Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wing T is a bad word. Webb runs it to perfection and they destroyed us with it this past year. A couple other teams we played ran it as well, but we defended their version of it better than we did against Webb. Our D was weak at the beginning of the year but steadily improved. Our offense had too many injuries and turnovers to ever get into sync, but we spread the field and throw the ball about 70% of the time. We have no super stars, just an overall team concept. We usually are the smallest team on the field. Our schedule is difficult so I'm not sure about wins/loses for '09. I too like to see new teams and am looking forward to our game with Sequoyah.

Lost the whole starting backfield so have a lot of questions that need to be answered this spring.

I know its a boo boo on your part,but we ran the double wing ,not the wing-t.I know you know more about football then that,so it has to be a type-o.Just thought i would help you out.No thanks needed.

Anyway there Mr. Football no matter what you call it, it is still a variation of the Wing-T. Everytime your finger strikes a key you prove me more and more correct, so to that I thank you.

I would like to talk about the future for a bit, my opinion is that the scheme can be wide open for next season, if Coach S wanted to move players for example, like putting Steinhardt in the backfield or something like that. If he wanted he could run any style of formation, 4 or 5 wide, pro-set, wing-t or double wing, the "I", wishbone...etc..the possibllities are wide open. At the QB position, one would have to think that Kince gets the nod with the arm stregnth, not sure who will push him for the position, maybe Coleman, word is that Wilkerson will be transferring to Loudon after the Christmas break. Rogers will be a great field leader. In the backfield, well I'll say its wide open, only Stewart has a step ahead of everyone elese. This factor should bring out some great competition in the spring. The Wideout position, will also be open also with Fritts and his height, Lil Bell with his speed. Of course Fritts could also play some QB or TE and Bell could be a factor at TB or Wing. Lineman, two big holes to replace, I'll need some help here folks.

from what i know about last year's season this year was pretty good comparatively. aside from Quarrels at maryville, u would be hard pressed to find a better head coach than "wild bill." i know there were forces beyond his control at greenback that caused him to leave but you all have a great coach, just listen and u will improve in the years to come

I would like to talk about the future for a bit, my opinion is that the scheme can be wide open for next season, if Coach S wanted to move players for example, like putting Steinhardt in the backfield or something like that. If he wanted he could run any style of formation, 4 or 5 wide, pro-set, wing-t or double wing, the "I", wishbone...etc..the possibllities are wide open. At the QB position, one would have to think that Kince gets the nod with the arm stregnth, not sure who will push him for the position, maybe Coleman, word is that Wilkerson will be transferring to Loudon after the Christmas break. Rogers will be a great field leader. In the backfield, well I'll say its wide open, only Stewart has a step ahead of everyone elese. This factor should bring out some great competition in the spring. The Wideout position, will also be open also with Fritts and his height, Lil Bell with his speed. Of course Fritts could also play some QB or TE and Bell could be a factor at TB or Wing. Lineman, two big holes to replace, I'll need some help here folks.

I like the idea of moving Steinhart into the backfield that would help balance out inexperience by adding in some pure toughness. I was not impressed with Stewart in backfield, maybe a combination of Steinhart and Bell. But doing that would leave three holes to fill on the line, but there was some good sized boys standing on the sidelines last season and with the winter to work out and a spring under these coaches and they could fill the void. Can we count Fritts will he stick it out next season, cause if he does TE or wide receiver would get a huge boost.

I like the idea of moving Steinhart into the backfield that would help balance out inexperience by adding in some pure toughness. I was not impressed with Stewart in backfield, maybe a combination of Steinhart and Bell. But doing that would leave three holes to fill on the line, but there was some good sized boys standing on the sidelines last season and with the winter to work out and a spring under these coaches and they could fill the void. Can we count Fritts will he stick it out next season, cause if he does TE or wide receiver would get a huge boost.

Sterling would probably love to get back in the backfield. Unfortunately, from what I saw in the JV games, it would be devistateing to our offensive line. Not that we don't have potential there, it just didn't seem to gel at the JV level. I think with Stewert, Owen, Zitch, and we have capable backs. They maybe not explosive backs like Carson & Breeden, but with good blocking, they can do the job. Nick Brummett ran well in the JV games as well.

I am of the belief that you shore up the line and then worry about running backs.

The future is bright at the running back porition with Huffman from Madisonville and Steele and Denham coming up from Vonore. Even in the classes behind them, there is tremendous potential at the running back position at both Madisonville and Vonore.

Glad to hear that we will be playing you folks next year. It is always good to see a new team on the schedule.

Sequoyah ran Wing T last season, however I don't expect to see it again next season. We lost a lot of tallent this season but we will still have a lot of potential coming back next year as well.

You really are the "football genius" aren't you!!!!! Sequoyah never ran ANY FORM of the wing T LOL!!! It was the double wing! Anyone with a whiff of football knows the difference. The wing T and the double wing are nothing alike, NOTHING! ROFLMAO!!!! Oh thats funny. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Is that the same Wilkerson that started working out w/ Loudon in the summer and then transferred back to Sequoyah. I believe thats the name I had heard the boys talk about.

Anyway there Mr. Football no matter what you call it, it is still a variation of the Wing-T. Everytime your finger strikes a key you prove me more and more correct, so to that I thank you.

Variation of the Wing-T ohhhhhhh my goodness. Why don't you just tell us about that??????? Nahh you will just ramble on about something else you know so much about. Again now real slow tell us about the variation to the wing T????? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />