David Lipscomb vs. Lexington

Alleycat

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's take an analytical approach to this game.

Lexington has played opponents with a combined record of 58-57, or winning percentage of .504. Lipscomb has played opponents with a combined record of 52-63, or a winning percentage of .452. Advantage Lexington

Lexington has played seven games to date against teams that made the playoffs. Two in 4A, four in 3A and one in 1A. None survived the first round of the playoffs. Lipscomb has played five games to date against teams that made the playoffs. One in 2A and four in 3A. Three continue on into the second round. Advantage Lexington on the number of playoff teams. Advantage Lipscomb on the success of the teams that did make it.

Lexington has outscored its opponents by a combined 314-287. Lipscomb has outscored its opponents by a combined 430-138. Advantage Lipscomb

Lexington was 4-2 at home and 3-2 on the road. Lipscomb was 6-0 at home and 5-0 on the road. Advantage Lipscomb, although Lexington seems to bring a large crowd.

One common opponent in the year, which is Chester County. It was a Lexington homecoming game and win by a 34-28 margin. Evidently, Colton Taylor played in this game. Neighborhood rivalry and I'm sure a war. My guess is starters probably played the entire game since outcome was six points. Lipscomb was up 41-0 on Chester County when starters were pulled. I guess advantage Lipscomb, although it is hard to put much stock in one common opponent game played six weeks apart.

Injury situation should be big. Colton Taylor will be back for Lexington; but, will his effectiveness be 100%. I do not know of other Lex injuries due to lack of familiarity with team. Lipscomb lost best running, Harrison Daniel in week five. He is done for the year. Lipscomb has Rogers for defensive purposes. Relatively healthly otherwise. I think advantage Lexington.

Should be a great game. My prediction later in the week.

Advantage DL all the way around. Defending Champs. Undefeated. At home, etc, etc, etc.

Lex will show up anyway and probably lose badly. They weren't supposed to be here anyway. I don't hold out much hope personally but I may come anyway.

Yes it was very cold in 05. Rain in the forecast all week here even a small chance friday. I assume it will be the same Friday at DL too. If so who knows what can happen on a rainy cold night.

Let's take an analytical approach to this game.

Lexington has played opponents with a combined record of 58-57, or winning percentage of .504. Lipscomb has played opponents with a combined record of 52-63, or a winning percentage of .452. Advantage Lexington

Lexington has played seven games to date against teams that made the playoffs. Two in 4A, four in 3A and one in 1A. None survived the first round of the playoffs.

Lipscomb has played five games to date against teams that made the playoffs. One in 2A and four in 3A. Three continue on into the second round. Advantage Lexington on the number of playoff teams. Advantage Lipscomb on the success of the teams that did make it.

Lexington has outscored its opponents by a combined 314-287. Lipscomb has outscored its opponents by a combined 430-138. Advantage Lipscomb

Lexington was 4-2 at home and 3-2 on the road. Lipscomb was 6-0 at home and 5-0 on the road. Advantage Lipscomb, although Lexington seems to bring a large crowd.

One common opponent in the year, which is Chester County. It was a Lexington homecoming game and win by a 34-28 margin. Evidently, Colton Taylor played in this game. Neighborhood rivalry and I'm sure a war. My guess is starters probably played the entire game since outcome was six points. Lipscomb was up 41-0 on Chester County when starters were pulled. I guess advantage Lipscomb, although it is hard to put much stock in one common opponent game played six weeks apart.

Injury situation should be big. Colton Taylor will be back for Lexington; but, will his effectiveness be 100%. I do not know of other Lex injuries due to lack of familiarity with team. Lipscomb lost best running, Harrison Daniel in week five. He is done for the year. Lipscomb has Rogers for defensive purposes. Relatively healthly otherwise. I think advantage Lexington.

Should be a great game. My prediction later in the week.

The last time these teams met I heard DL turned on the lights and the stands were full of Tiger fans on both sides. We've (Huntingdon) played at Lipscomb before and their visitor seating is small to say the least.

Coach McCadams will have the boys ready. Always a fundamentally sound team.. Oh yea, watch out for the tight end shift. Ask Fulton about that.... The word is the "Speed Demon" is back for Lipscomb and played some last week. DL will be too much for Lexington..

DL... 35

Lexington... 14

I think he was responding to all of the posts that year indicating that Lexington had too much speed for Lipscomb and they would run over The Mustangs

That year DL was dominate up front in that game. But, they only saw Deshaun Smith at QB one series and Kevis Buckley for one half. They were they guys with all the speed. I still think DL ould have won, but I wonder what would have happened if Lexington stuck to what got them there and Kevis would have played a whole game. He was the best player on the field, IMO.

I will try to advise the Lexinton bus driver on where and how to park the bus.

By the way, that kicker should be ready...he will get lots of action....Punting!!!

If Lexington plays like they did against SS.....the clock and the bus will be running the second half.

I would be mighty surprised to see a player who has missed so much time step into a high caliber game like this and be a huge factor.