guy showed great heart and determination which is the epitome of viking football and have nothing to hang your head about what so ever. We as fans are proud to be a part of such a determined bunch.

Taylor..I hope your hand was not broken in the first half. But if it was or not... that has to be one of the gutsiest performances i have ever seen at any level in the 2nd half. Kennan..well just too many carries and to many hits finally caught up to us. Still a Great season.

You seniors will be missed greatly. Just stop and think for a second what you guys went through this year..all the injurys to many to name ..if someone had told me that we would only be a only a couple plays away from round 3 of the play-offs after the DB game early in the season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> But you guys stuck it out and hung tough through everything and kept this team together. And I guess you showed us ..Huhh! Good luck in life were ever it may take you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Viking pride on 3...1..2..3...VIKING PRIDE!!

Harmon was in obvious pain the entire second half. He took some monster hits and just kept flinging it. I hate to think how bad things would have been for us had the TH line been just a bit more disciplined.It has been a great run for us in Five Rivers. I will miss our friends in the MLC next year more than you all will ever know...'Til we realign again....

So...is the game next week at the Castle or do we have to play in Death Valley....JUST KIDDING. Good luck to both teams this will be a good one!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

[/quote

Cap1's all almighty TH Vikings got their butts handed to them again by a five rivers conference team in the playoffs!! This is beginning to be a script known all to well to the crow eating Cap1 and fans! See you next year for another re-run of how to lose to (supossed) inferior opposition when it matters the most. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cap1's all almighty TH Vikings got their butts handed to them again by a five rivers conference team in the playoffs!! This is beginning to be a script known all to well to the crow eating Cap1 and fans! See you next year for another re-run of how to lose to (supossed) inferior opposition when it matters the most. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I think Cap just needs some time to digest....or he's trying to figure out how Greeneville won without "you know who"...or maybe he's still in shock that a RB who was 3rd on the depth chart @ QB all season long, threw for over 200 yds on his Viking D.

So...is the game next week at the Castle or do we have to play in Death Valley....JUST KIDDING. Good luck to both teams this will be a good one!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Just remember your IN our conference next year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

'VHSFALCONS' date='Nov 16 2008 - 01:59 PM' post='826956054

Cap1's all almighty TH Vikings got their butts handed to them again by a five rivers conference team in the playoffs!! This is beginning to be a script known all to well to the crow eating Cap1 and fans! See you next year for another re-run of how to lose to (supossed) inferior opposition when it matters the most

Volunteer Falcons [2-5, 2-8]

Aug. 29 - at Sullivan East, L 6-20

Sept. 5 - Cocke County, W 34-7

Sept. 12 - at Clintwood, VA, L 16-33

Sept. 19 - at Daniel Boone, L 34-18

Sept. 26 - Bell County, KY, L 7-52

Oct. 3 - Greeneville, L 13-34

Oct. 10 - at David Crockett, W 21-0

Oct. 17 - Morristown East, L 7-35

Oct. 24 - at Morristown West, L 6-29

Oct. 31 - Cherokee, L 20-40

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You've got some nerve!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You better be glad they're making Central play in our conference next year...otherwise you could go ahead and filled in a L after EVERY conference game. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

'VHSFALCONS' date='Nov 16 2008 - 01:59 PM' post='826956054

Volunteer Falcons [2-5, 2-8]

Aug. 29 - at Sullivan East, L 6-20

Sept. 5 - Cocke County, W 34-7

Sept. 12 - at Clintwood, VA, L 16-33

Sept. 19 - at Daniel Boone, L 34-18

Sept. 26 - Bell County, KY, L 7-52

Oct. 3 - Greeneville, L 13-34

Oct. 10 - at David Crockett, W 21-0

Oct. 17 - Morristown East, L 7-35

Oct. 24 - at Morristown West, L 6-29

Oct. 31 - Cherokee, L 20-40

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You've got some nerve!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> You better be glad they're making Central play in our conference next year...otherwise you could go ahead and filled in a L after EVERY conference game. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Yeah but Volunteer will always have this one:

2007 Schedule

Fri Aug. 31 Sullivan East L 21-28

Fri Sep. 7 at Cocke Co. R L 19-20

Fri Sep. 14 Clintwood,VA W 42-0

Fri Sep. 21 Daniel Boone R W 19-7

Fri Sep. 28 at Bell Co (Ky) L 21-49

Fri Oct. 5 at Greeneville R L 7-17

Fri Oct. 12 David Crockett R W 34-8

Fri Oct. 19 at Morristown East R W 20-7

Fri Oct. 26 Morristown West R L 14-31

Fri Nov. 2 at Cherokee R W 19-15