Centennial vs Brentwood

ambiguousrock

If you mean get over the loss, I was over the loss when I posted this morning.

huskermoron started the excuse bull...turnovers and depth were the story, or I guess every sports writer and person at the game were all wrong. turnovers are a part of the game and we lost that part of the game. that was part of the difference. We lost to a very good team, but let it be that and go on. Maybe its just genetic for him

Why is it that when Centennial finally has a good year and replaces one of the perennials, our region is down. If Ravenwood, with Independence or Dickson had been the playoff teams, everyone would have continued to say WOW Region 6 is the toughest....but when little ole Centennial jumps up everyone screams the league is down.

I agree Brentwood might have won more if not for Ravenwood, Franklin would have if not for Centennial then Independence coming along in the last decade. Check the numbers, BW, RW, FK, and IN all have 500-700 more kids than Centennial. In football, where you have 22 players + kicker and punter, Centennial by far has the most going both ways. It catches up with you every time. In basketball and baseball where that depth isn't as necessary, Centennial has more than held their own. In baseball, we own BW and IN, sweeping the last 2 years. Basketball does very well against all the teams.

You look up the numbers, I know them. Centennial was similar in size, and BW got screwed intially too. All of the others have kids in portables, bursting at the seams, and we are 600 students less. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Not long till baseball and we can get back to being the ELITE team without the ELITE ATTITUDE.

maybe you would have more kids go out for the team if you had a better program. I would rather have an "ELITE ATTITUDE" than walk around with a chip on my shoulder. Last time I checked this was a football message board I could care less who you own in baseball. And by the way Region 6 is still the best whether "little ole Centennial" found a way to be apart of it this season or not, we are the best with or without you or in spite of you.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one comment......

you play with the cards you are dealt and you deal with the results so get over the zoning issue.... geez

if you think about it there is prob a reason they have less kids there..... it isnt really the best learning enviroment in my opinion.... i mean think about it with all the violence, etc. Centennial has a dress code strictly as a result from a gang problem that could possibly have played into the zoning.

one comment......

you play with the cards you are dealt and you deal with the results so get over the zoning issue.... geez

if you think about it there is prob a reason they have less kids there..... it isnt really the best learning enviroment in my opinion.... i mean think about it with all the violence, etc. Centennial has a dress code strictly as a result from a gang problem that could possibly have played into the zoning.

The zoning happened a year after I left, and at that time, we had no gang violence, and no dress code. From what I hear, an increase in Mexicans has resulted in the disturbances.

It's truly disconcerting to hear what's going on there, but as far as football is concerned, we've had lower numbers than the other schools as far back as 2004.

Where is Goldendome aka lou holtz66 aka sarah pahlin???why the name changes? We need your input...

glad ya missed me - guess uoset those in sumner co whom think they are the be all - end all of football...

congrats to CHS on a great season and something you should be proud of and build upon. You took it to those whom thought you were going to be a doormat this year and a bunch of seniors now leave the program with a good taste in their mouth - all this rezoning,we are the smallest school leave it all alone and take it as it is- love your team and have fun with the bashing of each other during the week and for a few days after, but as a resident of WILCO, pick a team next week and then if your team does not win ( FHS- BHS ) take them and cheer them to the golden ball to show those around middle tn we ARE THE REGION..

The zoning happened a year after I left, and at that time, we had no gang violence, and no dress code. From what I hear, an increase in Mexicans has resulted in the disturbances.

It's truly disconcerting to hear what's going on there, but as far as football is concerned, we've had lower numbers than the other schools as far back as 2004.

Rock,

In 2003, the year before Indy rezoning, CHS had 34 freshmen football players. That dwindled to 15 by the time those guys were seniors. Several of the 34 freshmen (Darnell, Hazzard, DiLorreto) were the foundation for Indy's first successful season. Enrollment has not recovered and politics and a lack of residential development (no Westhavens, etc) within the zone will likely prevent any relevant future increases. The Hispanic population gives Centennial the highest minority percentage in the county and few within that group participate in football or other sports. This years' team opened with 20 freshmen (not sure how many finished) and 17 seniors were honored against Columbia, showing things haven't recovered since 2003. As an indication as to a lack of depth, 3 freshmen started against Gallatin, 2 against Brentwood. These aren't excuses, just facts to support that everyone associated with the team should be congratulated for the great yeat that was 2008.

School population really has little to do with it. In 1995 when there was only Brentwood and Franklin Brentwood had 56 players including freshmen. Coaching, parental, and community support, along with a strong program make the difference.

Centennial needs to understand its past. For years They have been the laughing stock of the Williamson County teams. Teams like Brentwood and Franklin had existed for years, and were established programs because of that, and when teams like Ravenwood and Independence quickly grew into threats, that only added to Centennial's grief.

This year was a step in the right direction for the cougars. Although to many throughout the county CHS is still viewed as the helpless little brother. When kids think of Centennial football they think of years of disappointment. And while this year was a great improvement it is going to take a few more 7-8 win seasons coupled with beating a few cross-town rivals to truly breathe life into this program. Re-building takes time, and this is just the first step.

Great game Friday

Great over-all season, see you all next year

wow that has to be the most arrogant, cocky thing I have ever heard probably on this board at any time.

calm down dude! I would like to say some choice words to you but I like being able to keep posting on CoachT.

oh

in case you didn't notice

Chaz Scales is a Mr. Tennessee Football award finalist for 5a, as well as Nichols from Franklin.

For being so elite, where is the Brentwood candidate????

IT doesnt matter if Brentwood has a Mr. Football candidate. Brentwood doesnt rely on one or two players to win thier games. Brentwood worked all summer long trying build a TEAM.

School population really has little to do with it. In 1995 when there was only Brentwood and Franklin Brentwood had 56 players including freshmen. Coaching, parental, and community support, along with a strong program make the difference.

If school population is insignificant, why does the TSSAA bother with classifications?