Z-Plan (All schools not created equal)

jacksoncounty

What if they only have 1 team in the division within the region? They automatically qualify for the playoffs? I haven't read, so don't bash me. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

no, they will have to finish in the top 2 in the "district/region" or get a wildcard.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here goes my 2 cents.

The entire classification process is a joke. All they did was create another layer of football playoffs. Instead of 5 classes, we have 6. What for? I don't know. It was thin with 5 classes, now with 6 it has watered down the entire process even more. Now we have 192 teams that will make the playoffs out of 310 or so schools eligible. As for the redistricting process, I think they just sit around pulling names out of a hat. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. We have been told one thing, but I'm sure when it comes out there will be something different. I wish the coaches and administrators would stand up and quit letting Ronnie Carter do as he pleases. It's time for a new direction for high school sports in the state of Tennessee.

I will tell you what for 6 classes of football means more money its always is about the money if not we would have hAVE BROKEN OTHER SPORTS IN TO 4 CLASSES. BUT OTHER THAN FOOTBALL BASKET BALL BRINGS IN THE NEXT MOST BUT NOT COMPARED TO WHAT FOOTBALL BRINGS IN. MONEY MONEY

The z plan was created to save the schools money on travel. I hear that Loudon's travel miles just doubled. A 2 hour drive to Scott Co. does not really save the school any money. Don't let Ronnie Carter fool you it's all about the money that another playoff game can bring. By the way, the way things are now don't you think $7.00 is a little high for a High School football game? If you have 2 kids counting gas and food, a good Friday night of High School Football will cost you about $100.00 " what a deal"

The z plan does save money on travel for most schools. A lot of schools will play their former region opponents in non-region games also. I really tire of the money statement. It does not add much money to the playoffs anyway.The plan is a concerted effort to save money for schools. They get to play the same teams they play in other sports...which does form more rivalries. Is it perfect? Absolutely not...but I think it is better in a lot of ways.

Alright, if you tire of the money thing, explain why the tickets go to 7.00 with TSSAA getting the biggest cut of the gate.

And by the way, how much does a basketball ticket cost? How about a ticket to a High School baseball game.

7 bucks for the playoffs is not bad. The tssaa gets 50% and the teams get 25% each. Since I pay $73 for a Titans ticket...I won't complain.

The z plan does save money on travel for most schools. A lot of schools will play their former region opponents in non-region games also. I really tire of the money statement. It does not add much money to the playoffs anyway.The plan is a concerted effort to save money for schools. They get to play the same teams they play in other sports...which does form more rivalries. Is it perfect? Absolutely not...but I think it is better in a lot of ways.

Sure it adds money to the playoffs . when carter bids this out to murfreesboro or which every city wants inthat is 2 more teams more hotel rooms etc so you cant really discount the money issue or ignore. True it may reduce travel for some schools and set up old regions but dont kid your self it is stil about the money

I really do believe that a 4 classification, 12 district proposal is the best way to handle the travel issue.

Sure it adds money to the playoffs . when carter bids this out to murfreesboro or which every city wants inthat is 2 more teams more hotel rooms etc so you cant really discount the money issue or ignore. True it may reduce travel for some schools and set up old regions but dont kid your self it is stil about the money

So...how much money does it add? If that is so...why did DII go from 3 classes to 2 a couple of years ago? I really don't think it is much of a factor. I don't think another class was added for that reason. In the grand scheme of things...it is negligible.