Satisfied with Sequoyah Football this year?

NO that was the counter ISO Forest(doesn't even resemble cross buck action). The QB fakes veer action backside,the play side wing doesn't cross with anyone he hits play-side A gap(should be in rev motion) and blocks the Mike backer(ughh thats the middle backer for you Forrest) play-side guard blocks down on 2 or 1 tech, on 3 tech he fans,tackle fans 4 tech, punches 5 tech to will or SAM backer, center blocks down on shade to 1 tech, climbs to second level if 3 tech. Backside guard scoops, Backside Tackle punches to FS. WR stalk block.

Actually that is a version of the crossbuck you can call it what you want and there was no need to talk blocking schemes to try to build yourself up your 5-25 record as an assistant speaks for itself.

Anyway back to wing t need major differences

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know at Maryville and Alcoa do you really think that it would have mattered what they run in LL, there has been alot of tallent come through those schools that led to their success.

I agree, there has been a lot of tallent come through those programs, but tallent can't win championships on its own. An individual's tallent is only good for 4 years if he has playing time all four of those years. Those PROGRAMS have been successful for 7-8 years which involves rollover of players.

Their crickets right now know the hole numbering system and formations that they will be using 10 years from now when they are in high school. By the time they enter their freshman year, they will probably know 3/4 of the plays they will be running over the next 4 years. All the coaches have to do after that is conditioning, reinforce fundamentals, watch film, and game plan.

The system (PROGRAM) allows their tallent to be successful.

I agree, there has been a lot of tallent come through those programs, but tallent can't win championships on its own. An individual's tallent is only good for 4 years if he has playing time all four of those years. Those PROGRAMS have been successful for 7-8 years which involves rollover of players.

Their crickets right now know the hole numbering system and formations that they will be using 10 years from now when they are in high school. By the time they enter their freshman year, they will probably know 3/4 of the plays they will be running over the next 4 years. All the coaches have to do after that is conditioning, reinforce fundamentals, watch film, and game plan.

The system (PROGRAM) allows their tallent to be successful.

A little insight from someone who came through the Maryville System and now a chief! It all starts with there Midget team (5th and 6th grade). Coach Sentell (Volunteer coach) was my coach and has been now for 25+ years. He was a hard nose Disciplinary that ran the basic Maryville offense and defense. Then we moved to Junior High School (Grade 7-9). Coach Anderson was my coach and had been there for 20+ years! Two of the assistant coaches were young men just starting their coaching careers. All three of these coaches were also in the box on Friday night working with the high school staff. The high school used the middle school as a feeder program not only for players but also for coaches. In JR High we ran the EXACT system, schemes, plays, etc. as the high school. When we got to high school we knew exactly what to expect. Now that is a system! It sure would be nice to have a middle school program to develop players and young coaches. (Money is the key, you must pay the middle school coaches and they must be on the high school staff). Also the LL programs still can play a very IMPORTANT role, both sides need to have good coaches at all levels. There is a place for both LL and Middle school programs.

You are correct jrw There system (PROGRAM) allows their tallent to be successful.

LETS BUILD A PROGRAM!! Go Chiefs!

Quote: (Red white) Heck I can take a I formation with two tightends, move that tailback over behind the tightend and I now have the Double Wing.

Explain this if you do this it does not make a double wing, it makes you look like a fool, cause i do believe you are still short a wing. Oh unless you are going to give the defense a chance by playing with 10 men. I bet that is what you are going to do cause you so smart.

Let me slow this down for you again Slowber. OK in the I we have are fullback who is lined up behind the QB right. (are you following me so far?). Then you have your I -back right behind the fullback right!(I hope this is not to fast). Remember when I said we had 2 tightends alright. That means that they are both in tight, right next to the tackles( I hope you know who the tackles are, because if you don't you will not get this.) Being that we are in a tight formation, that other back is lined up tight also. That being at the WING.(take your time and read real slow, you will get it). Now when we move that I-back over at the other wing (you know the I-back, the one who was behind the fullback). Bam, we are now in a Double-wing set. If you really think hard you will get this. Maybe get some crayons & paper and try to draw it out.

A little insight from someone who came through the Maryville System and now a chief! It all starts with there Midget team (5th and 6th grade). Coach Sentell (Volunteer coach) was my coach and has been now for 25+ years. He was a hard nose Disciplinary that ran the basic Maryville offense and defense. Then we moved to Junior High School (Grade 7-9). Coach Anderson was my coach and had been there for 20+ years! Two of the assistant coaches were young men just starting their coaching careers. All three of these coaches were also in the box on Friday night working with the high school staff. The high school used the middle school as a feeder program not only for players but also for coaches. In JR High we ran the EXACT system, schemes, plays, etc. as the high school. When we got to high school we knew exactly what to expect. Now that is a system! It sure would be nice to have a middle school program to develop players and young coaches. (Money is the key, you must pay the middle school coaches and they must be on the high school staff). Also the LL programs still can play a very IMPORTANT role, both sides need to have good coaches at all levels. There is a place for both LL and Middle school programs.

You are correct jrw There system (PROGRAM) allows their tallent to be successful.

LETS BUILD A PROGRAM!! Go Chiefs!

Lets build a program!! Amen.

We at Greenback can relate to the pain you feel being in the middle-bottom of pack with the occassional top contending team in your LL programs. We have been there many times. We seem to always have one maybe two teams that might make a run for the top spot, but usually always seem to have a couple or more teams clawing for just a win. We have some really good atheltes in our community, just not always enough to fill every position solidly. That is the disadvantage of being a small community, but I would not trade the format for anything. The Sequoyah Conference is tough and a solid league. My oldest has played in it for 5 years now, my youngest for 2 (Cricket Conference Champs!!), and my husband has coached for over 10 years (every age group but Cutters). My oldest son came from a Hopper team that was 0-10 to a 2008 Hopper team that went 6-6 making the playoffs for the first time since he was a first year Cricket. You talk about happy!!! He learned valuable lessons during the low years and it really made him work hard and mature to reach his goals. Many on his team have showed so much improvement over one year it's amazing. We have good coaches that are more than just a coach. They are like an extension of the family. My kids feel like they have 20-30 brothers all through season. The LL programs allow kids that may not ever have a chance of playing or developing to do so. When you combine communities to form a bigger and better team you are cutting like 44 potential starting positions down to as low as 22 (Off. & Def. w/some going both ways). Plus if the Monroe County teams start joining together for Middle School ball, Greenback would have to consider joining Loudon for a county Middle School team. No disrespect to Loudon, but that would hurt a lot of our kids. It would be hard for us to compete without joining somebody (as small a school as we are). The LL programs can & do work if done right. The LL years should be all about fundamentals, how to tackle, block, run & hold the ball, how to take the right angle, learning the wholes and different formations, the penalties, etc. They all know what touchdowns are, but when they first start many don't have a clue about the downs and how to move the chains. My youngest son has so much physical capability, but would crack you up before he learned the football jargon. WHen his coach would holler "stay outside" he would say "I am outside, what's he talking about?" When my older son told him he needed to "contain", the look on my younger son's face was priceless. He told him "I thought we were talking about football, I don't know what your talking about, but I thought we were talking about football". I'll never forget these moments. I know this is long, but why can't we just wait till our kids are in high school to play in that competitive school format. They are playing competitively in these LL programs and I really don't like the idea of having one kid playing on a Tues. night and another playing on Saturday, when they could just both be playing on Saturday. Week night (school night) football games for young kids prior to highschool seems a little ridiculous. I appreciate that my kids' games are on Saturday and not through the week. Education is very important as well. How does MS football get enough practice time in? DO they practice on Saturday? We don't practice on Wednesdays due to church or Fridays (usually) due to HS games. That only leaves 2 practice nights. Seems like they get more practice in the LL (which is extremely important). I need to stop here, I could go on for days on this subject.

Great Post, gotta be related to Brian?

Actually that is a version of the crossbuck you can call it what you want and there was no need to talk blocking schemes to try to build yourself up your 5-25 record as an assistant speaks for itself.

Anyway back to wing t need major differences

Actually that is not close to a crossbuck, a counter ISO in NO WAY resembles a crossbuck, no wonder you TRY and stay hidden behind a computer "there killing us off tackle" "you should know your the expert." Now what was it we did at the banquet?

Well i will go out on a limb here.I think it all comes down to 1 thing.

PLAYING TIME ISSUES.

Is the playing time issue with the little leaguers or high school kids?

Two schools of thought.

One is you keep your little league programs seperate in order to accomidate more playing time for young ones on Saturday. Truth is that even though their are less kids, there are going to be kids that only see a few plays. I know I have lived it. You do lose the community aspect of we are Madisonville or Vonore. There are some kids who will not play highschool ball and just want to enjoy the youth league.

Second thought is more logical to me, and I speak for myself only. Bring your programs together, same kids are going to NOT see the field as much. With better players on the field in key positions these other not as skilled YET players can be rotated throughout the game and actually see the field a little more. Your better players are competing for their positions, which competition will only make the kids work harder. Practices will be stronger because your first team guys are not rolling all over the not as skilled YET players. I gaurantee your weaker players will get better out of neccesity with more individual attention. Specific individual drills can be conducted by position coaches, because you have enough skilled coaches running pracices, trained by the highschool coaches. Highschool coaches can impliment their system and by the time these guys are at the junior level, they know where they are going to be and how to do their job. Coaches can focus on more of the meat because the FEEDER is supplying the content and fundamentals. Lastly, it brings two communities together to a common goal. Basically it takes away, not completely, daddy ball.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS!

Actually that is not close to a crossbuck, a counter ISO in NO WAY resembles a crossbuck, no wonder you TRY and stay hidden behind a computer "there killing us off tackle" "you should know your the expert."

Dave, I received a phone call this morning. If this off-tackle and expert reference is referring to a conversation at a game this year and this is who you think slobber is, trust me, it isn't. I have nothing in this, have somewhat enjoyed watching and reading as you guys go back and forth, but I promise it's not him. Jeff should know that for sure,also, as they had a conversation about this very thing before. If it's not what you're thinking, I apologize for butting in.

Two schools of thought.

One is you keep your little league programs seperate in order to accomidate more playing time for young ones on Saturday. Truth is that even though their are less kids, there are going to be kids that only see a few plays. I know I have lived it. You do lose the community aspect of we are Madisonville or Vonore. There are some kids who will not play highschool ball and just want to enjoy the youth league.

Second thought is more logical to me, and I speak for myself only. Bring your programs together, same kids are going to NOT see the field as much. With better players on the field in key positions these other not as skilled YET players can be rotated throughout the game and actually see the field a little more. Your better players are competing for their positions, which competition will only make the kids work harder. Practices will be stronger because your first team guys are not rolling all over the not as skilled YET players. I gaurantee your weaker players will get better out of neccesity with more individual attention. Specific individual drills can be conducted by position coaches, because you have enough skilled coaches running pracices, trained by the highschool coaches. Highschool coaches can impliment their system and by the time these guys are at the junior level, they know where they are going to be and how to do their job. Coaches can focus on more of the meat because the FEEDER is supplying the content and fundamentals. Lastly, it brings two communities together to a common goal. Basically it takes away, not completely, daddy ball.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS!

what you have had is a handfull of parents that have made excuses for little Johnny all his life and they ALWAYS blame someone for there failures. If little johnny is not the star then it is someones fault. Most of those parents are gone now but a few hang around becuase they are so bitter.

Two schools of thought.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS!

Me and doc were vol.assit. coach"s in the high school.Slobber blames us for is son not getting more playing time then he did.Thats why he keeps harping on the previous staff mainly us.The problem is we didn"t decide on who started and who did"t and we kept trying to tell him that but i guess he won't except it.If you go back and look at his post,you can see he says it over and over and over for the last 2 years.But i guess he has to blame someone so were the easiest way out for him.